Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #
Realistic Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sniper919 Status

3 posters

Go down

Sniper919 Status Empty Sniper919 Status

Post by s0ul harv3st 5/23/2013, 9:20 pm

As many of you know we take on track negligent and malicious contact very seriously. Normally instant revocation of membership is the policy. Well last night we had a situation in the FSS where an owner was the perpetrator of such an incident. I will explain our penalty and why we came up with what we did.

1 week Red Card, 2 weeks Yellow Card, Suspension of owners privileges during the serving of these card penalties.

Our reasons for being lenient are simple.
He immediately apologized to everyone in the series and on the site for his inability to contain himself.
He immediately threw himself at our mercy by offering voluntarily to submit to a much harsher penalties then we initially were thinking.
He has been a member in good standing for years and never has been penalized before.

To add, the series is a NASCAR based series where contact is often times made, so much so that the series is run with cosmetic damage only. "Rubbing is Racing" is the motto I believe. This does not mean we condone purposefully taking someone out, which is what happened but it does, however mildly, affect our decision because of the aggressive nature of the series.

We hope this shows that no matter who you are here, you do the crime, you do the time.
s0ul harv3st
s0ul harv3st
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Sniper919 Status Empty Re: Sniper919 Status

Post by Guest 5/24/2013, 1:02 am

I see drivers IRL hit other drivers on purpose all the time in NASCAR. I have seen it in person and talked to some drivers who have done it and have had it done. It's a totally different mentality. Hell, at Martinsville, it's expected. Same with Bristol. 80% of the time there is NO penalty. I mean, I'd expect to get nudged in a NASCAR series, either here or IRL. That's a patented passing move, especially at a short track. Jeff Gordon and Dale Earnhardt were masters at it. The ALMS and Formula series' are much much different in their culture and rules.

That said, even NASCAR will react pretty harshly to a ram after the race is over or a shunt on a Superspeedway. but it's usually not a race ban. And rules are rules, after all. Deliberate recklessness (which is definitely defined informally, but differently, at different venues), should obviously not be tolerated.

I'm not trying to defend anyone and I was not there for the incident. I'm sure to have been this severe a penalty, it must have been obvious. I'm just trying to give a perspective from someone who does not prefer NASCAR, does not run in the series here, but understands and has actually lived the culture.

Back to top Go down

Post by luongo27 5/24/2013, 5:36 am

Would like to look at the video if anyone has it?
luongo27
luongo27
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/24/2013, 6:36 am

I might. Two were corrupted though. We had some wicked little lag in one of the races that caused the issue, I think.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/24/2013, 6:36 am

With the files, not the wrecks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/24/2013, 7:37 am

Yes, and I don't think anyone would "condone purposefully taking someone out" under any circumstances. I was just trying to illustrate the difference in culture, which the penalty givers obviously are well aware of, and to note that even though they may do something IRL w/o penalty (e.g. nudging someone off the line to pass at a short track), it's clearly against the rules here.

Back to top Go down

Post by s0ul harv3st 5/24/2013, 8:01 am

@ October
The NASCAR element is part of why its just a card and not a site ban. Per our policy you can not be a SpeedKing or above and have a card infraction. He is suspended from ownership for the time he has the cards, not suspended from the site.

s0ul harv3st
s0ul harv3st
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 5/24/2013, 9:18 am

Bottom line is 2 drivers went way too far they were asked on several occasions by the owner of the series to get in order and they chose to carry on with their on track antics which in turn caused other innocent cars and drivers to become involved and caused them to crash as well as terrible behavior in the race lobby which is not allowed here. As we always say no one here is immune punishment and we are still looking into others we basically dealt with sniper first as he is an owner and should be leading by example.
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/24/2013, 7:06 pm

I'm sure it was more difficult to impose the penalty than to read about it. Very difficult indeed for all involved, I'm sure.

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 5/24/2013, 7:40 pm

It wasn't a position I liked to be put in but we gotta do what we gotta
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content