Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #
Realistic Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Cars: Overview and Builds

3 posters

Go down

The Cars: Overview and Builds Empty The Cars: Overview and Builds

Post by Hellisan 7/22/2013, 11:01 pm

80's & 90's Deutsche Tourenwagen Meisterschaft (DTM) Series
presented by Realistic Racing

THE CARS: OVERVIEW AND BUILDS

This section will have an overview of the cars, with specs and such, followed by builds for the 4 main cars.  In addition to these cars there are other possibilities that will be one-offs.  For instance, Chelsea has indicated he may run a Maserati that I have built and approved for the series but he would be the only one in that car.  The Volvo 240 is just about done too.  Thing is, these cars aren't as good/fast as the 4 here (lower PI and in-game performance), and for realism purposes these four need to represent the vast majority.  We will have a max of two Alfas on the Grid, and a maximum of 3 Fords.  BMW and Mercedes are unlimited in quantity.  

For each car I will give a quick rundown of how the car performs, why certain upgrades were selected, etc.  Due to the characteristics of the cars in-game, they may not represent the real-life versions very well but I quickly learned you weren't going to make them "even" you just have to make them as close as possible and they have strengths and weaknesses depending on the track.  Very well then.

The Cars: Overview and Builds 8bvs

LIVERIES: REPLICAS ONLY PLEASE

I'd like to see as many real life replica liveries on the grid as possible.  If you need some help ask around for it, buy logos off the storefront, whatever you need to do.  Chelsea has said he's willing to help some people with paints.

I will have the number boards and required decals available soon and will gift them to those that sign up assuming you're on my friends list.

A NOTE ABOUT RIMS

I listed the rim for each car but I don't want to be a nazi about this... Individually you guys can go in and see if there is another rim (of appropriate style) that better matches your car / livery.  as long as it doesn't change the PI of your car it's o.k. even if it makes it lighter....  Exception is the Ford which I've never seen without the stock wheels that are on it, and which will obviously receive a PI boost with just about any wheel change.

Note that this doesn't mean I won't be looking at builds and PI all season long.  Smile

Last edited by Hellisan on 7/23/2013, 11:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hellisan
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

The Cars: Overview and Builds Empty Re: The Cars: Overview and Builds

Post by Hellisan 7/22/2013, 11:02 pm

1991 BMW M3
The Cars: Overview and Builds Orev

The BMW is the most common car on the grid for most of the years which we are trying to emulate. This car has the most options for doing replica liveries.  In the game, it is a rocketship that is a bit difficult to handle and needs a good tune.  When you combine top speed and acceleration, this is the best of the available cars.  The one-off Maserati has a better top speed, but takes its sweet time getting there.  The Ford is right there in terms of top speed, but doesn't brake or accelerate quite as well.  

The Cars: Overview and Builds 4wai

Hellisan
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellisan 7/22/2013, 11:02 pm

1990 Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.5-16 Evolution II
The Cars: Overview and Builds Dwzd

The Mercedes is the best all-around handling car in the series, thanks to the stock rear wing with adjustable downforce.  If you're looking for a safe car OR if you want one of the very best cars on the grid this car is a good choice either way.  Has good not great acceleration and top speed, I'd recommend keeping the downforce at the lowest setting just to maximize its speed.  The other cars don't have any downforce, so it's already a given the handling will be better.  On the other hand, the rear downforce occasionally minimizes front grip on certain parts of tracks.  It is very minimal, and this car should dominate the handling tracks and possibly Nurburgring as well.

The Cars: Overview and Builds 5y36

Hellisan
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellisan 7/22/2013, 11:03 pm

1987 Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500
The Cars: Overview and Builds G6t5

All the teams and series officials were afraid of this car.  In practice and certain races it was in another class from the other cars.  It had significant weight penalties and other handicaps to retain competition amongst the cars.  Make no mistake, this car is a beast.  Has a race turbo supercharger that creates a pretty cool BOV sound, and it handles just as well as some of the smaller cars.  It doesn't have race brakes because it was actually outbraking smaller cars, so I moved those down a notch in the hopes of making this car feel just a little bit heavier and more cumbersome, due to the weight penalties it ran with.

The Cars: Overview and Builds Y9fu

Hellisan
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellisan 7/22/2013, 11:03 pm

1992 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4
The Cars: Overview and Builds Ixkq

This car came on toward the end of the series and won the final championship once the BMW and Mercedes works teams were more limited in their involvement. The real-life version was a V6 with flared fenders that was a lot more badass looking, but with the engine swap this is pretty close.  It is the only car in the series with all-wheel drive and for that reason will be restricted to those that show great levels of restraint in their racing habits.  The car is speed nerfed like most all-wheel drive cars, hence the much higher PI for this car.  The ability to go all-out over most curbs and through the tough corners gives this car a major edge on the shorter tracks.  The lap times will be competitive at most tracks and on some of the shorter tracks it will be very difficult to beat, indeed.  

The Cars: Overview and Builds Jlh2

Hellisan
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by ox FASTLANE xo 7/23/2013, 8:32 pm

The Alfa's aero that you have listed is adjustable ......thought I might let you know Shocked damnit LOL

ox FASTLANE xo
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by ox FASTLANE xo 7/23/2013, 8:34 pm

can it still be used that way or with the street front and maybe with just the rear like the Merc has?

ox FASTLANE xo
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellisan 7/23/2013, 9:53 pm

ox FASTLANE xo wrote:can it still be used that way or with the street front and maybe with just the rear like the Merc has?

Thanks I'll look at it, and will be adjusting to a non downforce setup for that car.

Hellisan
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by ox FASTLANE xo 7/23/2013, 10:50 pm

I found by using the street front and either no aero or street wing rear with FULL width tires makes the pi 640 but brings the g's almost back to where it was ...this way its 1.07 and 1.06 respectively. Hope that helps some. Sure does look ALOT better with the back wing ......can't even paint the street wing or put any decals on it either .....Mad lol

ox FASTLANE xo
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellisan 7/23/2013, 11:06 pm

ox FASTLANE xo wrote:I found by using the street front and either no aero or street wing rear with FULL width tires makes the pi 640 but brings the g's almost back to where it was ...this way its 1.07 and 1.06 respectively. Hope that helps some. Sure does look ALOT better with the back wing ......can't even paint the street wing or put any decals on it either .....Mad lol

That's not really how I think because if the skidpad readings are the same but it's quite a bit faster then it's an uneven car compared to the others.

I've looked into the various times of this car and am going to keep it as is for those who want that back wing on there....

Hellisan
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by ox FASTLANE xo 7/23/2013, 11:35 pm

Not saying that is the car for me....but that does help my decision making some scratch 

ox FASTLANE xo
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by jms493 7/31/2013, 12:34 pm

Are you sending builds out or are you going to list it. I want to build and drive my car this weekend.
jms493
jms493
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by jms493 7/31/2013, 12:35 pm

I also dont see the schedule of tracks and dates...linky?
jms493
jms493
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by jms493 7/31/2013, 12:53 pm

Ok I see the problem. Imageshack is blocked at work. I will look at home
jms493
jms493
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellisan 7/31/2013, 3:23 pm

jms493 wrote:Ok I see the problem.  Imageshack is blocked at work.  I will look at home

Oh... that sucks.

Is this a problem for a lot of people?

Hellisan
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by jms493 7/31/2013, 3:38 pm

This site in general doesnt work well at my work. I can quote, edit, delete posts. I cant reply to PMs either...the buttons dont show up.

I can access stuff from my phone though. No worries.
jms493
jms493
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down