Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #
Realistic Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Horizon

2 posters

Go down

Forza Horizon Empty Forza Horizon

Post by Guest 10/27/2012, 11:07 am

So the states have had the game for a few days now and Europe just got the game. Just wondering what everyone thinks of the game. I personally was surprised with how it turned out. When I heard it wasn't going to be the usual Forza physics I was a little hesitant. But playground games did a great job with it. There are a couple of things that I would change but overall I am very impressed with how it ended up. To me it feels closer to Forza three physics but its more between a two and three feel on the wheel and there's really no other way to play a racing game.

Now to my real question. Not only am I wondering how you feel about the game but also if I were to have a night where we would get together on Horizon and do something similar to cops and ricers, how many of you would be interested in this? Instead of having multiple "ricers" there would only be one and then six cops to give chase and one "helicopter" If we have enough interest I will post a full detail on my idea. I look forward to seeing what you guys think.

Back to top Go down

Forza Horizon Empty Re: Forza Horizon

Post by Sniper919 10/27/2012, 2:22 pm

I'm in
Sniper919
Sniper919
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by RR Rowdy Burns 10/28/2012, 2:34 pm

I think it would be good to have a few ricers and less cops. maybe have 3 ricers and 5 cops. IMO that would be a ton of fun. if you have too many cops the ricers won't be able to move. lol. just my opinion.

RR Rowdy Burns
RR Rowdy Burns
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/28/2012, 2:41 pm

There would be rules in place to make sure it is orderly. We can try it a few ways though and see what works best.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/28/2012, 4:21 pm

Here's the basic idea. Since there's only eight spots now instead of sixteen, we can no longer have huge sessions of cops and ricers. Having one person to run in a pure street car (only street upgrades allowed) and at a max of b class.

Three standard cops in the charger with a bull bar at a spec build pi of 521 I think it is. The road block unit is a Raptor at a mid 540 pi I believe. Can't remember exactly right off hand. The high speed unit used to run down a suspect who is getting away will be a GT500 totally stock. Its a high a class.

The lead police will always be a standard unit. The lead officer can call in rolling road blocks, standing road blocks, or spike strips. Each will have a certain set of rules explained later. The helicopter will guide officers to that target if they lose sight or offer advice where and when to set road blocks or spike strips.

All HUD will be turned off unless you use the speedometer then it may remain on. No one is to use the map except the helicopter unit. This keeps everyone on a level playing field, giving the cops a slight advantage, that they have in real life.

The street cars only have street parts added and can run any size tires and any wheel at any size. Get also may run a sport diff just to help with excessive wheel spin in old muscle cars and front wheel drives.

Police unit builds are not to be changed and can be found on my storefront(not up yet waiting on enough people willing to do this).

Each police unit has a specific job. Standard units pursue and set rolling road blocks. They do anything a regular police unit is supposed to do. The Raptor unit can pursue or set any road block (rolling or sitting) and deploy spike strips. Speed units pull ahead to set road blocks or can be used to catch up to a suspect that has gained ground and is close to getting away.

Anybody in the chase can total their car. Hitting a tree or gaurdrail too hard will result in a "total". That goes for suspect or any cop.

Also the cops can no longer just ram a suspect as hard as they can. If you do this you will total your car. Rolling road blocks will be used if the suspect can be boxed in and standing will be used o other roads along with spike strips.

Road blocks that are standing are obvious. The road is blocked and there is no way around, you are busted. If you can drive off road safely and get around then you continue to run. Rolling road blocks are to box in a suspect. They are not to ram the suspect off the road. There will be no excessive pushing. Pushing from cop or suspect will result in a automatic bust or get away. Spikestrips are the trickiest. A cop sits in one lane and "deploys" strips in the lane in front of their car. So they are sitting sideways in one lane. If the suspect runs through that lane or hits the cop then they are busted. If a cop does either then they are totaled.

The longer you last and the more cops that are totaled then the more points you score. Only suspects score points. Everyone involved will get a chance to run. Each week we do one chase. After all drivers have run the final points will be decided and the ultimate driver will be crowned.

If I think of anything I forgot I will post it later.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sniper919 10/29/2012, 11:29 am

It sounds like a lot of fun. I have been having connection issues recently with Horizion. If I remember correctly I couldn't join you guys the other day. Hopefully it will be fixed soon. If not I wont be able to Sad . Also I will talk with Del about starting a Car Club and a section on the forum. A few of us have it now so we should try to orginize some stuff for the game.
Sniper919
Sniper919
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/29/2012, 11:37 am

Sounds good to me. I have a few more ideas I just figured this would he the most fun for everyone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/30/2012, 8:37 pm

I will have some free time Saturday if you guys want to get a litre game together. What do you think?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sniper919 10/31/2012, 10:32 pm

if im not working or on vacation i will
Sniper919
Sniper919
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sniper919 11/9/2012, 12:51 pm

Anyone else feel that this game progressed way to quick. I'll be honest im considering trading it in for COD BL2 or ASIII.
Sniper919
Sniper919
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down