Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #
Realistic Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

re-start ALMS

4 posters

Go down

re-start ALMS Empty re-start ALMS

Post by Guest 2/4/2013, 9:07 am

As many of you may have noticed, the ALMS section was locked down most of the day yesterday. We have worked with Danbre and have totally revamped his setup, schedule, and class section.

These changes are for the good, we hope, as they make the racing more organized, puts a plan in place for the officials in charge and opens up the classes to more drivers.

The P1 class will now require you to meet a time limit at Road America for the license. If you fail to hit the desired time, you will be asked to run GT. The GT class should be the bread and butter class (thanks S0ul Harvest for that phrase), with the highest class drivers in this level. The GTC Class should be for the newer guys, less experienced in slower, better handling cars until they advance up into GT.

Please take a look and sign up. It will be a whole new experience next week, for sure! You will be approved for your car choice and posted in the correct section asap. If you choose the GT class, make sure that you check to see if your car is available, as we are instituting car locks. Which means that only a set amount of each model will be determined available in order to open the field up to different models.

Thanks - RR XMan77 (Series second)

Last edited by RR Xman77 on 2/4/2013, 3:02 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

re-start ALMS Empty Re: re-start ALMS

Post by s0ul harv3st 2/4/2013, 9:47 am

I might add,
If you love running your IMSA Cup car, the build Dan uses for the GTC class is the same exact build.
s0ul harv3st
s0ul harv3st
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sniper919 2/4/2013, 12:28 pm

Sounds good xman nice job buddy.
Sniper919
Sniper919
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2/4/2013, 2:47 pm

Since i run in GTC I now feel like a slow POS. You should reword that because im not slow at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by s0ul harv3st 2/4/2013, 2:50 pm

GLR ROCA wrote:Since i run in GTC I now feel like a slow POS. You should reword that because im not slow at all.

He's referring to the car in comparison to the GT and LMP classes, not the driver.
s0ul harv3st
s0ul harv3st
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by GuNzAbLaZiN69 2/4/2013, 2:52 pm

He said the GTC CARS were "slower, better handling cars". I personally don't think I'm that slow either but I wanted to run something different, so I chose GTC. I already race a GT car in the endurance series and I've never liked the super powerful cars, therefore I decided to run GTC.
GuNzAbLaZiN69
GuNzAbLaZiN69
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2/4/2013, 3:01 pm

Damn guys - look what I am running too! LOL! I totally meant they are slower in comparison and that newer drivers need to look here first... Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by THF dvsSublime 2/4/2013, 5:58 pm

Glad to see you guys worked with the kid, looking good.
THF dvsSublime
THF dvsSublime
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sniper919 2/4/2013, 6:40 pm

Trying to help for sure
Sniper919
Sniper919
VIP
VIP