Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #
Realistic Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestions for season 2

3 posters

Go down

Suggestions for season 2 Empty Suggestions for season 2

Post by LethalHoudini 7/8/2012, 5:53 pm

If any of the season 1 drivers have any suggestions on how to make season 2 even better please post them up here and we will take a look at them. I can't promise to implement everything etc but you know us and if it makes sense you may well see it implemented next season.

My initial thoughts on things to consider are:

Allowing a bit more tyre width in an even way (I may look at all the cars max tyre width see which car has the narrowest tyre and making that the max tyre width for all cars then adjusting a couple of other build things to eaqual them)

I may raise the min weight limit
Cutting 5hp on the Honda Civic
Cutting 10hp on the Honda Integra
Only having 1 type of Sirocco
Adding 5hp to the 2010 seat

I am also thinking about a weight ballast system done through the rim types. Maybe I would let people know what rim they have to run for the next meeting. Adding or taking away a bit of weight won't make a massive difference but it would make some difference as 30/40lbs etc or maybe the top 3 drivers in the championship have to run heavier rims and no race drive line as that would also add a little weight. Not sure yet like I say im just thinking.

I am also thinking of maybe having a team championship and a privateers championship as well as the drivers championship. Maybe the privateers championship could emulate real life as far as in general they don't have as much funds so maybe they could run as single drivers but with a lower hp limit or something say 10 or 15hp less than the teams.

Maybe adding a few different cars

Maybe do a shorter 1st race say 10 laps on avg and make the second race a feature race of say 20 laps as well as reverse grid with a mandatory pit stop say between lap 7 and 14.

I am looking for your thoughts on the above ideas as well as your own ideas you may have. I think this could grow to be an even better series than it already is and id like to see where we can take it if we all put our heads together on it.

just thinking allowed (I haven't asked yet) but maybe an entry fee could be introduced where by your artwork has to be made by the 3S Design Paint shop and maybe they could sponsor the series a little with some Forza credits etc as prizes. (I know that was a cheeky 1 3S boys don't shoot me but think of the work LOL)

Please don't be shy, post them ideas boy's and help us shape this series into something everyone wants to run in.

LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for season 2 Empty Re: Suggestions for season 2

Post by HCR M Angelo 7/13/2012, 7:16 am

I like all of the ideas you have put up so far Del. As an addition, I'd like you to look at, when reversing the grid only reverse ttop half, as in keeping with real life. You could do this with a formation lap. The second thing is the balast thing should really happen betweeneach race and just each round, because it woul make more of a difference if the drivers could not have time to retune their cars.
HCR M Angelo
HCR M Angelo
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 7/14/2012, 2:15 pm

Some good suggestions.

The one idea I'm not so keen on is the short first stint and longer second stint, because it puts more pressure on the 'slower' drivers (after the reverse grid), as the quicker drivers will have even more of a chance to catch up and pass. With that said I do like the idea of the mandatory pit stop.

I do, though, think that things were starting to even out and you could tell the difference between those that put effort into tuning and practising their car on a specific track and those that didn't.

Controversial, but considering touring car races are generally circuit races, can we ditch the likes of Camino and Nordschleife and include Silverstone (which is a BTCC circuit) and Motegi instead?
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down