Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #
Realistic Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BAHRAIN PREDICTIONS? - LOTUS LOOKS STRONG!

2 posters

Go down

BAHRAIN PREDICTIONS? - LOTUS LOOKS STRONG! Empty BAHRAIN PREDICTIONS? - LOTUS LOOKS STRONG!

Post by Guest 4/16/2013, 5:55 pm

With just five days between the end of the Chinese Grand Prix and the beginning of practice in Bahrain, teams have limited time to bring upgrades. However Lotus will have some new parts to test this weekend:

“We won’t be bringing anything particularly revolutionary on top of the China upgrades, but we will trial a suspension modification – internal rather than to the wishbones – which is an evolution of something we ran to good effect during pre-season,” said Lotus' Technical Director Allison.
“You’re always trying to find the right compromise between the mechanical grip that the suspension’s articulation offers to the tyres and holding the aerodynamic platform at the optimum height from the road, and we believe this is a step forward in helping us achieve that. There are things that are special about Bahrain which might make us more optimistic. For example, it is one of the most aggressive tracks on the rear tyres and if we have a particular strength it does seem to be that when we get the car set up just right it does seem to use the tyres rather gently. Secondly, in Kimi in particular, we have a driver who is able to get the car to go quickly without really burdening the rear axle.”

And Kimi says "tire wear? WTF are you talking about?" --

“I think you can push on these tyres, but it’s never perfect,” he said. “You cannot always push 100%. I think they are very good in qualifying and have good grip, so it’s up to you and you have to look after them a bit more in the race. It’s not really any different from last year – at least for us anyway – so I don’t really understand why people are complaining.”

Back to top Go down

BAHRAIN PREDICTIONS? - LOTUS LOOKS STRONG! Empty Re: BAHRAIN PREDICTIONS? - LOTUS LOOKS STRONG!

Post by Owen0501 4/18/2013, 6:26 pm

They're running the medium compound this race.

I don't think I can look past Kimi for the win, but would love to see Hamilton and Mercedes with race pace!
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

BAHRAIN PREDICTIONS? - LOTUS LOOKS STRONG! Empty Re: BAHRAIN PREDICTIONS? - LOTUS LOOKS STRONG!

Post by LethalHoudini 4/18/2013, 6:32 pm

Alonso
kimi
Hamilton
button - HOPEFULLY LOL
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 4/18/2013, 6:36 pm

Del, you know me - want Button to do well, but McLaren need some upgrades!!! Don't get me started on Joke Perez!
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 4/18/2013, 6:38 pm

I think Perez will come good in 2/3 seasons hes very young they were always looking long term from what I heard. I have also heard theyl have more upgrades this week still a long way to go but button is usually pretty quick here
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/18/2013, 9:19 pm

i think red bull will pull their socks up for this one, but i hope its between alonso kimi and hamilton

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/19/2013, 1:15 am

1. Kimi (on one less stop).
2. Webber (now that he is mad, he was fast, but was unlucky in China).
3. Alonso (always seems to have good season starts).

FLOR - Vettel (who else?)
PP - Hamilton (drives well by himself, and has a good car)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/21/2013, 9:56 am

LOTUS 2/3. Another damn Vettel win. Webber loses 5th and dropped to 7th on last lap! Damn! How about giving Mark the good equipment for once RBR!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/21/2013, 10:09 am

Perez was driving a little like ME today! Maybe I need to get in that car instead. Then when I run people off track, I can just say I am Perez!

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 4/21/2013, 10:25 am

Webbers place wasn't due to lack of equipment this time sir
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/21/2013, 10:29 am

I know - overagressive driving killed his tires! But I am anti-Vettel, soooooo I had to point the blame away from Webber somehow! Haha! He was really pushing hamilton's buttons at the end though huh?

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 4/21/2013, 10:32 am

im anti Vettel anttitude but pro honesty lol
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/21/2013, 10:40 am

I did not lie.....I honestly BELIEVE that Vettel is given the better equipment of the two. I did say he killed his own tires lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 4/21/2013, 11:59 am

Hogge, we won't mind you knocking your team mate off the track in our series - fill your boots mate Smile

Driver of the day has to be Alonso - great drive with no DRS.

Anyone know why Hamilton used the medium compound tyres in his second stint? Probably cost him a place.
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/22/2013, 8:28 am

I agree, even though Alonso has probably one of the best machines money can buy, lack of DRS really highlighted just how skillful and consistent he is.

But my money, and my bias, goes to Kimi. Dropped back to eighth, and was consistent. clean, and passed some good drivers with ANOTHER dinged up front wing. A late in his third stint, set the fastest lap of the race for a few minutes (2 stop strategy) on his way to second. All in a team with no title sponsor and 1/2 the money of Ferrari. I hope Lotus can keep him.

Webber is a second tier driver in equal machinery, any way you cut it. Red Bull wants the constructors (the real payout) and will not compromise their cars, if they are smart, and I'm sure they are. He simply does not have the ability to "turn it up" when he needs to like Vettel. A much as you or anyone hates Vettel, you can't deny his talent.

Will be interesting if Kimi goes to Red Bull next year. That's a one-two punch that may have no equal, except for maybe Loeb-Alonso. lol.

As for Perez, the team principal, when interviewed later, said that McLaren, unlike other teams, encourage teammates to compete and do not give "orders" because the one being always will feel slighted. However, he did think the scrape with Hamilton's tire brushing his wing, was not within the boundaries of team competition, and he will be "debriefed" in private about this. But otherwise, the Chief said it was a good scrap, even if a bit nerve wrecking.

Stroker -"Multi-21" rest of season.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/22/2013, 8:31 am

Smh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down