Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #
Realistic Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

F1 Dashboard App

2 posters

Go down

F1 Dashboard App Empty F1 Dashboard App

Post by Owen0501 6/11/2013, 10:02 am

Sadly not for Xbox.

I'm home today with lots of spare time and found this dashboard app or F1 2012 on the PC. It only runs on Android so I've got it one my sons tablet. Pretty good especially if you run in cockpit view and I now know that I was constantly changing gears up too late!

http://www.sensadigit.com/f1-201x-dirt

F1 2012 is the RBR option. Would be great if they did this on iPad, and even better on Xbox!!!

Last edited by Owen0501 on 6/12/2013, 3:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

F1 Dashboard App Empty Re: F1 Dashboard App

Post by Guest 6/11/2013, 6:25 pm

I think I know what you are talking about even though the site didn't open. It's like the real telemetry you see on the F1 international feeds. Very compact, but very informative. (Ever watch a NASCAR race where they fill up the screen with all sorts of crap so you can barely see the race!).

That app would be a godsend on xbox Owen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/11/2013, 6:31 pm

SMH....... Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/12/2013, 1:20 am

I know, I know. Still busting on NASCAR. To be fair, it's not NASCAR's fault, most likely.
Fox ruined ice hockey coverage for a while in the early late 80's early 90's (remember the "lighted" puck behind the boards and the blue streak that trailed it when it was shot?) Mein Got! And Fox is THE worst for that crap. Crawlers at the top, shit at the bottom, and gophers on the screen with arrows pointing to the cars with a little cartoon box above the cars, following them around the track? What is this, car racing for 12 year olds?
I think it's more of an American T.V. disaster than anything else. The NFL is largely like that too, although they have dialed it back a bit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 6/12/2013, 3:11 am

Yes, that's the one (updated the broken link - sorry)

Using it yesterday I can only say good things about it. They do versions for other sims as well. Pretty cool.
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/13/2013, 2:49 am

I was thinking of the round version you see on the screen. Something like this (but with KERS and DRS indicators too):
(but some of the ones you posted look even better)
F1 Dashboard App Screenshot2010-04-16at001320

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 6/13/2013, 4:41 pm

With smartglass I thought Codemasters or T10 would have brought an official app out for the Xbox, but these developers seem to be so shortsighted nowadays! Such a shame!
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR MeRiCA 6/13/2013, 5:09 pm

I LIKED THE PUCK WITH THE LIGHTED TAIL...
HCR MeRiCA
HCR MeRiCA
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/14/2013, 12:23 am

Russ, you can't be serious. Shouldn't you be banned from Wisconsin, then? I mean, the Canadians went absolutely ballistic (you know, the world home of hockey) over that crap. Thank God HD effectively killed it forever.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/14/2013, 12:30 am

And, exactly Owen. Why not use the exact same version you see on the T.V. in Codemasters has all the rights and what not? Obviously, they have some way of getting it. One side of me kind of likes the fact that cockpit is bare bones. Sorta keeps it real and all. But the other side thinks that it can never be truly real, and isn't, so why make you rely on a "wheel" that's impossible to see and does not work right half the time? Don't get me wrong, I love the wheel and the detail they went into, but DRS light should be bigger and should WORK when applicable. KERS in orange is about right, as is speed and RPM, and gear.

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 6/14/2013, 7:00 am

As you know, I also use cockpit view and find it frustrating that it's near impossible to see DRS or KERS!. When racing on the PC I use a mod that gives me this view - don'twhy Codemasters can't give the option in the game! A shame the Xbox version cannot be modded!

F1 Dashboard App Cockpi10
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down