Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #
Realistic Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MNR Clio Cup

+5
HCR M Angelo
LethalHoudini
Dylema
dcauto
je11yfish 15
9 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

MNR Clio Cup  - Page 6 Empty Re: MNR Clio Cup

Post by HCR M Angelo 4/3/2012, 11:00 pm

All is ok mate, was not your fault, just a racing incident Laughing
HCR M Angelo
HCR M Angelo
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/4/2012, 3:47 pm

Dubbl0HPeeetey wrote:It was an interesting race fo sho..

I started by completely fucking up my qualifying laps and ended up starting second on the grid which I wasn't too pleased about.
Yeah, it's nice to start up front, but the whole point of the reverse grid is to make the faster drivers work that bit harder for it without just buggering off at the start.

Anyhoo, I figured what the hell and did exactly that and spent the next 8 or 9 laps waiting for Twstd and Roger to catch up as I knew they surely would.
By the distance meter and my rearview, I could tell they were having quite the battle, so I did the natural thing and prayed for them to take each other out Laughing Alas, the gods were at a dinner party or something and remained deaf to my pleas. They closed the gap, but faster or not, I wasn't about to give up the lead easily.
By just about holding the racing line, I was able to fend them off until a slight (accidental) tap from Twstd knocked him a little sideways and put him in Roger's path causing Twstd to spin off the track briefly at the end of lap 11.
This left me and Roger alone to battle it out (I say battle when I mean desperately hang on) until a couple of small errors from me allowed him past on lap 12.
Surprisingly for me, I managed to keep him fairly close and maintain a bit of pressure for the remainder of the race with Twstd making an unbelievable recovery, driving like a man possessed taking huge chunks of time out of both me and Roger in the final few laps.
Had there been another couple of laps left in the race, or had that little accident not occured, Twstd would've smoked me.

Was a lot of fun trying to keep those freaks behind me I must say Razz

Tsukuba's gonna be a complete Twisted Evil Suspect affraid

Man, I really drove my butt off there after that little spin. For having as much aero, suspension and a bit of engine damage from the lag spike. [In my replay, Roger's car lagged into me, then I got into Petey. Wasn't Roger's, Petey's, nor my fault. Just a typical FM4 lag spike at the wrong possible moment there.] Haha, and Petey, I don't think I was possessed, well... At least I don't think I was at that moment. I'm just suprised the car went as fast as it did there with the damage I had. If there had been a few more laps, I may have caught you two, but passing you two would be a different story. Petey, Roger, and I were driving consistently the same lines throughout that entire race, which made passing between the three of us very difficult. Congrats Roger for the race win there bud, and you to Petey with a strong second place run.

I can't wait for Tsukuba, that's one of my favorite tracks in this game [Outside of Nordschleife and Twin Ring Motegi.] I can't wait for some good old short track racing next Monday.

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 4/4/2012, 3:53 pm

I think itl be manic at Tsukuba. Lot of cars on a small track please may I call for some patience and extra thought than usual to make it as clean as we can. I obviously include me in that n I just hope I can stay clean n not qually in mid pack as I usually am not known for running this track much LOL.

Oh shit yep im worried LOL.
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by je11yfish 15 4/4/2012, 8:20 pm

mayhem springs to mind What a Face
je11yfish 15
je11yfish 15
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 4/9/2012, 9:48 pm

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh Stevie where r u?
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 4/9/2012, 11:22 pm

Hi mate I hope your ok.

We ran the qually and the race but ran it for fun not series points as it didn't seem right without you sir. We had 1 restart due to lag but that was all. We had a few bumps and scrapes during the race but it all worked out.

Like I say we all hope your ok.
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by je11yfish 15 4/10/2012, 4:01 am

so sorry guys, my body clock is all over the place at the moment and i'm affraid i fell a sleep on the sofa. the last time check i did was 10:30pm and then when i next looked it was 4:30am.
if you want those results to stand i really don't mind, but i will be back next week for sure. finishing work at 1am really helps. Very Happy

but on a brighter note that bike that i have been messing with, the one thats been in my shed for 7 years. got her running this weekend with no end cans on, sounds too awesome
je11yfish 15
je11yfish 15
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 4/10/2012, 12:58 pm

Hey np mate I thought I had your phone number but didn't.
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by je11yfish 15 4/11/2012, 2:34 am

yes i think i did give it to you some time back.
i have changed the top calander

je11yfish 15
je11yfish 15
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/11/2012, 1:57 pm

We're running Tsukuba again next week? I'm hoping I can stay out of the pile up in Turn 1 again next week. Running the entire 28 laps without a front bumper and aero sucked. Though, after that incident in Turn 1, the race went on pretty smoothly after that.

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR M Angelo 4/12/2012, 4:29 am

Should be ok, didn't work out all that badly, in the test last week, apart from Twstd, that is Very Happy tongue lol!
HCR M Angelo
HCR M Angelo
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by dcauto 4/15/2012, 10:01 am

Great! Another shot at wrecking the field in turn one.
dcauto
dcauto
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by je11yfish 15 4/16/2012, 10:36 am

i'll turn up this week, but i have not had much track time Shocked
in fact none, but i'll get a hour before the race
je11yfish 15
je11yfish 15
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/16/2012, 1:56 pm

You'll have to down a redbull after you've degreased yourself mate. Don't take any chances...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/16/2012, 11:50 pm

Holy cow! What a race that was at Tsukuba tonight. Great racing everyone. That was a lot fun tonight. Del and I had one heck of a battle going for the lead for many laps there. Great job Del!

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 4/17/2012, 1:12 pm

After spending some time getting my car ready for this race I was quite happy with qually, I didn't quite get the lap times I had been getting but never the less I was pretty pleased with 2nd on the grid. I was always gona be a careful to keep my car clean in the first few laps but make moves if they appeared then look at where I was by like lap 10 then start to push a bit and see what I could do. I ended up starting to move through the pack and gain a few places in the early laps the yet again dc and I had a monumental battle for position which was way to intense and we ended up running 90% of a lap side by side and to be honest I was sure it was gonna end in tears but due to great understanding and conversation we kept it clean somehow n I finally got the place. A little while later I had caught up Mr sng who was leading at this point I seizes my chance when I saw him run a little wide. I was then just pushing as hard as I could knowing Mr Twisted had been caught up in an incident but never the less he caught up with me in the end. We then proceeded to have a battle for a few laps and I was trying to 2nd guess when n what he was gonna try by his entry line and I defended fairly well for a while, he made a few attempts and actually got by a couple of times but it was heading to a straight and my acceleration helped me out a lot and enabled me to get the place back, but then I ran in too hot and put 2 wheels on the grass and he didn't need asking twice he was by me. I continued to try hard for the remainder of the race and I saw the feet yo yowing between 300/500 feet and I also saw a bit of dirt fly up a few times but that was mis guided hope and I never caught him up lol. It was a great race yet again and a lot of fun.

Thank you to all for turning up consistently and making this a great series. I know we had a restart on the first attempt due to a crazy lag crash and that was the difference in my opinion as the few other incidents I saw were racing incidents and we were on lap 8, I know it may seem harsh but we can't just keep doing restarts. Also like I said last night and in my race report communication is key to save problems so lets please keep that in mind for all future events on the site to save issues etc. I also understand sometimes things happen so fast it is really easy to end up somewhere your not expecting to etc etc but lets do what we can. I heard dc say a couple of times theres a gap but id have to dive bomb n im not doing that, thats the patience thats needed I think. The bottom line is these are longer races and if generally have good pace and consistency it usually pays off in the end patience n clean car is key. I said usually pays off because I know I had good pace at Maple Valley however I didn't get too many proper overtaking chances plus I made a few driver errors as well, I know it can be frustrating but it is what it is. I do feel sorry for Peetey, I know how frustrating it is when that happens as ive been in the situation a few times plus I like to see all the cars get to the end without problems but sometimes that just isn't possible and I guess thats why in real life racing weve all heard the thats racing speach.

Good job guys and thank you
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/17/2012, 3:41 pm

It's all good. I got podiums in the last two, so I can't complain.

Last edited by Dubbl0HPeeetey on 4/18/2012, 8:21 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by je11yfish 15 4/18/2012, 4:26 am

i thought i drove better than i had in the previous weeks, and had a good scrap with luongo for 3rd which i lost Laughing had a good night and didn't make many mistakes
je11yfish 15
je11yfish 15
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 4/18/2012, 4:27 am

I think you drove better too sir
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 4/23/2012, 8:43 pm

Don't forget the clios in just under n hour boys
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by jms493 4/23/2012, 9:21 pm

http://www.twitch.tv/jms493#

Live action via jmsmobile
jms493
jms493
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 4/25/2012, 6:13 pm

Just to let you know I woke up today feeling a bit rough so haven't had the patience to sit and update the gallery etc with this weeks race pics yet. I will get them done at some point in the next day or so.

Sorry guys
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Bondzai 4/25/2012, 7:11 pm

I will not be able to make the next race on Monday. I will be in Puerto Rico.

Bondzai
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 4/28/2012, 2:24 am

Ok guys I need a favour please. I restarted my router this morning n loaded Forza and I don't have the Suzuka replay, I am sure I did have it really strange. Anyway the upshot is please can someone send me a copy so I can update the Clio gallery.

Thank you
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 4/30/2012, 2:59 pm

Don't forget guys Clio time tonight 2:30 GMT
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP