Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #
Realistic Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Race 7 - MONTREAL, CANADA (WITH RESULTS)

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Race 7 - MONTREAL, CANADA (WITH RESULTS) Empty Race 7 - MONTREAL, CANADA (WITH RESULTS)

Post by Guest 5/28/2013, 2:48 am

Race Time - June 9, 2013: 9:30pm British, 4:30pm U.S. Eastern
Race 7 - MONTREAL, CANADA (WITH RESULTS) 07_Canada_E_72DPIRace 7 - MONTREAL, CANADA (WITH RESULTS) 5744297401_e1c8463f04_z

Race 7 - MONTREAL, CANADA (WITH RESULTS) PAPHOTO4_419809Race 7 - MONTREAL, CANADA (WITH RESULTS) 235618

A Lap In A Formula One Car
There is a slight right kink before turn 1 and you have to brake roughly 50 meters from the apex, downshifting from seventh to third gear. Turn 2 (Virage Senna) follows immediately after - one more downshift is required for the slow right-hander and a late apex can be useful for a good exit. Turns 3 and 4 are quite tricky - a good line is key - riding the kerbs and going within inches of the wall is important for a fast time. The chicane itself is a right-left taken in third gear. Turn 5 is a flat-out right-hander which leads to turns 6 and 7. Again, a good line is vital and the kerbs need to be ridden well here. It is a left-right chicane taken in second gear and leads onto the back-straight. Turns 8 and 9 make up yet another chicane, and are very similar to turns 3 and 4 - a right-left taken in second gear where cars run as close to the barrier as possible to maximize exit speed. Turn 10 (L'Epingle) is a tight, first gear right-hand hairpin and taking a "V" line can be good to maximize speed down the following straight. Turns 13 and 14 are perhaps the most famous corners at the circuit - yet another chicane that requires plenty of kerb use and a line that takes you close to the wall, the corners are well known for catching out many drivers on the exit wall named the 'Wall of Champions'. To avoid this, you have to make sure you don't clout the kerbs too hard and if you feel like you are going to understeer into one, exit to the escape road. The turns themselves, a right-left chicane, are taken in third gear after a heavy braking zone.

Olliekart's Track Guide with Setup:

Yorkie's Track Guide

Last edited by OctoberDusk06 on 6/9/2013, 8:03 pm; edited 6 times in total

Back to top Go down

Race 7 - MONTREAL, CANADA (WITH RESULTS) Empty Re: Race 7 - MONTREAL, CANADA (WITH RESULTS)

Post by Guest 5/28/2013, 6:59 am

That is one UGGGLY Canadian biatch! I say you find a better one! Not one with a nose like the wicked witch of the west!

Back to top Go down

Race 7 - MONTREAL, CANADA (WITH RESULTS) Empty Re: Race 7 - MONTREAL, CANADA (WITH RESULTS)

Post by Owen0501 5/28/2013, 7:54 am

RR Harry Hogge wrote:That is one UGGGLY Canadian biatch! I say you find a better one! Not one with a nose like the wicked witch of the west!

Nose? What nose? Where are you looking man???
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/28/2013, 7:56 am

The blonde up top. Her nose is bigger than Paris Hilton -PRE nosejob

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 5/28/2013, 8:03 am

Still don't know what you're taling about - I trying scolling up and my screen gets stuck before I get to a nose Laughing
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/28/2013, 8:04 am

Well when I scroll DOWN, I have to quickly get past that to the real goods! LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 5/28/2013, 8:15 am

On topic before Del gives us a caution!!!

Grand Prix Du Canada

I'm really looking forward to this one. One of my favourite circuits to watch - especially seeing who's gonna hit the wall of champions.
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/28/2013, 8:20 am

The caution would have come with those pics last week! This one is tame compared to those Monaco biatches!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/28/2013, 8:55 am

I find her nose kind of different and sexy in a way, sort of Roman-esque. But that's definitely not what attracted me to the pic.

I have not run a lap on this track, but look forward to several intimate encounters with the infamous "Wall of Champions."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/28/2013, 9:09 am

There, Happy now Harry? That one should appeal to any guy.

Monaco boundaries were pushed because that's really what Monaco looks like when you go. It's special, in more ways than one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 5/28/2013, 9:27 am

She's cute, but the original was real sexy in my opinion so boooooo!!!

I ran this circuit a couple of times F1 2010 but never mastered it.
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/28/2013, 9:54 am

You can still see her Owen, she is the bottom one. Lol. Just save her to your CPU desktop. What happens at work, stays at work! Ahahaha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/28/2013, 10:07 am

ok, a few more, just to cover the bases. Remember to look at the track map too! lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 5/28/2013, 10:29 am

Have you been posting track guides in the race threads as well?? LOL
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/28/2013, 1:05 pm

Not looking forward to the wall of champions. I guess you could say I'm a champion! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/28/2013, 6:39 pm

Having never raced it before, I'm sure I'll be a repeat Champion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/28/2013, 6:42 pm

LOL! Here too! hahaha. This ones looks a little better for me than the others. Lots of straights, but those damn hairpins.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/31/2013, 3:35 pm

I believe it's the track the teams run the lowest downforce of the season, save for Monza.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/3/2013, 8:34 pm

Weather looks good so far:

Race 7 - MONTREAL, CANADA (WITH RESULTS) Mont_t10

Back to top Go down

Post by Bronn Edward 6/7/2013, 5:09 pm

Nose or not, I'd park my car in that pit garage anytime! cheers

P2 weather was not very good. I wonder what race day weather is gonna look like???...

Bronn Edward
Lollipop Man
Lollipop Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 6/7/2013, 5:18 pm

According to my Sky Sport F1 App, a chance of rain in all sessions!
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/7/2013, 5:30 pm

Oh hell no!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/8/2013, 1:22 am

They said on the live P2 coverage that Sunday was supposed to be warm and sunny. Here is what I got currently:

Race 7 - MONTREAL, CANADA (WITH RESULTS) Mont_t11

Looks great to me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/8/2013, 1:27 am

I'm with you Bronn. Always wanted to go to Montreal. Little slice of French Euro right here in our own backyard, with hotties galore to boot. Not as glamorous as Monaco, I hear, or as gratuitous as Budapest, but very nice. Oh, and that circuit is classic too. Speaking of, off for late night practice....

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 6/9/2013, 8:22 am

Owen0501 wrote:According to my Sky Sport F1 App, a chance of rain in all sessions!

Has been right so far and.... scattered showers forecasted throughout the race!!
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next