Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #
Realistic Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Race 5 - BARCELONA, SPAIN

+4
Sniper919
Bronn Edward
Owen0501
LethalHoudini
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Race 5 - BARCELONA, SPAIN - Page 2 Empty Re: Race 5 - BARCELONA, SPAIN

Post by HCR M Angelo 5/9/2013, 2:11 am

Homeless mate. Trying to sort things out.
HCR M Angelo
HCR M Angelo
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 5/9/2013, 2:41 am

Ok mate, hope you sort something out.

October, if you race my ghost you notice I messed up - lost a bit of time!
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 5/9/2013, 3:06 pm

Ok, so the weather forecast for Barcelona this weekend is..... Rain on Friday and Saturday, sunny and dry on race day Sunday! Who says it hardly rains in Spain - confounded Eliza Dolittle!!!

Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/9/2013, 6:45 pm

Yes, and Codemasters seems to make it rain in places and at times that are crazy. I've seen it rain in Brazil almost every time. Same for Spa. But that's just not the case. Sure, Spa it rains at some point almost every weekend, but usually never ALL of the race.

The proposed weather model would give us a dry race, sounds like. However, judging by the lack of response to it, it also sounds like folks are willing to live with the dynamic system bug. It's sure to toss things around.

P.S. - Owen, will definitely race your ghost and look for the error, but you must be a lot quicker on some other section. I wish that feature was in Forza, because you can learn a lot from it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bronn Edward 5/10/2013, 2:51 am

Well, I didn't put my $.02 in the weather forum(I'll post it there as well to be all official and stuff), but since you bring it up... I'm personally a fan of matching the race weather to the current weather at the race locale from the weather website. This method of the weather does 2 things for me:
1. It negates the weather glitch for us.
2. It makes the process of preparing for a race more interesting/realistic.
The real world F1 teams have meteorologists to predict the weather and they watch it like a hawk. In the week leading up to the race they are trying to anticipate the weather for Sunday and figure out what the best setup is going to be for the weather conditions. I enjoy trying to do this as well, especially since our league would run the same tracks as televised F1 in as close to the real world weather conditions as possible.
Choosing the dynamic weather system for the race risks getting the glitch and does away with planning for the real weather...
What to do as far as intermittent rain, I'm not sure what would work best for that.

Bronn Edward
Lollipop Man
Lollipop Man

Back to top Go down

Post by HRH 5 Racing 5/10/2013, 12:45 pm

Oh how Im wishing I would have joined this race season.

HRH 5 Racing
Chief Engineer
Chief Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 5/10/2013, 1:23 pm

HRH 5 Racing wrote:Oh how Im wishing I would have joined this race season.

It's not too late dude - plenty of races left.
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by luongo27 5/10/2013, 4:06 pm

I don't mind waht we do but i like matching the weather from the real race.
luongo27
luongo27
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR M Angelo 5/10/2013, 4:07 pm

Me too if I ever make another race that is
HCR M Angelo
HCR M Angelo
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/10/2013, 5:06 pm

Wish I could offer some sort of help from 1/3 a way across the globe Chelsea. I'm also looking for a new gig (after reluctantly closing my own business), so i can empathize with times being rater tough. If you are ever in NC and need a place to crash, send me a note.

And HRH, it's clearly not too late at all (even to be competitive). You are welcome anytime. The enrollment is on a "rolling" basis, which is a bit different from other series'. The idea is to simply promote F1 racing, which can only exist in one place, from one game, in one "series" at a time because it's a stand alone game. Another difference is that the series lasts as long as the F1 season does, and, in fact, follows it. That was done for a few reasons, many listed above. I think we run the longest season on the site (not everyone's cup of tea certainly, but different) and have plenty of breaks in between races.

Hopefully, we can get to a maximum of 16 drivers -- as many as one lobby can hold. If we get more, then we will go to a reserve system and, at some point, I'm sure, start another lobby.

If you do not have a teammate, your driver points double for each race (as applied to the team) until you get one. Feel free to bring along anyone you would like as long as they are a member in good standing at Realistic. There is no separate day qualifying, required livery, penalty system (other than what's in the game or raised by 2+ drivers who have been "aggrieved") or mandatory race attendance (besides the strong suggestion from the overall site that you make your best effort to show if you join). Just sign up and have fun.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/11/2013, 6:25 pm

The location for the Spanish Grand Prix weather is: Montmelo, Spain.

Currently, the start time for the Spanish GP is May 12, 2013 at 14:00 (UTC/GMT +02:00).

Currently, the prediction is 0% chance of rain and sunny: http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/graph/Montmelo+SPXX0234:1:SP?pagenum=2&nextbeginIndex=6

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/12/2013, 2:00 am

Thought you all might want to see Rosberg's qualifying lap with telemetry:

Back to top Go down

Post by Bronn Edward 5/12/2013, 4:51 am

Formula One Management does NOT want us to see Rosberg's qualifying lap with telemetry...
Race 5 - BARCELONA, SPAIN - Page 2 Screen12

Bronn Edward
Lollipop Man
Lollipop Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/12/2013, 5:06 am

Wow, that was fast. Legally, they have no case, because there are no damages or injury to them, but they would win on copyright grounds. I guess I'll just have to refrain. Well, you can all see these hot laps (fastest qualifying lap of every track in 2012) if you go to the official F1 site. It's quite interesting to watch them. Can learn a lot.

Back to top Go down

Post by KikRox268 5/12/2013, 12:26 pm

Although I love this track...today being mother's day, there will be a HUGE chance that I will not be making this race. Have fun!

KikRox268
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 5/12/2013, 12:30 pm

A shame KikRox, I enjoy our battles on the track
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/12/2013, 3:08 pm

I am out to lunch with all the mothers....mine, my in law and my wife. Too much estrogen in one place for me! I am hoping to get back in time.

On the bright side, this is a BIG ASS STEAK that is about to be dropped in front of me.... Protein!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/12/2013, 4:04 pm

Game Weather: Clear

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 5/12/2013, 4:17 pm

I might miss qualies as my youngest is playing up at the moment
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/12/2013, 4:21 pm

Where is everyone? 10 minutes and no one is on?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/12/2013, 5:45 pm

Home now! YAY

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/12/2013, 10:12 pm

It was a very smooth race, despite only having half the field and six A.I. inserted. I know most of us had to deal with various penalties and wing issues (I myself had a "blocking the track" penalty that left me scratching my head), but it was very clean into the first corner and clean throughout. Great racing guys.

Danger, thanks for sticking most of it out. I know it's tough getting used to a 50% race on a different platform, but other folks who are naturally fast (like Stroker and Owen) have improved massively in just a few races. You get points for a DNF, if applicable, and so does Bronn.

Speaking of Bronn, damn. Just damn. I think everyone recognized that the race was yours. Technical issues are just plan maddening, I know, but you will get them straight I'm sure. They sort of mimick mechanical failures (which does not factor in to these games) but they shouldn't happen to one guy over and over. Sorry.

Great job Luongo. You beat most of the A.I.

And Owen, buddy...you have indeed stepped up your game. I was expecting to do well this track after Bronn helped me through some massive time improvements, but you seem to be sailing by me at a good clip. Stroker, FINALLY a race where I could say we had a great dice. Great driving at the end. But for the A.I. I probably would have been toast even w/o the time penalty.

On to the Crown Jewel, and most difficult track...Monte Carlo...in two weeks. I've really never set a tire on it. This should be very interesting.

Last edited by OctoberDusk06 on 5/12/2013, 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/12/2013, 10:34 pm

Results

Driver/(Team)/Place/Fastest Lap/(Qualifying Pos.)/Qualifying Lap/RacePoints

1. luongo27 (Mercedes); 1:27.220; (3); 1:23.252; 25
2. Owen0501 (Mercedes); 1:27.306; (4); 1:25.550; 18
3. RR Stroker Ace (Red Bull); 1:27.257; (5); 1:26.129; 15
4. OctoberDusk06 (Lotus); 1:29.250; (6); 1:27.224; 12
5. iiDangerClose (McLaren); 1:27.762; (2); 1:22.906; 10
6. Bronn Edward (Lotus); 1:25.628; (1); 1:22.433; 8

Constructors:

1. Mercedes - 43
2. Lotus - 20
3. Red Bull - 15
4. McLaren - 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 5/13/2013, 3:49 am

Really enjoyed that despite not liking the circuit. Apart from one major spinout (which damaged my tires on the gravel) I was quite consistent.

Luongo - well done and it was great that we gone a one two for the team. Sadly I know it won't be the same for Monaco, not just because I'm crap on it, but also we're likely to have the quickies back.

Danger, what happened mate?
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/13/2013, 5:31 pm

Owen0501 wrote:Danger, what happened mate?

Don't even ask...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next