Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #
Realistic Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Someone tell me what wrong with my real car

5 posters

Go down

Someone tell me what wrong with my real car Empty Someone tell me what wrong with my real car

Post by Guest 4/11/2013, 1:39 pm

Help

Back to top Go down

Someone tell me what wrong with my real car Empty Re: Someone tell me what wrong with my real car

Post by Guest 4/12/2013, 11:09 am

You need a tune up, my man

The car is missing.

If that is a v8 - I bet you are on 6 right now based on the description you are giving.

Back to top Go down

Someone tell me what wrong with my real car Empty Re: Someone tell me what wrong with my real car

Post by s0ul harv3st 4/12/2013, 12:42 pm

Temp sensor fell off? If you have a hole where there is supposed to be vacuum that would cause lack of power.

Get video of the motor with and without you pulling the throttle cable.
s0ul harv3st
s0ul harv3st
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by HRH 5 Racing 4/12/2013, 3:00 pm

Rough idling issues are almost always related to emissions components. Ie; the path air takes to go through your engine. And those components are also the ones to trip the check engine light most frequently. I would put my money on the MAF (mass airflow meter). This device sits right after the air filter assembly and "meters" how much air the engine receives by adjusting a flap.

I've got a BMW also but I havent had this problem.
Hope this helps.

Railer

HRH 5 Racing
Chief Engineer
Chief Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/12/2013, 3:05 pm

RR Harry Hogge wrote:You need a tune up, my man

The car is missing.

If that is a v8 - I bet you are on 6 right now based on the description you are giving.
v6, my dad thinks one of the cylinders is gone
s0ul harv3st wrote:Temp sensor fell off? If you have a hole where there is supposed to be vacuum that would cause lack of power.

Get video of the motor with and without you pulling the throttle cable.
The temperature sensor is literally right next to the left front wheel. It's a weird location and its electrical so I don't think thats the problem.

HRH 5 Racing wrote:Rough idling issues are almost always related to emissions components. Ie; the path air takes to go through your engine. And those components are also the ones to trip the check engine light most frequently. I would put my money on the MAF (mass airflow meter). This device sits right after the air filter assembly and "meters" how much air the engine receives by adjusting a flap.

I've got a BMW also but I havent had this problem.
Hope this helps.

Railer
Lives 5 minutes from me and also drives a bimmer lol!

My dad thinks its the MAF now, but he's taking it to the shop in a few minutes.

My dad is gonna take it to the shop soon I think and hopefully it isn't a cylinder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/12/2013, 3:45 pm

If its a cylinder down, it still could be related to the spark.

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 4/12/2013, 4:31 pm

Sounds like the turbo pipe may have a split in it or has disconnected. I had the same issue with my 5 series (when I had one). If it is that then it's only a minor fix
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 4/12/2013, 4:32 pm

Sounds like the turbo pipe may have a split in it or has disconnected. I had the same issue with my 5 series (when I had one). If it is that then it's only a minor fix
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by BruinTDog18 4/13/2013, 4:00 pm

lol everything you described from the rough idle to the sluggish acceleration sounds just like my Lincoln right now, but i know mine is a case of the transmission needs servicing, but for a bimmer, couldnt tell ya for sure without driving it myself
BruinTDog18
BruinTDog18
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by RR Rowdy Burns 4/13/2013, 5:26 pm

I think the wibbing pin fell out of the wobbling shaft. That's what my guess is.

That or the flux capacitor could be bad.
RR Rowdy Burns
RR Rowdy Burns
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/13/2013, 5:52 pm

hahahahaha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/13/2013, 10:33 pm

RR Rowdy Burns wrote:I think the wibbing pin fell out of the wobbling shaft. That's what my guess is.

That or the flux capacitor could be bad.

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 4/15/2013, 3:12 pm

Did we get to the bottom of this?
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/15/2013, 3:18 pm

Owen0501 wrote:Did we get to the bottom of this?

Rowdy was right!!

Lol it was the Ignition coil, idk if anyone said that or not.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/15/2013, 4:29 pm

That would be car is missing, not firing...... lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down