Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #
Realistic Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RULE MODIFICATION re: A.I. CARRIES

2 posters

Go down

RULE MODIFICATION re: A.I. CARRIES Empty RULE MODIFICATION re: A.I. CARRIES

Post by Guest 4/29/2013, 8:55 pm

Here is the new proposal:

Unlike Forza, penalties are handed out quite liberally in Codemasters' F1 2012. Therefore, this series will rely on penalties meted out by the game itself during all races. For instance, drive through penalties for blocking, causing a collision, and unsafe driving are routinely given. You must also give back positions gained that the game deems to be gained by corner cutting. Since the presence of A.I. drivers can cause unpredictable and haphazard penalties to be issued, penalties will be set to REDUCED until the field reaches six live teams. At that point AI will be eliminated from the game* and penalty will be set to FULL. (*If less than eight drivers show up for a race, A.I. drivers, set to "Legend" difficulty will fill the field for that race to the amount of drivers who are signed up at that time until the grid is full). Damage to FULL (as was the case before) if no AI. Damage to REDUCED if A.I present.

No AI is default since we have 6 teams.

Less than eight drivers in any given race gets the AI back on the grid BUT ONLY to a grid of 12 or less.

Yea?
Nay?
Abstain?

(Majority will carry)

Last edited by OctoberDusk06 on 5/6/2013, 11:58 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

RULE MODIFICATION re: A.I. CARRIES Empty Re: RULE MODIFICATION re: A.I. CARRIES

Post by Guest 4/29/2013, 8:56 pm

Yea

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 4/30/2013, 5:16 am

Yea, but one exception - no matter how many turn up for Monaco, no AI there please! It will be a penalty-fest even with reduced penalties set!
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR M Angelo 4/30/2013, 6:38 am

Yes mate
HCR M Angelo
HCR M Angelo
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/30/2013, 11:46 am

If no AI, then the penalties are "FULL" Monaco is a cluster-bomb wing shredder any way you cut it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/30/2013, 11:47 am

I vote yea, as proposed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 4/30/2013, 1:58 pm

OctoberDusk06 wrote:If no AI, then the penalties are "FULL" Monaco is a cluster-bomb wing shredder any way you cut it.

LOL - you either love it or hate it! I love it, just don't know how to drive it LOL! Of course, Sniper could probably drive it in reverse blindfolded!!!
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/30/2013, 9:16 pm

Good thing I will be out of town for Monaco Very Happy lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/30/2013, 9:37 pm

So far, eight votes, all "yes" for taking the A.I. out of the game unless we have less than six teams (we have six currently) signed up for any given year or less than eight drivers show up for a race.

So, the motion carries, unless, as 2nd, you have serious issues with it Sniper. (But I think you expressed some frustration with Mr. Hamilton last race).

Harry, I hear ya, but the A.I. is in because six or less drivers on an F1 track (usually over 2-3 miles) really turns the thing into a glorified practice session. The unpredictability of the A.I. at least (even if a bit unfairly applied to all) give the race the semblance of being at a real race. As it stands, most unpredictability of real life is eliminated, like safety cars and mechanical failure.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down