Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #
Realistic Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

iRacing GT3 League Interest

Go down

iRacing GT3 League Interest Empty iRacing GT3 League Interest

Post by Swarley133 6/25/2014, 2:43 am

Apex iRacing GT3 Championship

I'm currently running a closed iRacing league. At the moment for season 1, we're just running the Cadillac CTS-Vs on base content tracks just to get a handle on running a league and see how everything works.

Our final race for the first season will be on Tuesday, June 8th. After that, we are planning on running a GT3 series for the foreseeable future.

We'll be running the BMW Z4 GT3 vs. the McLaren MP4-12C GT3. I know iRacing also uses the Ruf RT 12R in their official GT3 series, but it wont be included for my series.

Track voting is still going on with our current members, but it looks like we'll be adding in Spa, Daytona and Watkins Glen for the season 2 schedule to go along with Laguna Seca, Lime Rock and Okayama. As we progress to each season, we'll only look to add 1 new track, maybe 2 at the most just so it doesn't become a huge cost to everyone in the league.

Rules wise, we run fixed setups to make it as much about the driving and just about the driving as possible. We run both sprint and endurance races each season. Right now we run 30% fuel loads, but I'll need to test the GT3 cars to see what we will go with for season 2 and on. There will be no quick fixes. I'll get into the other rules if there's interest.

Schedule wise, I'm looking at a 6 race schedule for season 2 that will include 4 sprint races and 2 endurance races. Nothing's concrete yet, but it very well could be 30 minute sprint races and then a 1 hour endurance race and an hour and a half endurance race. Each race will be preceded by an open practice session and an open 10 minute qualifying session. We'll likely run at least one non-points night (maybe a second) before we officially start the season.

We have 5 people running in season 1 with a couple of maybes for season 2 so far. 4 of the 5 of us are iRacing beginners, so we aren't looking for the best of the best. We're here to have fun (and of course race cleanly and competitively) while getting into the world of PC racing sims.

If you're interested, please make a post in here. Once I see some interest from people here, we'll move forward.
Swarley133
Swarley133
Lollipop Man
Lollipop Man

Back to top Go down

iRacing GT3 League Interest Empty Re: iRacing GT3 League Interest

Post by Swarley133 7/17/2014, 5:00 pm

Just bumping this to see if there's any interest at all...

First race of the season is scheduled for Tuesday night, 7/22 at 8:45pm ET at Spa-Francorchamps.
Swarley133
Swarley133
Lollipop Man
Lollipop Man

Back to top Go down