Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #
Realistic Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So what do you think?

5 posters

Go down

So what do you think? Empty So what do you think?

Post by LethalHoudini 11/30/2013, 4:59 pm

What do you think of the game so far?
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

So what do you think? Empty Re: So what do you think?

Post by Sniper919 12/1/2013, 9:32 am

How long you have?
Sniper919
Sniper919
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/1/2013, 7:27 pm

I like it, still getting used to the new physics and the controller. I wouldn't say I'm very competitive yet though

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 12/1/2013, 8:36 pm

I think it is far too eraly for anyone to feel totally at home yet mate. An example of this I think is the leaderboards because the top 10's are constantly changing on a daily basis as people find new cars and different tuning tricks etc. On the whole I am pretty happy with the game for the most part however there are some things as always I don't agree with however gladly the bad points at the moment don't include how the cars feel or the game plays etc they are to do with gifting, the fact that I can't see in pvt races it doesn't look like you can set the grid by lobby points or reversed lobby points but it may be hidden there somewhere, and that painters and tuners from what I can see don't earn properly for there creations as they should in my opinion. It doesn't bother me who pays for it the buyer or the game but talented people should be rewarded properly for sharing there work and the time they put into it etc. With all that being said we know as they have worded it they are revamping the economy so we'l have to wait and see what that actually meens. It is also very early days and myself I haven't gained any credits from the couple of tunes I have shared but hopefully that will change, and again I have a good plan if it doesn't that will benefit RR members as I will have a DelZaster tuning section on RR that will only be visable by RR members and I will post and builds and tunes I wish to share there to benefit and look after our own guys, I will say I will expect you guys to respect that and not give my tunes away or share them and I will make it clear now if anyone is caught giving or sharing my tunes without asking me first you will be blocked from my forum. I understand my last comment sounds harsh but if I am doing something to benefit RR drivers I expect them to stay within RR as that gives our guys a benefit for there loyalty to RR etc etc.
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sniper919 12/3/2013, 9:40 pm

Sniper919
Sniper919
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 12/4/2013, 1:28 am

Great work Mr sniper sir I have just been connected to an online lobby Yippeeee lol. I had to port trigger port 500 UDP new 1 for the one looks liks.
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by strumfly 12/4/2013, 10:13 pm

I got my xbox one just for this game and now i'm not sure it was a good move. Less tracks, less features, less cars. It looks great but just does not have nearly the content I hoped for. Let's hope they at least give us more tracks for dlc. I know the cars are coming but the lack of tracks is a huge disappointment.

strumfly
Lollipop Man
Lollipop Man

Back to top Go down

Post by jms493 12/6/2013, 10:53 am

I buy and play Forza to race online.  That being said I am very happy.  All the other bullshit with the game...yeah it sucks but I spend most of my time behind the wheel.  The game shines there.

Multiplayer lobbies and such are frustrating.

When are we racing you bastards!!!
jms493
jms493
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by jms493 12/12/2013, 2:58 pm

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-12-12-fixing-forza-5-how-turn-10-wants-to-turn-things-around

Greenawalt: "Disappointed in myself" from fan reaction; want to win fans back [Forza] #1

It must be a relief in some way to have the game finally ship, but the reaction's been more muted than some other Forza games. What's your take on the initial response, and the first reviews?

Dan Greenawalt: I have to be honest, our team takes great pride in what lights up our players, and community's the heart of what we do. So it's been disappointing. I'm not disappointed in people - people feel how they feel. I'm more disappointed in myself that I've elicited this reaction in people. I think the biggest travesty for me is how people have misread our intentions, because that's just been sad - community's the biggest thing for us, and the whole point is to get people excited about cars and excited about games, so people saying we've changed the economy for this reason and we removed this feature for that reason - I understand it, because perception's reality, and people start believing what they believe, but I know it's not the thought process we went through to make the decisions we made.
We'll get back to that in a bit. In terms of the free-to-play mechanics that are coming into it - because it came as part of a wave of Microsoft games that introduced mechanics more typically found in free-to-play games in full-price games, what's your take on that and how do you justify their inclusion?

Dan Greenawalt: So that's how you felt about Forza 4? I did feel that way about Forza 4, so I'll admit an inconsistency there, but it wasn't pronounced as much. It's certainly much more of an issue in Forza 5.

Dan Greenawalt: I understand that if it looks like a duck and it quacks like a duck... I know the statement. But honestly if you look at free-to-play games they usually have things called paywalls, where you're slowly wearing something down and the only way to get around it is to pay. That's not what we implemented in Forza 4 and that wasn't our goal in Forza 5 either. We don't have paywalls. We have acceleration, and that was based on feedback from players in Forza 4 - there's a small group of players that can't be bothered to do things and they have disposable income.

They're the sim guys in a lot of cases. They don't want to do the career, and they don't value those aspects, and that's alright by me. With Forza 4 we had car tokens that range from one dollar to three dollars - the most expensive car was ten million credits in game, and it only cost three car tokens which would have been three dollars. That felt like it was not making the car exclusive enough for those who are willing to pay. So we made car tokens equal to credits - it's not about making more money, it was actually about saving people's time when doing the grind. I can totally see how people are perceiving it, but that wasn't our thought process - we designed the tokens last, which isn't how you'd do it if you were making a free-to-play game - you would design that economy and the token economy first, because that's how you make your revenue. That's not how we make the revenue - we sell the game, and the tokens aren't a big revenue driver. As a creative director, we were looking at it as basically giving people cheats, but if you want to put cheats in you have to pay for them, which puts a barrier in and makes it exclusive to those who want to pay for them.
jms493
jms493
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by jms493 12/12/2013, 2:59 pm

Big Forza News!!!

Turn 10 Studios will release a Forza Motorsport 5 update this month -- as early as next week -- that adds Drag Racing and Tag multiplayer modes, in addition to a more balanced economy.

Car prices have been reduced significantly, with the on-disc cars reduced in price by 45%. So, the $6 million Ferrari 250 GTO you’ve been saving for is now a more accessible $2 million purchase. The rate at which racers earn money has more than doubled, as well. Turn 10 estimates Forza 5 players will be able to earn exotic cars in one-fifth of the time they earned them in Forza Motorsport 4.

“We based our economy largely on Forza Motorsport 4 data,” creative director Dan Greenwalt told IGN. That $6 million Ferrari? It cost $10 million in Forza 4.

“The earn rate [in Forza 5] should have been the same,” Greenwalt explained. Player patterns are different now, however, which meant racers were earning less. And so Turn 10 adapted based on telemetry. Based on that data, Turn 10 is "making updates pretty quickly and painlessly," and will continue to do so based on community feedback.

Drag Racing supports up to 16 racers in one lobby, one-on-one duels, or eight cars on the same drag strip, and Tag mode comes in three multiplayer variants:

Keep the It: One player begins the match as “It.” The goal is for the “It” player to keep “It” status for as long as possible. “It” status transfers each time someone makes contact with the “It” player. Once the match timer has completed, the player with the most “It” time wins.

Tag Virus – One player begins the match as “It.” Each time an “It” player makes contact with another car, the “It” status spreads like a virus. The last uninfected player standing wins the match.

Pass the It: Similar to “Keep the It”, one player begins a “Pass the It” match with “It” status. “It” status transfers each time someone makes contact with the “It.” At the end of the match, the player with the least amount of “It” time wins.

Look for more from Greenwalt discussing the future of Forza soon here on IGN.
jms493
jms493
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sniper919 12/12/2013, 11:58 pm

YAY drag racing!!!! (<---Sarcasm)
Sniper919
Sniper919
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by TyrannicCymbals 12/30/2013, 9:16 pm

Is this about right Del?

TyrannicCymbals
TyrannicCymbals
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 12/30/2013, 9:29 pm

Doesn't look bad mate does it feel grippy?
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum