Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #
Realistic Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xbox one & Forza 5

+11
Battle Samurai.
HCR MeRiCA
HCR M Angelo
GuNzAbLaZiN69
Owen0501
xChapter IV
ox FASTLANE xo
Sniper919
s0ul harv3st
BruinTDog18
LethalHoudini
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Xbox one & Forza 5 - Page 2 Empty Re: Xbox one & Forza 5

Post by s0ul harv3st 11/7/2013, 9:44 pm

GT6 is for PS3 only. No comparison to FM4 really in that respect. Who's gonna pick up an old console to play a side step of FM4 at best?
GT7 is slated for 2015, you can bet they'll miss that projected time frame.

As for Forza 5, T10 is tea baggin everyone who buys it. They will charge you for the game, charge you for the tracks, charge you for the cars, then charge you to play with your friends. In the end you are going to be close to a grand if not more between the system and this game and DLC's. This is not to mention the fact that the Forza branded wheel (CSR elite) will be incompatible with the new XB1. Oh, and no Porsches again??? Really??? I just can't understand why they think that this an acceptable business model.

From what I am reading PS4 will be the superior machine. 1080p gaming vs XB1's 720p gaming. The deciding factor for me will probably be Project Cars. If the game is on both systems and the PS4 is still $100 cheaper with more processing power I will have to say fuck off to the XB1, I'm going back to Sony. I have to say that making that choice is like picking which pile of shit is the least smelly.
s0ul harv3st
s0ul harv3st
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sniper919 11/7/2013, 11:50 pm

I agree Shane with the 2 piles of shit. I'm getting a XB1 but will in the future get a ps4 (far distant future). I'd like to stay Microsoft but they are making it hard to stick with them.

My thing is people who are not knowledge about gaming and are more "casual" will love the XB1. That doesn't say much for me lol. What I'm getting at is that I am going to be getting a console for a launch game and the hope that Microsoft will turn their shit around.

As I typed that I realized I'm an idiot. I just can't see myself with a PS4 at launch especially without a racing game. But like you said Shane it will end up costing us 1K to play Forza 5. I mean with that money I could get Iracing a pc and a good start on a rig.

Sniper919
Sniper919
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by luongo27 11/8/2013, 12:30 pm

luongo27
luongo27
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by ox FASTLANE xo 11/8/2013, 1:33 pm

Geeeez with all the dlc to come and pay for again, Porsche Pack, tracks etc......Looks like I'll be building another gaming rig and saying hello to I-racing or/and Project Cars later. I knew that old A+ certification would come in handy again one day !

ox FASTLANE xo
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by GuNzAbLaZiN69 11/8/2013, 4:21 pm

I have to agree with Luongo and fastlane. Ever since I've switched to PC I haven't considered going back to consoles. I know I said I would be getting the X1 and Forza, but I can't justify the $600 it will cost. Especially when I can use that for a better performing PC in the future. I think the reason many people aren't interested in gaming PC's is because they SEEM to cost more. Upfront, they are, but over the course of a few years the PC will outperform any console and when time comes to upgrade, you will only need to upgrade 1 or 2 parts compared to a brand new console. Free online multiplayer, and butloads of steam sales also help reduce the costs.

P.S. If you ever plan on getting a gaming PC, don't go for a laptop or a prebuilt gaming rig, just build it yourself, it's less expensive. Unless of course you have special needs. I use a laptop because I'm in college and I need the portability.

GuNzAbLaZiN69
GuNzAbLaZiN69
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by luongo27 11/8/2013, 5:59 pm

Steam summer and winter sale is all i have to say.
luongo27
luongo27
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sniper919 11/9/2013, 11:40 am

Problem is I am not very tech savey in terms of building a pc.
Sniper919
Sniper919
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by luongo27 11/9/2013, 11:44 am

They are a lot easier to build now than they were. They are just like big lego kits really, lot's of guides available as well. I'm putting one together next week, might do a build guide as i make it.
luongo27
luongo27
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by GuNzAbLaZiN69 11/9/2013, 1:57 pm

Building a PC is not complicated, but you have to be very careful when installing a few of the parts or you could ruin those parts.
GuNzAbLaZiN69
GuNzAbLaZiN69
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/9/2013, 2:49 pm

luongo27 wrote:They are a lot easier to build now than they were. They are just like big lego kits really, lot's of guides available as well. I'm putting one together next week, might do a build guide as i make it.
Video?

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR M Angelo 11/10/2013, 8:22 am

hey he said a guide, not a guide dog Danger
HCR M Angelo
HCR M Angelo
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR M Angelo 11/10/2013, 8:24 am

next thing you'll want him to make it for you. Not such a bad idea really but it would cost you a lot more cause he'd need the plane tickets to eh?
HCR M Angelo
HCR M Angelo
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by GuNzAbLaZiN69 11/10/2013, 2:38 pm

There are plenty of videos on how to build a computer on youtube if you would like to see what it takes.
GuNzAbLaZiN69
GuNzAbLaZiN69
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by luongo27 11/12/2013, 6:28 am

Going to build it tomorrow, will post a quick guide up
luongo27
luongo27
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by luongo27 11/12/2013, 8:11 am

Back on topic slightly, read this today explaining why there is on 200 cars at launch.
"Greenawalt explained that it takes the studio six months to accurately model a new car in-game " Jesus Christ that's slow!
luongo27
luongo27
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by speeddemon2581 11/12/2013, 8:48 am

I want to gaming rig but with my luck I'll mess it up. I want a racing wheel that can work with my 360 and a pc does anyone know of good one to get?

speeddemon2581
Jack Man
Jack Man

Back to top Go down

Post by GuNzAbLaZiN69 11/12/2013, 8:49 am

Well, They are laser scanning everything. That's why there are only 14 tracks. Imagine how long it takes to finish a track. If you look at iRacing, who also laser scans everything, Forza is way ahead. Albeit iRacing has a more detailed physics engine.

I also read that Turn 10 won't accept any car or track that doesn't pass its quality test with a A. Which is why some of the big name tracks from FM4 aren't in FM5. Such as Nurburgring, which would probably take over a year to scan and completely redo.
GuNzAbLaZiN69
GuNzAbLaZiN69
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by GuNzAbLaZiN69 11/12/2013, 8:54 am

speeddemon2581 wrote:I want to gaming rig but with my luck I'll mess it up. I want a racing wheel that can work with my 360 and a pc does anyone know of good one to get?
Depends on your price range. Also, if you're planning to get the Xbox 1, you may want to hold out on buying a wheel. I don't think any 360 wheels have been confirmed to work with the Xbox 1. I could be wrong though.
GuNzAbLaZiN69
GuNzAbLaZiN69
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Xbox one & Forza 5 - Page 2 Empty no 360's wheels won't work on XB1 but I'm grtting one no sooner then the end of next year. with price I don't want to spend $ 1,000

Post by speeddemon2581 11/12/2013, 9:18 am

GuNzAbLaZiN69 wrote:
speeddemon2581 wrote:I want to gaming rig but with my luck I'll mess it up. I want a racing wheel that can work with my 360 and a pc does anyone know of good one to get?
Depends on your price range. Also, if you're planning to get the Xbox 1, you may want to hold out on buying a wheel. I don't think any 360 wheels have been confirmed to work with the Xbox 1. I could be wrong though.

speeddemon2581
Jack Man
Jack Man

Back to top Go down

Post by je11yfish 15 11/21/2013, 5:06 am

I'll get one at some point but it won't be soon
je11yfish 15
je11yfish 15
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/21/2013, 9:22 pm

Anyone in England pick up the X1 yet? Mine comes tomorrow in the mail

Back to top Go down

Post by Sniper919 11/23/2013, 8:13 am

I have and I don't want to make anyone upset that hasn't got one yet but it is awesome! The interface is very intuitive and the voice commands work very well. Had an issue with a party chat with Del yesterday which could have been brought on by him rigging up some make shift XB1 turtle beaches. The graphics are incredible especially for Forza. I am really liking the Game DVR feature that allows you to record your game up to 5 minutes. I made a video of me going to the top of the R leader boards in my 76' Ferrari F1 car.

I know a lot slated the "XBONE" but if you were on the fence and can afford it I would make the switch I doubt you will be disappointed.
Sniper919
Sniper919
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/23/2013, 2:14 pm

sniper919 wrote:I have and I don't want to make anyone upset that hasn't got one yet but it is awesome! The interface is very intuitive and the voice commands work very well. Had an issue with a party chat with Del yesterday which could have been brought on by him rigging up some make shift XB1 turtle beaches. The graphics are incredible especially for Forza. I am really liking the Game DVR feature that allows you to record your game up to 5 minutes. I made a video of me going to the top of the R leader boards in my 76' Ferrari F1 car.  

I know a lot slated the "XBONE" but if you were on the fence and can afford it I would make the switch I doubt you will be disappointed.
I second this, this is fucking amazing. Get it if you get the chance!

And sniper I added you, lets do some Forza racing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sniper919 11/24/2013, 8:47 am

Sounds good. I'm trying to work through the career to build up my drivatar. Also need to get a few decals ready for Storefront launch. Need that $$$
Sniper919
Sniper919
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2