Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #
Realistic Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Race 1- MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA (WITH RESULTS)

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Race 1- MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA (WITH RESULTS) Empty Race 1- MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA (WITH RESULTS)

Post by Guest 3/15/2013, 12:11 am

2012 FORMULA 1 QANTAS AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX

Pole: Lewis Hamilton - 1:24.922
Race Winner - Jensen Button - 1:34:09 (total race time)

Race 1- MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA (WITH RESULTS) Albert11

Race 1- MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA (WITH RESULTS) 739534-grid-girls-2012

This is a Hotlap guide from veteran Ryan Littlemore. He does them for every track, and I will post them before the races, or you can poke around his archive. His setups are very interesting and jibe closely with what other British league drivers were telling me (re: the irrelevance of certain settings and the importance of others). More useful is the way you can see how he uses KERS and DRS, and what gear he's in when taking any given corner. Also he talks about braking points. Very critical. We all know about Apex, yadda, yadda, but these kerbs come at you blindingly fast. So enjoy:

Here is a link from Codemasters that links to a forum where people have posted their setups. Be sure to match your situation (pad v. wheel, no assists, online or quick race but not time trial) to the setup being offered: http://community.codemasters.com/t5/F1-2012-Car-Setups-and-Strategy/Setups-for-All-Tracks-Dry-amp-Wet/m-p/67262#U67262

I will also offer every week my personal setup and a couple of paragraphs about what strategy to use to drive the track. Hope they help. And I hope others will feel free to contribute, since I've only scratched the surface for sure:

Setup:

Car:
TeamLotus

(online and career)

Circuit:
Melbourne,
Australia

Race
Type

League/Career

Weather

Dry/Sunny

Aerodynamics

Front
Wing Angle: 1 (q); 3 (r)

Rear
Wing Angle: 1

Braking

Balance:
F: 48% - R: 52%

Pressure:
High

Brake
Size: Standard

Balance

Front
Anti-Roll Bar: 4

Rear
Anti-Roll Bar: 11

Suspension

Front
Ride Height: 1

Rear
Ride Height: 1

Front
Spring Stiffness: 11

Rear
Spring Stiffness: 11

Gearbox

Gear
1: 124 Kph

Gear
2: 151 Kph (one clicl left race)

Gear
3: 179 Kph

Gear
4: 207 Kph

Gear
5: 237 Kph

Gear
6: 272 Kph

Gear
7: 310 Kph (one clicl left race)

Alignment

Camber
Front: -3.50

Camber
Rear: -1.50

Toe
Front: full right

Toe
Rear: full right

** no
assists, cockpit view **

A lap in a Formula One car

Turn 1 is an incredibly challenging, medium speed corner that catches
several drivers out. It comes at the end of the first DRS
zone but despite this it is not a prime overtaking spot. You brake
just after the 100 metre board and shift down into third gear, then
you accelerate as soon as you hit the exit kerb, keeping flat out
round turn 2. It is important to gain a good exit, as the second DRS
zone begins down the following straight. Turn 3 is the best
overtaking place as you brake roughly 100 metres before the apex for
the second gear corner. It is reasonably easy to outbrake a
competitor and you can use either the inside or outside; turn 4 is a
left-hander than comes immediately after so the outside of turn 3
gives the inside for four. Turn five is a flat-out right hander with
high g-force, and turns six, seven and eight make up a difficult
complex at the back of the circuit. Six has a very challenging
braking-zone due to trees' shadows. It is even more difficult in the
wet as you are unable to see and puddles that will be sitting on the
circuit, making it easy to spin off. Turn seven is similar to turn
two; a flat-out left-hander after a tricky right, then turn eight is
a long, flat-out right-hander which drivers now take with DRS. Turns
9 and 10 make up a slow chicane, some would say a pointless chicane,
that leads onto a short straight. You brake about eighty metres from
turn nine and you need good traction to carry as much speed as you
can out of ten. Turns 11 and 12 make up a challenging, high-speed,
left-right chicane where drivers ride the kerbs, however too much
kerb can upset the car's balance. Turn 13 can be used for overtaking
but offline it can be quite dirty and slippery. Slipstreaming a car
out of 12 can get them alongside another car, then braking late can
get you down the inside of the third-gear right-hander. Turn 14 is
taken in fifth-gear and requires a lift off the throttle.
Turn 15 it is important to get a good exit from the near-flat-out
turn 16 so you gain speed down straight.

Last edited by OctoberDusk06 on 3/20/2013, 3:06 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Race 1- MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA (WITH RESULTS) Empty Re: Race 1- MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA (WITH RESULTS)

Post by Owen0501 3/15/2013, 5:42 am

Ok, so below is the setup I was running last night in time trail (DRY). I know last night was the first time I've raced since maybe October, but I didn't think I would be as bad as I was! I did an hour stint and only managed 2 clean laps in a row! I'm just not getting the braking right I may have to adjust the pressure. Sadly in Time Trial I'm pretty slow - quickest clean lap was 1.33.4 (pretty pathetic).

I'm using a Fanatec CSR and Elite Pedals (adjustable brake pressure), and the brake pressure was setup for Forza, so maybe that's where my problem lies.

I'm out all day and night on Saturday, but around tonight after my Madden League matchup with Gunz if anyone wants some practise,

Hear's my car setup (I got it from f1carsetup.com and it was the most stable one I found - guys on the site are recording mid 1.2's so I obviously have some way to go):

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 11
Rear Wing Angle: 5

Braking
Balance: F: 47% - R: 53%
Pressure: High
Brake Size: Standard

Balance
Front Anti-Roll Bar: 3
Rear Anti-Roll Bar: 10

Suspension
Front Ride Height: 1
Rear Ride Height: 1
Front Spring Stiffness: 3
Read Spring Stiffness: 11

Gearbox
Gear 1: 125 kph
Gear 2: 156 kph
Gear 3: 185 kph
Gear 4: 216 kph
Gear 5: 247 kph
Gear 6: 285 kph
Gear 7: 325 kph

(I've used the Kph conversion for you muricans)

Alignment
Camber Front: -3.00
Camber Rear: -1.40
Toe Front: 0.12
Toe Rear: 0.35

Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Race 1- MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA (WITH RESULTS) Empty Re: Race 1- MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA (WITH RESULTS)

Post by luongo27 3/15/2013, 7:41 am

will be breaking out my steering wheel for these races Smile
luongo27
luongo27
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 3/15/2013, 9:50 am

Nice of Luongo - I hope your game arrives this weekend! And I promise not to take you out as a team mate like Chelsea used to in the old PTCC days -you're officially the no 1 driver Smile
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/15/2013, 4:07 pm

You know, Owen, I used to think that these cars should be set up as if in real life, sort of like Forza, but lots of practice in Australia and a couple of Aces from the other league (who also happen to be programmers) convinced me that the Littlemore (see vid) setup philosophy was probably faster. All I can tell you to do is to try it both ways (especially adjusting the camber, toe, and downforce). Apparently the DRS so overpowers these cars that, at least for qualy, downforce is an either or proposition. Same with springs.

Don't feel bad about Melbourne. It's a very hard nut to crack. Sector three reportedly has an AI glitch and is very very difficult to get right. I still have not. I can keep up with legend in the first two sectors but get beaten by professional in sector three.

I Run a CSR too. I'll post my wheel settings later. They helped me significantly more than setup, TBH.
Pedals? Well I have the fanatec system too, but they are not the elite like you have, so they respond more like the pad would. However, fanatec has a webtire forum that can be very helpful. And the codemasters forum can help too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 3/15/2013, 6:33 pm

My wheel settings are

Sen 280
FF 70
Sho 70
Dri off
ABS 60
Lin 0
Dead 0
Sprv0
DPR off
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/15/2013, 7:05 pm

My wheel setting are basically the same, except I have the Sen set to "off" and this was pretty key. I've experimented with other Sen setting before, like 540, 280, etc. but found "off" to be the best for me. I think your firmware version matters too. Mine is 706 post patch.

In game, I have everything set to 0 except for linearity at 7% to take a little bit of the jumpiness out of the straight line sections.

BTW, Chelsea says he knows someone who works at Fanatec and could help out a great deal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 3/15/2013, 8:36 pm

Thanks, In game I have everything at 0 and it is a bit jittery in a straight line so might give that a go. I'm on FW 706 as well.

Chelsea can go suck an egg!!! (Football rivalry - he know's I love him really)

Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/15/2013, 8:43 pm

Oh that's right. Liverpool vs. Chelsea is like Dallas vs. Pittsburgh over here. Can't say I blame you. Or him. lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by KikRox268 3/16/2013, 10:39 am

I gotta break my wheel out and re-calibrate it too. This is gonna be a blast.

KikRox268
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/16/2013, 11:36 am

Just a reminder, the original plan was to use "no assists" except for braking like, but in trying to run a series that's as "pure" as possible, I've excluded braking line assist in the revised rules, since it's not only an assist, but an artificial one.

Of course you can always use it in any practice session. Off, it really help you memorize the track and the braking points.

If anyone strongly disagrees amd MUST have to be significantly faster, then let me know and maybe we can work out a compromise

Sorry for any confusion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 3/16/2013, 11:58 am

Hey October, no worries re braking line. I use it because I have difficulty seeing the meter boards, but if I practise enough I should be ok. Not that I'm going to get any more practise before the race - all day drinking session today and recovering tomorrow!!!
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/16/2013, 6:40 pm

Yea, I know what you mean Owen, they are not only small sometimes, but some come up at you like you're in a fucking time warp. If you or anyone really will be hampered w/o the braking line, we can run it for the first season.

I thought about forcing cockpit view because I think it's as close to real life as you can get in the F1 game, but even cockpit view is not authentic in that its too restricting peripherally. Not as restricting as Forza, but guys really don't like to change their view.

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 3/16/2013, 9:54 pm

Cockpit view is fine for me as that's what I run in F1. Use bonnet in Forza
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR M Angelo 3/16/2013, 10:07 pm

Thats why the scoucers are no where this year man, they took aleaf outta your book. Too much beer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HCR M Angelo
HCR M Angelo
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 3/17/2013, 12:39 am

Hey chels you know why there are so many liverpool houses with bricks missing? Cos all the scouse kids have nicked em to prop the cars up.
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 3/17/2013, 11:54 am

Manc / Chelsea scum - stay off this thread Evil or Very Mad Just you wait until next season when Liverpool win the treble!!! Smile

I feel ill! I'm never drinking again! don't know how I'm gonna get through the race tonight! beer, wine and bacardi are not a good mix. I only have myself to blame I guess!
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by luongo27 3/17/2013, 2:28 pm

What time is the race later?
luongo27
luongo27
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 3/17/2013, 2:39 pm

5.30 EST which makes it 10.30 GMT I think OctoberDusk got the time difference wrong on the schedule.
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by luongo27 3/17/2013, 2:42 pm

I think were still only four hours ahead so it would be 9:30 GMT.
luongo27
luongo27
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 3/17/2013, 3:22 pm

Oh my god I must still be pissed lol! Glad you checked!
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/17/2013, 7:49 pm

Last weekend, most of the U.S. changed to "daylight savings time" (f-ed up if you ask me) but that put us 4 hrs. behind instead of 5 until we change back over again sometime late fall.

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 3/17/2013, 7:52 pm

Well I can honestly say that was painful - a hangover from hell and F1 don't mix! Thanks again for organising it OctoberDuck! I look forward to Malaysia. Sniper i checked andit's on Easter Sunday
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 3/17/2013, 7:58 pm

OctoberDusk06 wrote:Last weekend, most of the U.S. changed to "daylight savings time" (f-ed up if you ask me) but that put us 4 hrs. behind instead of 5 until we change back over again sometime late fall.

I thought it was next weekend - that's when our clock changes
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR M Angelo 3/17/2013, 8:18 pm

It is next weekend
HCR M Angelo
HCR M Angelo
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next