Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #
Realistic Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Race 2- KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA (WITH RESULTS)

+2
Bronn Edward
Owen0501
6 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Race 2- KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA (WITH RESULTS) - Page 2 Empty Re: Race 2- KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA (WITH RESULTS)

Post by Owen0501 3/31/2013, 3:33 pm

I'll be on at that time and possibly earlier
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Race 2- KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA (WITH RESULTS) - Page 2 Empty Re: Race 2- KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA (WITH RESULTS)

Post by Guest 3/31/2013, 8:58 pm

Got on about 5:30pm Eastern (10:30pm GMT) today, but didn't see anyone else. Ran a few laps at Malaysia. Still struggle to break 1:40-39. I'll try to get on again later tonight, but may have to do some practice for the Ford Series.

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 4/1/2013, 2:36 am

Sorry about last night, I fell asleep on the sofa and the wife didn't wake me up! Will be on again tonight
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/2/2013, 9:09 pm

Well, I did a little more practicing on turn 14. This time, took my teammate's advice and tooled around the track real slow, then ran some laps fully loaded, with primes, in practice session just trying to improve my line each time. Finally got to a 41.9, which pit me #1 in P1 against the pro A.I. I'd say that was about mid pack with Legend A.I. But still, feel better about the track. If I can crack 38 in qualy I'll be happy. Race pace at 39-40 would be nice but probably unrealistic. That turn 14 is still a bitch though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 4/3/2013, 8:50 am

I don't think I'm going to get much of an opportunity to get any more sober practise sessions in before the race on Sunday, so my lap times are unlikely to improve - and turn 14 certainly won't!

Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/3/2013, 7:16 pm

If you race pissed, you should practice that way no? Smile Hell, practice is practice. Owen, if you and Chelsea are running in the 40's consistently, you should be right in the hunt.
Wild cards = rox, sniper, new guy, luongo. I think Bronn loves this track. Masochist!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/3/2013, 10:04 pm

BTW, I plan to record the entire qualifying and race in HD, which I will post to YouTube and here. I'm getting a new camera which will hopefully arrive before Sunday. That's the good news. Bad news is that you only get to see things from my driver's cockpit (note to Codemasters -- you really need to add a similar record feature to Forza4). So, along with the spinoffs in turn 14, you will get plenty of boring ass solo action.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/3/2013, 10:07 pm

Also, I was thinking of running an official "unofficial practice session" at 6pm eastern (11pm GMT, 3pm Pacific) on Saturday, just so we could meet and greet and run a few laps on-line. Any thoughts?

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 4/4/2013, 3:53 am

OctoberDusk06 wrote:If you race pissed, you should practice that way no? Smile Hell, practice is practice. Owen, if you and Chelsea are running in the 40's consistently, you should be right in the hunt.
Wild cards = rox, sniper, new guy, luongo. I think Bronn loves this track. Masochist!

Let me be clear - I'm in the 40's hotlapping on Time Trial! I see guy's posting silly times (low to mid 30's) in time trial! Race pace is slower (1:42's) when I do quick race, and I am prone to making silly mistakes and getting penalties and my concentration aint great! So I doubt that I will be in the hunt!

I'll be on Saturday night drunken
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/4/2013, 1:30 pm

Sweet! Hopefully we can get Bronn to give up a slow drive through of the track. If he can't, I will (although he knows the lines and braking points better, but I do have a written guide). Shakedown is always a good chance to see where we are on-line, relative to each other. Plus we have new members to welcome!

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR M Angelo 4/4/2013, 8:08 pm

I'll be there for that shakedown and the race.
HCR M Angelo
HCR M Angelo
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/4/2013, 8:27 pm

Excellent Chels. See you there.

Got my Mino Video Recorder fixed, so at least the race can be recorded. If anyone else has recording capabilities, feel free to video the T.V. or get one of those fancy xbox video capture setups. Not really needed so much for "incidents" because those are generally handled by the game, but for fun.

Back to top Go down

Post by KikRox268 4/4/2013, 10:37 pm

To be honest I don't remember what I'm running at this track, but Sniper will tell you, when we did our co-op championship on F1 2011 I actually led for most of the race...in the rain as well. This is one of my better tracks.

KikRox268
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/4/2013, 11:07 pm

Damn Kik. That's fast. It's gotta be.

Bronn once described tracks as "Roller Coaster" and I'd add "Point-And-Squirt" and a combination of the two to that characterization. I'm generally only decent at the roller coaster ones. Brazil, Road Atlanta, Hungary, etc. Malaysia strikes me as a combination...and it's so damn long.

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 4/5/2013, 5:16 am

I think KikRox has an advantage - experience at driving that track in the rain!

I'm still predicting this race is going to be rain!
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 4/5/2013, 8:10 pm

OctoberDusk06 wrote:If you race pissed, you should practice that way no? Smile !

I'm beginning to think you're right, but normally I practise pissed and race sober... I think I've got the wrong mix! practise pissed and race pissed is the way forward LOL! I'm certainly putting in better and more consistent lap times pissed!!
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/5/2013, 8:13 pm

Game in hand! Still not home yet! Woo freaking hoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 4/5/2013, 8:18 pm

Could have run a few Laps with luongo and me tonight, but I'm done now - pillows are calling for dreams about turn 14!
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/6/2013, 12:42 am

Harry I'll be on late (Forza ALMS, but I can switch to F1) if you want to run some on-line sessions. Otherwise, go to Quick Race and run the McLaren for a short weekend, practice with primes, qualy with options, race just to see how the first lap fleshes out....as it can get messy. Otherwise, just give a shout. Tips are in videos in this section, and I use the setup that Littlemore offers in his vid. Good luck.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/7/2013, 2:51 am

AP (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia) -- The final practice session for the Formula One Malaysian GP saw many teams take to the track, including Red Bull, Lotus, Sauber, Caterham, and Mercedes. Drivers were generally encouraged by the dry conditions, although a brief five minute interlude of rain heard both the Mercedes and Sauber drivers exclaim "Bloody Hell, what the f*ck is this!"

When dry, Sniper of Caterham, shocking the F1 world in what is normally a back-marker team, was fastest, with Mercedes' Luongo nipping at his heels. The rest of the field turned in times somewhere as expected, some not finishing due to damage, especially in the wet conditions. Chelsea, driving for team Sauber, in a scary moment on the front-stretch, was lying perpendicular to the race line (due to the wet conditions) when Lotus' OctoberDusk came scorching around the final turn only to almost cut the Sauber in half. Air Ambulance was called, but after Chelsea's heart was safely restarted in the garage, we was heard demanding "a Guinness and a fried egg sandwich."

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 4/7/2013, 3:53 am

Fried egg sandwich is what I need right now! Can't pretend i was pissedd - Damn I was wasted last night!

Was good spectating the first practise race though!
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/7/2013, 9:46 am

I finally went on Time Trial just to see how we stacked up. Took me quite a while to beat your top time, but only by a front wing. And Chelsea was not far off. Should be interesting mid-pack.You are a bit faster in sector two, which cancels out by being slightly faster in sector one. I barely get better speed in sector three, with the "demon" turn 14.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/7/2013, 10:25 am

I also have a lotus rebellion paint scheme that I can alter for you in ALMS. I see you are Lotus here. Which one do you want?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sniper919 4/7/2013, 2:48 pm

What time b is the race today?
Sniper919
Sniper919
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 4/7/2013, 2:50 pm

1:30pm Pacific USA
4:30pm Eastern USA
9:30pm GMT
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next