Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #
Realistic Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Codemasters F1 2013

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Codemasters F1 2013 Empty Codemasters F1 2013

Post by Guest 4/13/2013, 5:02 am

If you could tell the boss at Codemasters three things you want the game to change, what would they be?

I'd say:

1. Fix the dynamic weather situation, make it more predictable and less robotic, now requiring 2 pit stops usually.

2. Add the ability to record your race and watch from any drivers' persective (like Forza).

3. Make the Set up of the cars reflect actual changes more realistically.

Back to top Go down

Codemasters F1 2013 Empty Re: Codemasters F1 2013

Post by Owen0501 4/13/2013, 4:03 pm

Oh October, where do I start??!!

Yep - the replay / record facility is ridiculous, but I understand why, when the vast majority of F1 racers are PC based... But come on Codemasters, consider the console gamer a bit more!!

More realistic penalty system! AI don't get penalties for causing collisions with humans but humans get a penalty for farting near an AI!

All GP tracks included! The game spans two seasons - we'll be playing 2012 up to 3 qtrs of the real 2013 season before the next game version is released, yet we can't race Nurburgring where I'd have my best chance of a podium finish - my favourite track!

Ability to create our own helmet skins - there's a mod for the PC game that allows you to do this!!

When In cockpit view THE OPTION for an on screen display for Kers and DRS indicators rather than on wheel where it's almost impossible to see - it's a freaking game after all!! Should be able to turn this off in multiplayer like all assists...

Larger distance display boards for us blind peoples so we don't have to use braking line!! I can't read with my left eye so it's particularly annoying for me!

SmartGlass compatibility - display race information like driver position (full list), and all driver lap timings and their current penalties throughout the race so you know your true position and how hard you have to push!

Ok I'll stop there for now!! But you did ask!

Last edited by Owen0501 on 4/13/2013, 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sniper919 4/13/2013, 4:04 pm

1 vintage cars

2 vintage tracks

3 I'd be happy with top 2 lol
Sniper919
Sniper919
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/19/2013, 9:04 pm

Here are some other suggestions from the Codemasters forum:

Safety Car - I've never seen it once in 2012 and I've witnessed (and caused :]) some epic shunts. Also have it be used for rolling starts in extreme wet weather starts.

Weather - it would be interesting to see the effects of wind speed and direction across a race track and how it effects the handling of a car.

Multiplayer - It would be nice to have an option so the race starts only if alle players have clicked "Ready".

View - It is obvious you could not care less for cockpit view (mirrors blocking the apices or corners etc.) WHY DID YOU PROGRAM THE POPUP WINDOW WITH INFORMATION WHO IS JOINING OR LEAVING THE LOBBY APPEARING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE WHEEL, MOST OF THE TIME OBSCURING THE GEAR INDICATOR AND REV LIGHTS IN COCKPIT?

AI - AI drivers get penalised for bad driving.

Probable release date - 9/23/2013.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/7/2013, 5:05 pm

Sniper, looks like you might get your wish:

Historic Racing Scenarios Planned for F1 2013?
Published on April 22nd, 2013

Senior games designer Ross Gowing hints at design focus of future Codemasters racer.

F1 2013 will boast historical racing content from Formula One’s past if recent comments from Codemasters are to be taken at face value.

F1 2012 was a solid racer, but lacked that spark a yearly series needs to prompt fans to reinvest. Could historical racing scenarios bring back this series from the brink of stagnation?

We asked GRID 2′s senior games designer Ross Gowing what he thought about the prospect of adding historical racing content to video games, like that shown in the award-winning documentary Senna and Rod Howard’s Rush, a biopic which details the rivalry between Nicki Laudi and James Hunt during F1′s 1976 season, and he had this to say.

“Not specifically on GRID 2, but another Codemasters title may have an announcement that would interest you later in the year,” he remarked.

Now we know what you’re thinking, really is that it? Is that the only comment you have to go on? Yes, but think about Ross’ comments for just a moment.

Last year Codemasters only released three games, two based on Formula One (F1 Race Stars and F1 2012) and DiRT 3. This year Codemasters’ slate is officially only GRID 2, but with F1 2010, F1 2011, and F1 2012 released over previous years it would be an easy to assume that the UK developer’s next game will be F1 2013, which we suspect will be out this September.

Senna versus Mansell is one of many driver battles that deserve highlighting, but ow would Codies do them justice? World Copyright – LAT Photographic via Wikimedia.

Not only that but the creative director of Codemasters F1 series, Steve Hood, has previously spoken of his desire to get historical content into the officially licensed racer, and it appears this year the developer may have pulled it off.

“When you talk about historical stuff, we really want it!” explained an extremely passionate Hood to GamerZines, way back in 2011.

“I want to be able to race the ’92 Monaco race with Senna versus Mansell as a particular scenario – it would be awesome!”

Hood even previously revealed to us how Codemasters Birmingham could potentially build historical racing content into their modern yearly-iterated F1 series, via a selection of standalone scenarios a kin to Champions Mode as seen in last year’s game.

“I think it’s more likely for the first instance to get individual cars and build scenarios around them, rather than building the entire field in a season.”

F1 2013 is a couple of months away from being officially unveiled, if previous years are anything to go by, but if Codemasters really are going for a more historical take on the world’s most glamorous motorsport then consider us well and truly onboard.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sniper919 5/8/2013, 9:02 am

YES!!
Sniper919
Sniper919
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by RR Rowdy Burns 5/13/2013, 9:57 am

Would there be any interest in doing a series on a week night? I really would like to get involved in this game again but on a week night.
RR Rowdy Burns
RR Rowdy Burns
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/13/2013, 8:42 pm

I guess you could run a concurrent one, maybe with assists? Many sites do that, but of course it dilutes the field for both. However, some may not be joining now because assists are banned or some may jump ship. Which is ok. People could always run both.

The idea when I jump-started the old idea of F1 (and most people I think agree with) was that it's more exciting to follow the actual season. After you watch Monza, for instance, you get to jump on and run a 50% race. Plus, the hype leading up to the race (practice, qualifying, track talk) makes you want to play the track even more.

Also, I really wanted this to be a whole different experience than Forza. not only is the game much different, as you know, but I would have gone so far as to force cockpit view (I relented because that would really have about four brave souls running) and brake line (which will be banned next year). This year, I have deliberately tried to run this thing collaboratively, adjusting as I went along, with majority or unanimous votes to actually change things mid-stream. There was no "top-down" approach to the series, both because I'm new and because it gives others more investment in the game.

But more than that, the idea was to try to simulate actually driving in the F1 series to the greatest detail possible. Following the schedule was part of that, but so was banning assists, limiting steward involvement, faithfully following the points system, and now running the weather that actually happens during the actual race.

This series will end in November. By that time, the new console will be coming out, but Codemasters will be releasing F1 2013 on the old platform. So, the plan is to run another series like this, but with brake line banned and maybe dynamic weather back (but maybe not, since people seem to like the new system).

Of course, the founders could always override, but things are going pretty well and interest has only increased. Attendance, however, is spotty. And to be honest, every weekday was taken there for a while. Even Saturdays. I know the Sunday time slot is pretty sought after, but I'd hate to be bumped and I think there is time to run races in between F1 events.

As for running on weekdays, I come full circle. Take a look at: http://www.apexracingleague.com/forumdisplay.php?69-X360-F1-Championship-Leagues

They have a farm system. Maybe we could do something like that on the weekdays?

Back to top Go down

Post by RR Rowdy Burns 5/13/2013, 9:03 pm

Reason I ask is that I cannot make the early race due to work. I would have to purchase the game again but that's no problem. I can pick it up on Friday. I really was seeing what the interest was in a second F1 series.
RR Rowdy Burns
RR Rowdy Burns
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/13/2013, 10:46 pm

I would try to run both as much as possible. To learn it better.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/14/2013, 3:40 am

RR Rowdy Burns wrote:I really was seeing what the interest was in a second F1 series.

Well, depending on how GRID2 turns out, it may be high enough. But if you are just wanting open wheel on different tracks (as opposed to F1 specifically) the IndyCar series I was talking about (I hear they are even going to have a Monaco race in it, although I think it's point to point) may be a good option.

I'd be willing to participate when I can if you want to start something. Maybe I can convince Hellisan to tutor me by begging him and being willing to run assists until I get better. Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by RR Rowdy Burns 5/14/2013, 10:25 am

I'm not buying grid 2. After watching all the drifting during the races, nah. Lol

I guess I just want a sim racing game that is new to me. I know I already had f1 but the only reason I stopped playing it was no one was playing it. Lol
RR Rowdy Burns
RR Rowdy Burns
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 5/14/2013, 11:05 am

Hey Rowdy, there are quite a few of us playing it now so if yet get it again we can always organise some one off session (that exclude Monaco!) I'm sure we'll get some interest
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by RR Rowdy Burns 5/14/2013, 11:37 am

Ok. I will pick it up. I will have it no later than Friday.
RR Rowdy Burns
RR Rowdy Burns
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 5/14/2013, 11:40 am

Exclude Monaco excuse me but what a disgrace LMAO. Thats nearly as bad as saying Liverpool FC will win the premiership next season full of sh1t LOL. Sorry owen couldn't resist.
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 5/14/2013, 1:18 pm

You're a barrel of laughs Del. we'll how you Mancs get on for the next 10 years without Fergie!
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 5/14/2013, 1:20 pm

Hes not gone sir just moved upstairs lol
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Bondzai 5/14/2013, 2:02 pm

We all know Chelsea will dominate now that Sir Alex is gone.

Bondzai
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/14/2013, 9:09 pm

I was watching an ESPN creeper the other day that said Chelsea won and thought of Chelsea, the MIA racer. I know nothing about English Football, but I didn't know Fergie played for one of the teams! That's enough to make me a fan of theirs. She's hot.

Rowdy, I hate it that we can't get a Sunday time that would allow you to play, but we are sort of boxed in. Would moving t back an hour or two cause anyone else to not be able to play? Would it allow you to join, Rowdy? Maybe it's a possibility.

I'm still reserving judgment on GRID2. I just can't believe that it will be as arcadey as the in game trailers seem to indicate. Codemasters had a good track record and I think they are intentionally releasing game footage with players who will appeal to the drift/arcade kiddies. Plus, it's the only real possibility of having an IndyCar series.

But an off-schedule F1 series on a weekday that acts as a feeder or even a stand alone, with assists allowed maybe, or other things that aren't quite as "harsh" as the current series (or, hell, harsher, lol) would be great. I say the more the merrier. I'd be happy to run in it and help in any way I could.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/14/2013, 11:46 pm

2012 f1 is my first f1 game and I am completely lost. I don't understand when passing why do I get penalized? so with that note I don't play that game as much, and really been thinking about trading it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/15/2013, 1:50 am

Hard to say without seeing the replay. Personally, I like the penalty system because drivers (albeit sometimes more randomly than I'd like) get penalized for not driving clean. Real clean. This generally works well when there are no A.I. on the track. You have to treat the A.I. with kid gloves lest you get a penalty. Of course, they never do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 5/15/2013, 10:15 am

Rocbotm wrote:2012 f1 is my first f1 game and I am completely lost. I don't understand when passing why do I get penalized? so with that note I don't play that game as much, and really been thinking about trading it.

When you overtake you're meant to be as clean as possible and you cannot cut across another cars racing line thus forcing them to brake suddendly to avoid contact. If you're ahead of them into a corner and you have the racing line they will (should) yield, and so should you with them. Don't be too agressive and force the issue as you will get a penalty.

I'm no expert (far from it!), but in my experience in all F1 sims I've raced I find that braking earlier and going for an undercut is less likely to get you a penalty than braking late aggressively for the inside line unless you can do it completely clean and can get into the corner just ahead of (not side by side with) the car you're overtaking.

Also, overtaking on a straight using DRS, what ever you do don't cut across the other cars racing line causing them to brake have to suddenly brake - wait until your a good distance ahead (quickly look behind to check - I think it's the 'A' button on a controller).

What you must remember is that any form of contact can ruin yours or the other drivers race, as Formula cars are not a structurally resillient as other cars and minor damage can severely affect the balance, handling and performance of the car.

I hope this helps. Don't lose faith in the game.
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/16/2013, 3:42 am

I'm not sure what you played before, but one of the strengths of F1 is that it tries to mimic real life driving, which is a LOT more courteous than it looks on T.V. Even your average Forza race at Realistic, with a bunch of clean drivers will result in many many crashes that are rare in, say, an ALMS race or Indycar race. (First turn drama aside). This is, of course, because there are no physical consequences (either to the body or the car) in a game.

In F1, all this courteousness is exaggerated, both in real life and in the game. Mostly, for the reasons Owen so eloquently explained, but also because the cars are so fast, the stakes are so high, and the drivers are consummate professionals.

So, for instance, if you DON'T let a faster car pass (if you are lapped) or you make more than one move (or deviation from your normal line) when someone is trying to pass you for points, you can receive a penalty. Why? Because excessive blocking causes frustration and can lead to aggression and the faster driver will eventually win the race anyway. Also, you can't touch another car, in general. Wheel to wheel contact can lead to disaster and bodywork damage can effectively end someone's race (or yours). Also, "dangerous driving" is, in addition to what Owen explained, even forcing another driver (while approaching or from the side) to alter their normal driving line while you are passing them. Other things too, like staying off track to long or spinning and re-entering too close to another car get the same treatment. But the thing that most gamers don't get is that race drivers in the Formula tiers use the same etiquette that you would on the highway. Ever had someone speed in front of you, just to slow way down to exit off the road? Well, don't do that when you pass either, unless the other driver had to brake at the same rate too.

This is a good time to have this discussion because now that the penalties are set to "full" instead of "reduced" you may see more of this...and rightly so. This is one of the best features of F1 and one of the biggest failings of Forza. I hope Forza5 implements some sort of in game penalty system.

In reality, most of the passing in real life Formula is done ONLY on a long straight, by out breaking someone into the corner, if it's for position. This is not to say there have not been some real battles, turn in, turn out in races. But as any true F1 fan will tell you, it's the *potential* for disaster while driving clean and passing each other in a heated duel, that really gets the adrenalin flowing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 5/17/2013, 3:20 pm

Very well put October, and I note that despite the penalty system being on full for our series and we have AI, there has not been many penalties issued since Malaysia, which shows how clean and respectful our (our) series is.

Rocbotm (great gamertag btw) if you want, we can set up some sessions online as an introduction. If there's a few of us interested it should be fun without the pressure of the championship.
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by RR Rowdy Burns 5/17/2013, 4:05 pm

I am purchasing the game within the hour but will not be playing it until later on tonight. Smile, Sad lol
RR Rowdy Burns
RR Rowdy Burns
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next