Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #
Realistic Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

INDY CAR CHAT AND DISCUSSION

Go down

INDY CAR CHAT AND DISCUSSION Empty INDY CAR CHAT AND DISCUSSION

Post by Guest 5/31/2013, 8:22 pm

HOW HAVE WE FORGOTTEN ABOUT INDYCAR? Shocked

Back to top Go down

INDY CAR CHAT AND DISCUSSION Empty Re: INDY CAR CHAT AND DISCUSSION

Post by Guest 6/1/2013, 4:20 am

This is what unites us (at least you and I) Harry, as I am not prone to Star Trek conventions.

We shall never forget this series, the one that combines the best of both NASCAR and F1, IMO. F1 just happens to be in a "Golden" Age right now.

Speaking of, I've been driving IndyCars for the past few nights, and it's really growing on me. I hope nobody will be scared off of trying to "get to know" GRID2 because it's not F1 or Forza. I have already designed, in my head, what I think wold be a really neat IndyCar series, but I'm not sure how many people will get GRID2.

So, besides jms, myself, Harry, KikRox, and I think maybe Bronn at some point, who plans to get GRID2? After playing F1 for 3 months, when I frist got on Forza, I thought "what is this shit?" But I stuck with it, warts and all. Now I see it is just as much fun as F1, and both have their weaknesses and strengths.

GRID2 is neither, but I can tell you this. It will grow on you. I was not around for the first one, but my impression was that it had to grow on people too. It's always that way when you try something different.

Could it be better? Sure. Will X1 blow it away? No doubt. But I think we should start an IndyCar Series regardless, whether that be with fake IndyCars on something we all play (Forza) or real IndyCars on something we will have to get used to. I promise you that the handling is not that far off from F1, if you have ever enjoyed that game. And while you cannot pit, who really needs to, if you keep the races short and have the ability to fix damage within reason (flashback feature). Thus, once again, allowing us to police ourselves to a greater degree. Although you can upload your replays to YouTube instantly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/1/2013, 7:15 am

I went to grab a drink last night and POOF - Fell asleep on the couch! Left Del and company in the party with my blank mic! LOL!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/1/2013, 9:35 am

I have put up a Forza Road to Indy Series to see if it gets approved. Miata for the skip barber car, a radical for an IndyLite ish car, and the Audi/Acura Indycar. Short opening races, longer Indycar race. I even added that Suzuki mountain car for a preshow event.

Not approved yet, but if anyone wants to run some today in them to try out, post here and I will send you a build.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/1/2013, 9:37 am

I have also thought of looking at that FLM 09 and testing that too since its a Chevrolet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/1/2013, 11:40 am

Well, I guess that makes my choice easy. I'm going to draw up and submit an IndyCar series based on the Dallara Model offered in GRID2. Would have liked it to be a collaborative (maybe Voodoo) effort with you involved, but it seems you are not too excited about the possibilities of GRID2 succeeding and have gone ahead with your aforementioned plans regarding a Forza knock-off. Wish you the best.

I'll pm the founders and give them the heads up that we are both working on an IndyCar series. They need to know that two are coming down the pike. Although on different platforms, so I would think they would allow them to co-exist.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/1/2013, 12:06 pm

It is more like Rowdy's setup on Wednesday. Not really a full blown Indycar series. Plus, I thought you were going to wait until late June or July to get that all setup, since we talked about not many having the game right off the bat. Plus, based on what I have been told, read, etc, it might be hard to run an Indy series on that platform :

A - no assists will defer some
B - lack of track selection NOW
C - lack of a lengthy race format, pits, etc.
D - I don't think Europe has the game yet?
E - little to no tuning ability
F - painting not that great

I told you that I would work on it with you, but you also were putting it out later. We also were hoping for a better race setup. Mine is the setup and tracks we were talking about in private chat. I thought that was a collaboration too! Haha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/1/2013, 12:23 pm

It was a collaboration, until I read "I have put up a Forza Road to Indy Series to see if it gets approved." My vision was to collaborate on a proposal, which suddenly happened and was what sounded like "your baby." That's fine; not upset or anything. I'm just disappointed that we can't work together.

I think you should at least play GRID2 for a couple of weeks before dismissing it. The objections you list are all either hearsay or not viable obstacles (IMO) to a GRID2 series.

Yea, I am with you on the time frame, but now that GRID2 is out and we don't have much time before the new xbox comes, "collaboration" needs to be stepped up. And unilaterally "putting forth" a proposal that was largely the one you brought to me originally, with no further discussion, indicated to me that you were sailing that ship solo. Having played GRID2 for a while, I think it's better for this kind of series, in many way.

But it will be good for the members to have your option if mine falls through, or vice versa, or both. maybe a Pro/Am sepatate series, like we do in F1, with Forza being the "Am" division with assists. There is no guarantee that enough folks will like it if they don't actually try it on their own.

Plus, i like to involve as many people as possible in the pre-proposal, as this gets them more likely to fully engage in the series.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/1/2013, 12:50 pm

I'm pulling mine. No point on arguing details or whatnot. Luongo - pull my application for proposal. I asked what you thought and what cars you would use, tracks, etc. That was me asking for help. In the end - someone has to put it up. Open wheel - all yours. I won't bring them up again! Lol. lol! afro this smiley here needs some of that glow product.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/1/2013, 7:00 pm

Harry, I apologize if it came across that you and I were not working together. And I certainly have no monopoly on open wheel (but at this point, Codemasters does). I just thought you had gone ahead with your Forza Indy the way you envisioned it, which is fine. I was just "caught out" by the fact that you made the final proposal without us agreeing on it. But it sounds like we are close on many things, so I'd love to keep working with you on the Forza side, even if you hate GRID2 and don't want to play it or wold prefer to play Forza.

Again, sorry if it sounded as if I was taking my toys and going home. If an IndyCar series is to work, certainly it will not be up to us to ultimately approve or disapprove and the less "split" of opinion, the better overall. (Oh God, we MUST at least know that from the real IndyCar series, lol).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/1/2013, 7:13 pm

I am cool! I am OBVIOUSLY not an F1 fan, Indycar yes. The Grid2 game has issues that I am seeing while playing. You are going to have to sell hard for guys to plop down 60 dollars for it. LOL!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/1/2013, 7:14 pm

The proposal was actually set up like we had talked about this week. I am working on the radical now. Working on a Karting Series. Had that half built before I started messing with IndyCars! HAHA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/14/2013, 2:53 am

Obviously nobody is buying IndyCar on GRID2. Can't say I really blame them with the damage model and no pits. Even Forza has pits for crap sake. They don't seem to have carried over much of the real life stuff from F1. Big disappointment. Hate to admit it, but you and your buddies at GameStop called this one Harry.

Also looks like there is some misgivings about an IndyCar series, at least as proposed. Now, I cannot run anything on Monday for a while. So I'm going to withdraw the application. If someone else wants to take it during the week, that's good, but I'm a bit surprised at last someone hasn't run one of the world's most iconic series on maybe THE most iconic track in the world. Even NASCAR nearly wet their pants when Indy let them in the door. And as for F1, well, they were, to put it nicely, pathetic and weak when they refused to race there and then left. As dangerous as that place is, it must be too "risky" for modern day F1. As much as I love F1, I'd have to say the only thing that may top an F1 race is the Indy500.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/14/2013, 7:24 am

Because I am friends with the manager, I got FULL CREDIT back on the game.  It has ALREADY dropped 20.00 in Columbia......  I could not take it.  Turned it in!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down