Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #
Realistic Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Driving Standards

Go down

Driving Standards Empty Driving Standards

Post by LethalHoudini 5/9/2012, 12:28 pm

I have spent a good couple of hours looking through replays etc and a couple of things have come to light. Please realise this is not personal etc but just to keep the standards and morales we have here which lets us race hard, clean and fair for all.

I have seen a few moves tried that have been questionable at best, maybe a rush of blood in the heat of the moment or slight loss of control at the wrong time.

Rule of thumb is if your cars are level you MUST do your best to give each other room but yield the position to the inside car if it becomes dangerous. If your on the inside but only level with the back wheel then yield to the car on the outside before you both get into trouble.

If a car is up the inside of you he will obviously have a slower apex speed but if hes level he has a right to be there and hes basically there because you didn't defend your inside line well enough so you therefore have no right to turn in on him etc. If the inside car is only level with your back wheel you have the right to take the apex at normal race speed and it is down to the inside car to let you do that and wait for a better chance etc.

These are the basic rules and of course we realise it id difficult in the game to do due to peripheral vision and different game cameras etc so I would say if in doubt back out and wait for a better chance.

We do not want to clamp close racing etc but this must be adhered to to allow close racing with confidence for everyone. 1 other thing is feel free to defend your line but you can't defend it if its too late as this can cause incidents also. It doesn't help you to make a risky move anyway cos in most of our series a little damage can hurt you a lot as well as others.

Like I said I have just seen a few things that have prompted this post and it is not at the stage of sending out pm's or point deductions etc so lets just get it all in order before we get there etc. We also realise that sometimes its just a racing incident etc and that's racing but wed like to keep it to a minimum please. This goes for all race series ran on our site and is done to protect and help you all. As always I include myself in any post of this type I make. It's 1 rule for all so to speak.

1 major rule to remember is if your behind someone and you want to pass them it is your main responsibility to do it cleanly or if you feel you haven't got the place clean we expect an apology and let the car back past.

If you are struggling with racing lines or your tune is loose etc feel free to ask questions in the forums as we have plenty of people willing to help you out.

If something does happen to you in a race please send the race director, myself and sng73 the replay and a pm on here with the track, lap it happened and your thoughts and we'l gladly take a look at it and rule as we see fit however if 1 of us is involved send it to only 1 that wasn't involved and that person will appoint another independent and respected driver to reach the final decision etc. The reason we ask this to be done in a pm is so it can never cause issues in the forums etc, I am sure you all understand.

Feel free to discuss this subject in general below but just to let you know I won't be discussing who, and what i've seen as that isn't fair this is a blanket message to all members including myself.

Ok back to happier thoughts. I have a bar of Galaxy chocolate, tray of flapjack, smoke n a coffee all is well in the world LOL.

Thanks guys and happy racing
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Driving Standards Empty Re: Driving Standards

Post by LethalHoudini 5/9/2012, 12:39 pm

Important point

I don't want people to think oh the racing's going bad etc etc and getting despondent or taking it personally because 99% of our racing her is awesome and that's because we all care etc but we don't want that to slip and we can just tighten it up a little.
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down