Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #
Realistic Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Early pitting under caution vote.

3 posters

Go down

Resolution to pitting under caution.

Early pitting under caution vote. I_vote_lcap25%Early pitting under caution vote. I_vote_rcap 25% 
[ 3 ]
Early pitting under caution vote. I_vote_lcap75%Early pitting under caution vote. I_vote_rcap 75% 
[ 9 ]

Total Votes : 12

Poll closed

Early pitting under caution vote. Empty Early pitting under caution vote.

Post by s0ul harv3st 12/30/2014, 5:41 pm

Here are some points to consider before voting. The vote is open for 5 days and must have at least 10 votes for me to considered it a valid poll. I encourage everyone in the series to vote.

Pros for Status Quo
1. With no points awarded to victims in this series, this lessens the sting from being wrecked.
2. Potential dangers with over aggressive driving by victim driver's trying to get their "spot" back.
3. Victim drivers gain the time it takes to pit but lose the time it takes to run through the field of slower drivers.

Cons against Status Quo
1. Potential for drivers to intentionally wreck "accidentally on purpose" to gain an advantage.
2. Potential for non-involved drivers to be disadvantaged. Particularly when a caution falls shortly before the pit window. The closer to the window the worse the disadvantage.

Please feel free to comment on any other pros and cons you feel are important to the situation.

Last edited by s0ul harv3st on 2/15/2015, 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
s0ul harv3st
s0ul harv3st
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Early pitting under caution vote. Empty Re: Early pitting under caution vote.

Post by Gargos 12/30/2014, 6:06 pm

I think the faster drivers are always going to find their way to the front as evidenced by last night, but I do see an inheritant advantage to pitting early and under caution. I am against it counting. At fault or not, accidents should set a driver back. Pitting early negates that accident altogether. I would add a 3rd option. If allowing it to count as the required pit, then open the pit for all racers to allow anybody to take advantage of that. Drivers could still elect to stay out and risk pitting under green. Had the accident victims had to make a 2nd pit stop last night I'm sure the results would have been very different.
Gargos
Gargos
Engineer
Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by STANMAN911 12/30/2014, 6:27 pm

Well said Gargos. I had not considered how different the results would have been last night under a different scenario requiring those involved in the accident to also pit during the mandatory pit window. I'm sure they would have. It's unfortunate that there's also innocent drivers involved in an accident, but that's where penalty's should come into play for the person deemed to be at fault for the accident.

STANMAN911
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Back to top Go down

Post by s0ul harv3st 1/5/2015, 9:51 am

Thanks for the participation guys.

Motion to amend the pitting under caution rule is passed 75% for 25% against.
s0ul harv3st
s0ul harv3st
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down