Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #
Realistic Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Realistic Racing site and rules re-structure

3 posters

Go down

Realistic Racing site and rules re-structure Empty Realistic Racing site and rules re-structure

Post by RR Rowdy Burns 7/1/2013, 11:53 am

Just to let everyone know we are now doing a site and rules complete re-structure. There will be some changes to further the site as a whole. We will post all site changes as soon as they are made. We will be speaking to some drivers concerning the restructure. Not to single anyone out but to communicate the changes.

We need to have a meeting with all speed kings at 8:30 eastern Tuesday night to discuss this action plan. It is recommended that ALL speed kings be at this meeting.
RR Rowdy Burns
RR Rowdy Burns
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Realistic Racing site and rules re-structure Empty Re: Realistic Racing site and rules re-structure

Post by Owen0501 7/3/2013, 4:32 am

I hope that the meeting went well, and the rules re-structure has been sorted. Whilst I'm not a founder, admin or speed king, etc. I have been with RR from day one (or two) and have enjoyed it. I might not be able to race in many series, but I still feel like a part of the community.

Hopefully the focus last night was about the fun factor and being a community that is respectful of each other, but also ensuring that nowbody takes things too seriously (including racing). Afterall, this is about gaming which we use as a means of relaxation against the pressures and stresses of our everyday lives.
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Realistic Racing site and rules re-structure Empty Re: Realistic Racing site and rules re-structure

Post by LethalHoudini 7/3/2013, 8:01 am

That's the idea owen. We are making some changes mmmm shane is on it already hes as quick as ever lol. I have just typed up a secondary draft for Rowdy to approve and once that has happened we are going to post everything so everyone will be able to look at it all in 1 place. Obviously we explained everything to the speedkings first as 1 of the changes affected all of them to a degree as we have decided to do away with the speedkings group however this does in no way meen we think any less of them etc it's just a slightly different tact so to speak. Please anyone that wasn't in the meeting feel free to ask someone that was to get up to date by all meens. We are sorry you couldn't be there Octoberdusk but we will bring you up to date in party as soon as we can or if your in contact with 1 of the other guys that's fine. We would like to explain things to you in person when we can. Hope your having a good time by the way lol.
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 7/3/2013, 9:57 am

OK.

I appreciate that everything will be made available, but will you also be doing away with the yellow and red card system, as I personally am not in favour of public humilation for ones transgressions. I understand why it's there but I think it can create bad feeling and take away the fun factor, and things can / should be able to be resolved by moderators / admins in private.

Whilst there needs to be rules, we must be mindful that it is the community spirit that makes a forum work, so we should understand that an over-regulated forum may suffer.

I know that I often like to make light-hearted comments to lighten everyones mood, but generally if you read between the lines I also include a little subtance.

Just my over-opinionated thoughts which might not be supported by many LOL Smile

Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 7/3/2013, 11:44 am

I hear you mate. We have come up with a new system that does away with the yellow card. I personally think the less rules the better but unfortunately things have happened along the way that have meant we have implemented a few things to hopefully resolve something we have encountered in the past it can also make things clear etc etc.
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7/4/2013, 3:27 am

My previous post deleted by me, not owners or admin. Contact me if curious as to why. Have had a discussion with Mr. Rowdy which changed my perspective a bit. At least as far as making raw feelings too public. But I agree, Del, and others, things need to change. Only difference is, speaking as just a driver, I'd do it from scratch. I'll leave it to Rowdy to convey my concerns to other owners and admin, but I'll talk to anyone, anytime. Lots of good people here. Hope we can get this ship turned in the right direction. I'm just a driver, so not being a Speed King anymore is not of any concern. The site's health is, though.

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 7/4/2013, 5:45 am

Im glad 1 of us got to chat with you and I can say Rowdy spoke to me about your concerns etc and I can say we have taken them on board and are looking at them. I can also say 1 of the things that came from you talk we are already looking to do which you will see when split down it actually works out to be more than 1 of your ideas etc. I am probably not explaining this very well but all will become apparent very soon. Sometimes the message that we have always tried to get understood hasn't been communicated or understood too well. Everyone on RR has a right to point things and ideas out and we do listen and we welcome people to voice opinions in the right way etc. Our door is always open to people and personally don't mind where a good idea comes from if an idea is workable, makes sense, and is good for RR we are happy to implement things. With all the changes we are making we will monitor and tweak them as necessary or even remove them if we feel they aren't beneficial or achieving the reason they were put in place.
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7/4/2013, 8:19 am

Ok Del. Good enough for me. Rowdy was nice to let me vent but I think you all want to do the right thing and are good people. Sometimes its hard to "hold on loosely, but don't let go." As a song once said. "If you cling too tightly, you're gonna lose control." You understand. Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down