Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #

First Thoughts on XBOX ONE...

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

First Thoughts on XBOX ONE...

Post by TyrannicCymbals on 5/21/2013, 3:07 pm

Have at it...
avatar
TyrannicCymbals
Driver
Driver

Location : Wisconsin
Posts : 191

Back to top Go down

Re: First Thoughts on XBOX ONE...

Post by xCarnage12 on 5/21/2013, 3:27 pm

gayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it looks like a cable box
avatar
xCarnage12
Driver
Driver

Location : South Carolina
Posts : 319

Back to top Go down

Re: First Thoughts on XBOX ONE...

Post by s0ul harv3st on 5/21/2013, 5:02 pm

Forza 5 on Launch, No price point. We are fucked.

If history says anything the first games on a next gen are the worst.


avatar
s0ul harv3st
VIP
VIP

Location : Saugerties NY
Posts : 1403

Back to top Go down

Re: First Thoughts on XBOX ONE...

Post by xCarnage12 on 5/21/2013, 5:12 pm

i dont think its going to be that bad the trailer was nice though
avatar
xCarnage12
Driver
Driver

Location : South Carolina
Posts : 319

Back to top Go down

Re: First Thoughts on XBOX ONE...

Post by THF dvsSublime on 5/21/2013, 5:23 pm

Forza5 looked and sounded really nice....but so did my ex. Haha
avatar
THF dvsSublime
Driver
Driver

Location : San Diego California
Posts : 306

Back to top Go down

Re: First Thoughts on XBOX ONE...

Post by LethalHoudini on 5/21/2013, 5:25 pm

My view is typical poor marketing by MS. Think of it like this

1. list the questions you would have liked answered did they answer any of them?
2. How much wiser are you about the system now than yesterday

I have to say I am not much better off after seeing the reveal which tells me as an ex marketing manager they totally missed a sales arena. They had millions of people at there Xbox's itching so they had a captive audience and the decided to tell them virtually nothing and after the whole red ring deal last time in my view huge error. They have either made a huge error and I fear wel be hit with a massive price tag.






avatar
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Location : Somerset,
Posts : 3423

Back to top Go down

Re: First Thoughts on XBOX ONE...

Post by LethalHoudini on 5/21/2013, 5:28 pm

voice activation scares the hell out of me il probably order a pizza and end up turning my Xbox on at the same time lol






avatar
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Location : Somerset,
Posts : 3423

Back to top Go down

Re: First Thoughts on XBOX ONE...

Post by TyrannicCymbals on 5/21/2013, 5:29 pm

That would not be cool at all... Evil or Very Mad


haha Laughing
avatar
TyrannicCymbals
Driver
Driver

Location : Wisconsin
Posts : 191

Back to top Go down

Re: First Thoughts on XBOX ONE...

Post by HCR MeRiCA on 5/21/2013, 5:31 pm

i was told that fortza 5 looked like horizin crap
avatar
HCR MeRiCA
Driver
Driver

Posts : 420

Back to top Go down

Re: First Thoughts on XBOX ONE...

Post by LethalHoudini on 5/21/2013, 5:32 pm

When I see promotionals like that I all strip it down to what actual facts they have told me n mmmmmm im struggling lol






avatar
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Location : Somerset,
Posts : 3423

Back to top Go down

Re: First Thoughts on XBOX ONE...

Post by LethalHoudini on 5/21/2013, 5:36 pm

Well that Forza 5 footage could have been anything was it game footage, replay footage have they buffed it up in an editing program etc I have no clue what they were trying to show to be honest there in lies my point. I get the feeling all I got from that was Forza 5 was coming at launch and that was pretty much it. You know it's like saying mike tyson's gonna fight next month so you buy the ticket only to find out hes fighting a 90 year old blind grandmother LMAO. Funny but you get the point.






avatar
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Location : Somerset,
Posts : 3423

Back to top Go down

Re: First Thoughts on XBOX ONE...

Post by LethalHoudini on 5/21/2013, 5:37 pm

In my view there was just no meat to any of it just chewing fat. That's where they really failed because if they do another reveal I won't even watch it.


Last edited by RR DelZaster on 5/21/2013, 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total






avatar
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Location : Somerset,
Posts : 3423

Back to top Go down

Re: First Thoughts on XBOX ONE...

Post by Guest on 5/21/2013, 5:37 pm

Actually, the comments here and elsewhere generally remind me about what people are predicting about GRID2 by watching the trailers. They looked pretty similar (i.e. city streets, drifting). But my thoughts are the same...we will not really know until we get much closer to release. Like you said Del, I know virtually nothing about it after that new teaser. I just hope that commentary isn't in there for real races. Holy crap....

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: First Thoughts on XBOX ONE...

Post by LethalHoudini on 5/21/2013, 5:39 pm

I hear that and it didn't excite me to want to know more epic fail from any marketing






avatar
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Location : Somerset,
Posts : 3423

Back to top Go down

Amzing

Post by EDC Primo on 5/21/2013, 8:11 pm

i loveit I cant wait. think about the cloud aspesct of it is amazing. so down the road if you have a strong connation your xbox will update it self with out the 30 min wait or so because of the cloud. think about the cloud it is a core that is 1000s of hard drive plus that all the software is on and update and ect. in one place. so if I were to down load a update all of you would have it. there will be no lag in online game play. there is lag now because there are two machine try to connect to each other and those meachine are at different speeds and different relays. on the cloud its one machine there is no time for the connection to talk to it self because its all there. think of it like streaming. now think abaut the developer stand point. im a deveplor we have to find the benchmarks of the xbox of a pc and make sure we fit. now the Microsoft is pushing cloud and soon will only be cloud there is no limitation to what I have to make there is not problem to make sure your cpu card will hold compared to the other. so now develpors can take more time and have the best of the best and not worry about if it will work on all meachine. so games will be more polished and better. the render aspesct is great. there is a lot of positive about this console don't just base your opinion on the looks (stroker) hahah do resherch I can explain this better on a mic. that fact the ONE all of your entertament is in on console is amazing. now you don't have to pay 100s of dollors to a time warner ect. now you can just pay for the internet. because soon XBOX WILL BE ITS OWN NETWORK to think about that is crazy. also that there try to make games be more then games. have people see them as a story like a movie or a book. ect. and that stephn spilburg is mak e a halo series is awesome. there is great tech in the console just stop thinking about what you see and see were Microsoft is trying to push there name.
avatar
EDC Primo
Chief Engineer
Chief Engineer

Location : Wisconsin
Posts : 60

Back to top Go down

Re: First Thoughts on XBOX ONE...

Post by EDC Primo on 5/21/2013, 8:13 pm

RR Russ Wheeler wrote:i was told that fortza 5 looked like horizin crap
not at all forza5 will be there motorsport they already confirmed that is was track racing
srry.

NOT A ARCADE...........
avatar
EDC Primo
Chief Engineer
Chief Engineer

Location : Wisconsin
Posts : 60

Back to top Go down

Re: First Thoughts on XBOX ONE...

Post by HCR MeRiCA on 5/21/2013, 8:23 pm

Rolling Eyes
avatar
HCR MeRiCA
Driver
Driver

Posts : 420

Back to top Go down

Re: First Thoughts on XBOX ONE...

Post by Bondzai on 5/21/2013, 10:19 pm

@EDC Primo wrote:i loveit I cant wait. think about the cloud aspesct of it is amazing. so down the road if you have a strong connation your xbox will update it self with out the 30 min wait or so because of the cloud. think about the cloud it is a core that is 1000s of hard drive plus that all the software is on and update and ect. in one place. so if I were to down load a update all of you would have it. there will be no lag in online game play. there is lag now because there are two machine try to connect to each other and those meachine are at different speeds and different relays. on the cloud its one machine there is no time for the connection to talk to it self because its all there. think of it like streaming. now think abaut the developer stand point. im a deveplor we have to find the benchmarks of the xbox of a pc and make sure we fit. now the Microsoft is pushing cloud and soon will only be cloud there is no limitation to what I have to make there is not problem to make sure your cpu card will hold compared to the other. so now develpors can take more time and have the best of the best and not worry about if it will work on all meachine. so games will be more polished and better. the render aspesct is great. there is a lot of positive about this console don't just base your opinion on the looks (stroker) hahah do resherch I can explain this better on a mic. that fact the ONE all of your entertament is in on console is amazing. now you don't have to pay 100s of dollors to a time warner ect. now you can just pay for the internet. because soon XBOX WILL BE ITS OWN NETWORK to think about that is crazy. also that there try to make games be more then games. have people see them as a story like a movie or a book. ect. and that stephn spilburg is mak e a halo series is awesome. there is great tech in the console just stop thinking about what you see and see were Microsoft is trying to push there name.

Holy shit man. You gotta throw some capital letters in there and maybe break that up into a couple paragraphs.

Bondzai
Driver
Driver

Location : Sebring, FL
Posts : 497

Back to top Go down

Re: First Thoughts on XBOX ONE...

Post by EDC Primo on 5/21/2013, 11:05 pm

@Bondzai wrote:
@EDC Primo wrote:i loveit I cant wait. think about the cloud aspesct of it is amazing. so down the road if you have a strong connation your xbox will update it self with out the 30 min wait or so because of the cloud. think about the cloud it is a core that is 1000s of hard drive plus that all the software is on and update and ect. in one place. so if I were to down load a update all of you would have it. there will be no lag in online game play. there is lag now because there are two machine try to connect to each other and those meachine are at different speeds and different relays. on the cloud its one machine there is no time for the connection to talk to it self because its all there. think of it like streaming. now think abaut the developer stand point. im a deveplor we have to find the benchmarks of the xbox of a pc and make sure we fit. now the Microsoft is pushing cloud and soon will only be cloud there is no limitation to what I have to make there is not problem to make sure your cpu card will hold compared to the other. so now develpors can take more time and have the best of the best and not worry about if it will work on all meachine. so games will be more polished and better. the render aspesct is great. there is a lot of positive about this console don't just base your opinion on the looks (stroker) hahah do resherch I can explain this better on a mic. that fact the ONE all of your entertament is in on console is amazing. now you don't have to pay 100s of dollors to a time warner ect. now you can just pay for the internet. because soon XBOX WILL BE ITS OWN NETWORK to think about that is crazy. also that there try to make games be more then games. have people see them as a story like a movie or a book. ect. and that stephn spilburg is mak e a halo series is awesome. there is great tech in the console just stop thinking about what you see and see were Microsoft is trying to push there name.

Holy shit man. You gotta throw some capital letters in there and maybe break that up into a couple paragraphs.

sorry i was in a rush, hahaa and english was not my best class hahaha. i can talk about it better haha sorry
avatar
EDC Primo
Chief Engineer
Chief Engineer

Location : Wisconsin
Posts : 60

Back to top Go down

Re: First Thoughts on XBOX ONE...

Post by TyrannicCymbals on 5/21/2013, 11:45 pm

Primo, I think you and I are thinking pretty alike here. That is almost exactly spot on, with a bit extra, to what I thought when I watched the "press release".

PS The looks don't really bother me...
avatar
TyrannicCymbals
Driver
Driver

Location : Wisconsin
Posts : 191

Back to top Go down

Re: First Thoughts on XBOX ONE...

Post by Guest on 5/22/2013, 1:06 am

No doubt it will be faster, better looking, more accessible, and have more content, but if the developers use their new "freedom" to go in the wrong direction (e.g. drift, NOT adopting things like in race penalties, or more of a gamer/pad approach) then all the technology in the world isn't going to matter. That's why I have to reserve judgment. I had heard they were going to be adding Codemasters into the equation with Forza5, but the teaser does not seem to confirm this. That's not a good sign. They both can learn from each other.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: First Thoughts on XBOX ONE...

Post by Owen0501 on 5/22/2013, 4:51 am

My initial reaction is ok, I'm interested but we don't all live in the States, so what's in it for us Europeans who don't get ESPN etc. So are they going to offer the same integration with Sky Sports (fantasy leagues etc.)?

Screen snapping - looks good, especially Skype, and would mean that Stroker won't have to answer the phone whilst racing LOL.

SmartGlass as a concept is great, but not many games support it - would be good to have more support. For example, when racing in F1 would be great if I had a map tracking everyones position and timings. We get a map on screen in game but they're just dots without a name. Appreciate that this is down to the game developers not MS, but they should be pushing developers 'to get with the programme'.

I appreciate that they can't give all the answers now and it was just a teaser, but what I want to know is:

Kinect - the demo they gave on gestering was all good, but so was the demo of the original Kinect. Is this one actually going to work in smaller areas or do you still need to be so far back that you can't see the TV? Will it be able to properly track my 3 year old son - I mean, come on, they sell Kinect games for ages 3+ but it just doesn't track his movement!

Will I be able to play my Xbox Live Arcade games - will they transfer over?

Most importanly, will my wireless Fanatec wheel (or other peripheral devices) work with it, and will it support extended buttons? I have 4 buttons on my wheel that are redundant on Xbox - they can be used on PC and PS3!
avatar
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Location : Cheshire
Posts : 784

Back to top Go down

Re: First Thoughts on XBOX ONE...

Post by Owen0501 on 5/22/2013, 6:39 am

Also, there needs to be clarification on the pre-owned games situation.

Xbox One games have to be installed to the harddrive (this is mandatory), you then don't need to use the disk when you want to play. If you then sell the game on and somebody else installs it on their box it will automatically uninstall from yours. This will happen even if you lend your disk to somebody.

OK so far, but now the catch! If you bought the pre-owned game you will also have to pay a fee to Microsoft to activate it when you install the game, and reports suggest that that they will treat the game as new, therefore the fee may be the price of the original game!

Now we know why EA announced that they're removing online passes as they and Microsoft will be getting there cake and eating it with Xbox One!!

Poor form, and not surprising it wasn't announced during the marketing release yesterday!
avatar
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Location : Cheshire
Posts : 784

Back to top Go down

Re: First Thoughts on XBOX ONE...

Post by LethalHoudini on 5/22/2013, 7:13 am

It's a real shame your a Liverpool supporter you must be the only smart 1 iv'e met LMAO. Sorry Stevie lol






avatar
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Location : Somerset,
Posts : 3423

Back to top Go down

Re: First Thoughts on XBOX ONE...

Post by Guest on 5/22/2013, 7:20 am

It will not really matter if the price tag is 799.99 US. BTW - That was the LATEST info from GameStop reps. They originally heard that MS would put it at 399 Max, but hell - lets make some money off it huh. I, for one, will not be hopping on the 800.00 bandwagon!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: First Thoughts on XBOX ONE...

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum