Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #
Realistic Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spec Miata?

3 posters

Go down

Spec Miata? Empty Spec Miata?

Post by Dylema 1/18/2013, 8:37 pm

I've been playing around with Forza the last couple days and the idea of a Spec Miata series intrigues me. I think it would be the perfect place for rookies to start to learn to tune as it has limited parts that can be adjusted. (only camber/toe/ridehight and sway bars) No aero or spring adjustments are allowed in the series, the cars are also down on power rear wheel drive cars so they should be easy to handle but you can still get the back end out of shape if you push to hard.

I know we had the rookie cup with SNG and twisted is supposed to be running some sort of school, I think his series could run along those lines and maybe even a pro/am style if faster guys want to join in on the slow car fun. This is just an idea, as I'm not expecting to be able to run a series after such a long absence, but if there is interest and someone would like to help run it I think it could be a fun class and help people get the basics of tuning down a bit.

Also I have a quick build I did based on the SCCA rules so if you want to take a look at the car just ask it came out to a PI of 330.

Dylema
Engineer
Engineer

Back to top Go down

Spec Miata? Empty Re: Spec Miata?

Post by LethalHoudini 1/18/2013, 9:05 pm

Hi mate great to see you back. We are in the middle of sorting something pretty big for the site that might include these cars etc so watch this space sir. It will be obvious what im talking about when it arrives to the forums.
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylema 1/18/2013, 9:15 pm

It's good to be back, nice to have enough time to relax and play some games finally. Sounds good I'll keep my eyes open for the announcement.

Dylema
Engineer
Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by GuNzAbLaZiN69 1/18/2013, 10:51 pm

This sounds fun. If you need help I'll be here. I also want to run in this if it does run because I need tuning help.
GuNzAbLaZiN69
GuNzAbLaZiN69
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/19/2013, 7:27 am

Dr piihb used to run a fantastic spec miata series, it might be worth talking to him about it

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylema 1/19/2013, 8:02 pm

DelZaster wrote:Hi mate great to see you back. We are in the middle of sorting something pretty big for the site that might include these cars etc so watch this space sir. It will be obvious what im talking about when it arrives to the forums.

Just wanted to give you a quick update Del, the build on the car is looking fairly realistic, me and gunz ran some laps in it and are both within the times I saw being ran around Road Atlanta. The build is up on my storefront if you want to take a peak at how it runs for what you guys are planing or I can gift the build over as well.

Until I hear one way or another I'll refrain from posting more details, I'd love to see these things in regardless if it's part of your plan, I'm running it, or someone else is. They should make for some good close racing.

Dylema
Engineer
Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/28/2013, 10:52 pm

I'm down for this!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down