Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #
Realistic Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Important reminder for all drivers

Go down

Important reminder for all drivers Empty Important reminder for all drivers

Post by LethalHoudini 6/19/2013, 3:08 pm

Now seems an appropriate time to do a reminder for all drivers as we have a few new guys also.

On RR we have always policed track cutting this is nothing new for us.  The lines on the edge of the tarmac denote the edge of the track, you are allowed to wheels over these not 4.  The way we have always done it is if you run over with all 4 wheels a few times and do not gain time were not that worried as we all make mistakes right?  However it meens exactly that a few times and not time gaining.  So if you feel you have done it in a race etc you can lift the throttle a little for a second or 2 and we will see this in the replays. Anyone who ignores this rule as it is a rule of fairness and racing etiquette does get penalized.  We pride ourselves on racing etiquette, fairness and racing morales and we plan to keep it that way.  Also if you go to overtake another car and make unfair contact on that car we like to see drivers be fair, say sorry and give the place back etc.  Like I say all these things are not new to RR.  The lines denoting the edge of a track are standard real racing rules there are a few exceptions in real life like a few tracks on the F1 calender but in general that is the way it works.  I am sure you have all seen an F1 car cut a chicane gain ground and the team ask them to back off so they haven't gained an advantage from doing so regardless of what the reason was why they cut it.  It is also in all the Touring car series as well as many many others.  Sometimes this can be caused by car failure or tyre wear etc etc ie not the drivers fault but that doesn't matter the FIA view a cut as a cut regardless.

May I ask all drivers to refresh your memories on the RR rules incl me

Thank you
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down