Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #
Realistic Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Speed2 Racing Group TRANS AM Series

3 posters

Go down

Speed2 Racing Group TRANS AM Series Empty Speed2 Racing Group TRANS AM Series

Post by Guest 1/28/2013, 6:49 pm

Series Name: Speed2 Racing Group TRANS AM Series
Series Night and Time: Saturday nights 9:00 PM ET ALTRNATING WEEKS OF THE ALMS SERIES
Series Coordinator and mandatory 2nd in command: RR XMan77 and Noggles10
Other series admins?: Speed2 Racing
Detailed game plan for execution of your series.

Historic. Iconic. America’s Road Racing Series
The Trans Am Series is the longest running road racing series in North America.
Introduced in 1966 as the Trans American Sedan Championship, the Trans Am Series has been at the forefront of the American racing scene for nearly five full decades.
Through the years, the Trans Am has produced some of the hardest-fought, fender-banging racing ever seen in North America.

Since day one, the Trans Am Series has been all about showcasing Detroit Iron. It was the Pony Car Wars then, and it remains that today.
The ground-pounding, fire-breathing race cars that run in Trans Am may look like the cars we drive on the street every day, but make no mistake, every inch of these machines are purpose built race cars capable of hitting 190 mph. Yet, the Trans Am Series offers its competitor base one of the most affordable production-based technical platforms ever created.

The annual 10-race schedule has cars that costs that are less than $200,000 for the top division and $120,000 for TA2, and teams that spend in excess of the “target” value do not gain a performance advantage.
The major components (chassis, major engine parts, etc.) can run for years with routine maintenance. These cars are fixed with wrenches, not laptops.

The Trans Am is not a Spec series. Rules allow for enough creativity and originality to keep things interesting. Smart thinking and hard work are rewarded on the track.

Races are 100 mile sprints. There are no pit stops. It’s flat-out, heart-pounding racing from green to checkered flag, or until the car runs out of brakes, runs out of tires, runs out of fuel, runs out of driver endurance, crashes or wins.
So when it comes time for racers to stop and reflect, is it any wonder that time and time again, that racers that devoted any portion of their racing career to the Trans Am Series, fondly refer to the Trans Am as their favorite racing stop of their career?

No, it’s not hard to understand, given the ultra performance, and driver versus driver competition.

The Trans Am Series Race Car

Watch and listen as 40 Trans Am race cars approach the start/finish line to take the green flag. Make no mistake that you’ll be left with an impression you’ll not soon forget.

The Trans Am race car is often described as an exotic, fast, fire-belching, ground-pounding beast that is adept on both traditional road courses and grand prix street circuits.

The Trans Am’s tube-frame chassis construction makes for easy preparations and repair. The Trans Am Series limits the technological development, which keeps the costs of racing from escalating and allows the teams to keep their respective budgets in the moderate to low range in comparison to other professional racing series.

Here are more of the Trans Am Race Car particulars

Performance: Trans Am race cars are among the fastest race cars on the circuit, capable of accelerating from 0 to 60 mph in 3.10 seconds, 0 to 140 in 11.5 seconds, and posting ¼ mile times of 10.8 second at 136 mph. A Trans Am race car can hit 190 mph on an extended straight, while the braking capability is 70 to 0 mph in 131 feet.

Bodies: Cars must maintain the recognizable external features of the manufacturer’s model while providing the necessary flares for racing slicks.

Spoilers/Ground Effects: Front and rear spoilers are allowed, but side skirts are not

Engine: The Trans Am race car is powered by a naturally aspirated, V-8, engine. Each Car will have a Specific Build on the game in which this can be made on the engine.

Suspension: . Cars will be set up with Full race chassis and ABS brakes are not permitted.

Wheels/Tires: Wheels are typically aluminum, magnesium or a combination thereof. The list of rims allowed will be posted in the thread, if approved. All competitors use a spec racing tire provided by Goodyear (or so we say in the game)

The Trans Am Series Competition Format

A Trans Am Series race is 100 miles in length, and does not require a mandatory pit stop for fueling, tires or driver changes. As a sprint, it is driver versus driver, and that means its flat out racing from start to finish.

The series generally has four to five on-track sessions, including two practices (30 to 45 minutes in length), one qualifying session (also 30 to 45 minutes in length), a warm-up (promoter optional, 15 to 20 minutes in length) and race. Depending on the circuit, a 90-minute window, including pre- and post-race activities, will be sufficient to complete the race. We will have 1 30 minute ORGANIZED practice session at 8:30PM ET. Qualifying will begin at 9:00PM ET for fastest lap time in (1) 15 minute session. We will then start the race in correct order, rolling start. The tracks mileage will determine the number of laps.

The top cars are the standard barrier of the series – the Trans Am and the Global GT (GGT) classes.

The Trans Am category is a key component to the Trans Am show and is exploding in popularity. It features Chevrolet Camaros and Ford Mustangs.

The Global GT (GGT) was introduced in 2011, as a class for racecars with an international racing pedigree, such as the Porsche GT3 Cup, Ferrari 430 Challenge and Dodge Viper Cup cars. Performance is consistent with TA2.

Trans Am rules align easily Realistic Racing driver rules, other than some contact is allowed, as this is the excitement of this series, which makes for a relatively easy transition for drivers to join the series.

SCHEDULE
SEBRING FULL
MAPLE VALLEY FULL
INFINION NASCAR
ROAD AMERICA
SEDONA CLUB
LAGUNA SECA
ROAD ATLANTA FULL
SUNSET FULL REVERSE

2. 27
3. 25
4. 23
5. 21
6. 20
7. 19
8. 18
9. 17
10. 16
11-on. 15

Back to top Go down

Speed2 Racing Group TRANS AM Series Empty Re: Speed2 Racing Group TRANS AM Series

Post by GuNzAbLaZiN69 1/28/2013, 7:01 pm

I'm in. As usual, I'm here to help if you need me.
GuNzAbLaZiN69
GuNzAbLaZiN69
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Speed2 Racing Group TRANS AM Series Empty Re: Speed2 Racing Group TRANS AM Series

Post by Guest 1/29/2013, 12:35 am

Anyone that wants to try out this setup, let me know and we can run some this weekend after the ALMS race. Just reply and I will get a list together.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/30/2013, 1:38 am

We can run a few practice races if you guys want this weekend. Both TA cars are built and run pretty quick times. Post if you are interested in running some.

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR MeRiCA 1/30/2013, 1:41 am

u know im in to helpand run when u want..
HCR MeRiCA
HCR MeRiCA
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by GuNzAbLaZiN69 1/30/2013, 10:15 am

Same here.
GuNzAbLaZiN69
GuNzAbLaZiN69
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/30/2013, 10:29 am

I already have been running the cars at Road Atlanta until late last night. I will post them on my storefront for download.

Back to top Go down

Post by TyrannicCymbals 1/30/2013, 3:46 pm

I will be there, baring that nothing comes up.
TyrannicCymbals
TyrannicCymbals
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/30/2013, 4:14 pm

I'm also interested. PM me the car list and PI details, etc. Thanks. Looks like a great series.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/31/2013, 12:12 am

I will set up a room tomorrow night around 9:30Pm. I will post the build and tune on my storefront (free) for the Camaro and the Mustang. After runs in these, I will post GGT cars. If you are interested, post below and I will send you an invite when I go to do some runs in the mustang.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/31/2013, 6:37 pm

I'd like to run the 2009 Jaguar XKR-S (S Class, or equivalent to your specs). They did run in TA1 last year. Looks like a cool ride.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2/1/2013, 5:25 pm

And there is a 2011 XKR-S model Jag as an add-on pack. Can be upgraded to S700. In my testing, sounds like it would fit right in with the Mustangs and Corvettes. Not as quick as the Viper, but will keep up with the others nicely. Even has a Trans Am paint scheme.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2/1/2013, 5:36 pm

We can test them all out after the race tonight if you want. I have done a lot of laps in the mustang/Camaro class. Cars ready for the higher class, but not in track with others.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2/3/2013, 3:30 am

Sounds fun. Wish I had read this earlier as I may have been able to join in on some testing.

Back to top Go down

Post by GuNzAbLaZiN69 2/3/2013, 12:44 pm

Would there be any non DLC cars in this series?
GuNzAbLaZiN69
GuNzAbLaZiN69
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2/3/2013, 12:52 pm

Yes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2/3/2013, 3:26 pm

yes

Back to top Go down

Post by GuNzAbLaZiN69 2/3/2013, 3:31 pm

I saw the first yes. No need to complicate things...
GuNzAbLaZiN69
GuNzAbLaZiN69
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2/3/2013, 3:35 pm

it doubled....hmmm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down