Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #
Realistic Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

XBOne - Fanatec Wheels

Go down

XBOne - Fanatec Wheels Empty XBOne - Fanatec Wheels

Post by Owen0501 6/12/2013, 1:34 pm

This was posted by Thomas (from Fanatec) today regarding compatibility with the Xbox One and PS4:

'I am currently here at E3 and a lot of things are going on. It is exciting to see a new console generation coming up.

At the moment we still did not get a final confirmation whether our Xbox 360 wheels will work on Xbox One natively (USB) or with an adaper or upgrade kit or not at all. Therefore we cannot promise you anything other than that we are trying to find a solution and if MS allows it then we would certainly support any solution which increases the compatibility of your XBox 360 wheels.
You can be sure that we are working to make our wheels compatible with the next gen consoles or develop solutions which will provide compatibility but at this point it is too early to discuss it.
In any case our wheels will work with GT6 and after playing it, I am quite excited about the improvements of the physics.
So what is your opinion?
Xbox One or PS4?
Forza Motorsport 5 or GT6?'
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

XBOne - Fanatec Wheels Empty Re: XBOne - Fanatec Wheels

Post by Owen0501 6/12/2013, 1:46 pm

I should point out that I'm not asking the question  I just copied his blog verbatim.
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/12/2013, 7:36 pm

The IndyCars are nice, but I don't think that makes it worth shelling out $700 plus $300 for a new Fanatec. If Forza added many real IndyCar tracks (and others, like Spa, Watkins Glen, Brands Hatch, and Bristol, for example) and improved their serious flaws (whole corner cutting scheme; ability to repair body damage in the pits; added in-game penalties for unnecessary contact), then it may be worth considering it. I'm not sure about what Codemasters will do, but my guess is that they will still release their titles across all platforms.

Having never spayed GT5, I can't really compare. Do you think it was a better game? Was the Fanatec compatible with the PS?

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 6/12/2013, 7:55 pm

I've played both using the Fanatec wheel and my preference is Forza, but that is personal choice and others may differ.

Graphics and sound on Forza are crisper. Gameplay (racing) is about the same, but the main deal is that most racers I know are on Xbox / Forza rather than GT5 / PS3. The PS3 seldom gets turned on nowadays LOL

The Fanatec CSR is compatible with all consoles (except XBone!) and PCs.
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/12/2013, 8:23 pm

Hmmmm. PC's eh? If I had some real knowledge and money, I'd take a serious look at iRacing, because I think F1 is still available on PC. But I'm really going to have to wait it out because Forza may be great, the Fanatec may be compatible, and it's sort of a one size fits all concept for gamers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/12/2013, 9:02 pm

Hopefully by then I'll have the money to upgrade my wheel to xbox and PC adaptable

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 6/13/2013, 6:44 am

The good thing about Fanatec CSR is it's wireless when connected the the Xbox 360. But to be honest if I had to plug it into the XbOne it wouldn't bother me - I have to do it for the PC and PS3 anyway.

I'm confident that they'll (Fanatec) make an adapter to make it compatible - hope my confidence isn't misplaced!!!
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down