Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #
Realistic Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SCCA enduro season 2015

Go down

SCCA enduro season 2015 Empty SCCA enduro season 2015

Classic rookie mistake. A miscommunication between my team mate and I left he oil cap off the engine right before the 1 1/2 hr endure we ran at palm beach international raceway this past weekend. That being said, as oil sprays out of the motor, down and under the car heading for the tires, it made it very unpredictable on the track. I thought I was due to not liking the new tires. The motor lost enough oil to make a mess and the tires slick, but not enough to damage it thankfully.
Skywarp 72
Skywarp 72
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

SCCA enduro season 2015 :: Comments

Skywarp 72

Post 5/19/2015, 6:46 am by Skywarp 72

Back to top Go down

Skywarp 72

Post 5/19/2015, 6:47 am by Skywarp 72

Back to top Go down

Skywarp 72

Post 7/2/2015, 3:33 pm by Skywarp 72

Exactly one month after the big ceash, with my rib about healed but my hand feeling like it's gonna fall off I decided to climb back in that race car, and it never felt so good.
The weekend started out problematic, repairing the lights on the trailer had been a week long fiasco with a shop I'll never deal with again. Picking up the car from the shop my teammate has it worked on at 2pm. It wasn't ready. 4 hrs later it was finally done and after that long of a wait then it was the four hr drive to Miami homestead Which put us there just a little after dark with not enough lights on the trailer.race morning I was feeling great as we had rented one of the Nascar garages to park and work out of but due to our late start the day before we had to park a ways away from it, and my body didn't like that.
The weekend consisted of double enduros, both races being 1 1/2hrs. The first day I didn't hit the record button on the go pro properly and it was a shame cuz the start saw me facing the wall on the straightaway on the start due to some kid trying to wreck me. 11 laps in however a misshift coming out of turn three while HOT on the trail of second place left me with what felt like a broken throttle cable. Came into the pits and lifted the hood to find the cable loose, but the throttle body itself busted.
With no yards open we find another throttle body an hr away, so a two hr round trip and we were back in business. The next days race is the video posted. Again around 11 laps in the same part broke, only this time full throttle going down the front straight. Now when these break, finding out its a common problem, the throttle sticks wherever it breaks so it was like a stuck throttle. Pulling in the pits my weekend was over. 350 in gas, 60 entry fees 150 hitel, food and extra bs to make roughly 22 laps. I know that's racing and just glad it didnt happen at daytona.

Back to top Go down

Skywarp 72

Post 7/2/2015, 3:42 pm by Skywarp 72

SCCA enduro season 2015 20150610
SCCA enduro season 2015 20150611

Back to top Go down

Skywarp 72

Post 7/2/2015, 3:43 pm by Skywarp 72

Back to top Go down

Skywarp 72

Post 7/4/2015, 3:47 pm by Skywarp 72

The throttle cable breaking

Back to top Go down

Skywarp 72

Post 9/7/2015, 6:33 pm by Skywarp 72

The first return to sebring since my initial sprint race of 20 mins proved to be both thrilling and disappointing. My first time there was my first time on track-my only time on track, and I haven't been back on since due to the lack of enduro races that CFR (central florida region) hosts and without my own car I am only ale to run the endures with my teammate. Everything in SCCA seems to be rushed, and its just not how im used to operating. As you know I come from a circle track background and in circle track there can often be hours in between races due to how many classes are running on that given night, its given me a relaxed demeanor that I learned in SCCA this weekend, just isn't going to cut it.

The practice, qualifying and enduro were very close together, especially the quali and enduro. in between those two I rushed down to the registration area to get signed up for the PDX, in the meantime Brian, my teammate prepped the car for the track, he found that the clutch fluid was filthy and given that the car was having trouble upshifting to third it was gone to be beneficial to clean out the system and change it. In that rush, wheels were torqued, air pressures were set, belts reset, oil was checked, cool shirt system refilled with ice and water....Everything but gas... I got back just in time to jump in the car and roll it up to grid. Once on grid I looked at the gas gauge and it was a cunt hair under 1/4. Knowing wasn't getting far on that I rolled off of grid and back to the pits and to my dismay everyone in the pits had driven to separate areas of the track to watch the race, so I had to unbuckle, gas up the car and buckle back in by myself and the race had already done one of the two pace laps. By he time I did all his and went to roll out to the pits, the officials held me there as the second pace lap ended and the race began. The track immediately went to caution because of some mishap in turn 7 and once the field went by to complete lap 1 I was officially down a lap and was released to the way behind the end of the field.
I did My best to catch up, knowing I wasn't going to catch up but if I laid down some good laps and stayed consistent I could surpass those who would not finish the race. I stayed for an hour stint in the car before my teammate signaled me to come in the pits, near the end of the run there was NOBODY around me so I backed it off a few seconds just tryin to save wear and tear on the equipment. Once he took over he got all the fun lol as it started raining and he made some great passes just taking it easy.
It paid off. I pulled the fastest laptime at 2.50 (of course I was in the dry)and we somehow placed 6th out of 14 in our class, the control tower did not count me as a lap down they just counted my first lap as almost 5 mins, I don't know if it was a mistake or someone in the tower taking pitty, but I'll take it either way. Some video will be forthcoming, but its not all that since the field w well spread out by the time I hit the track.

Back to top Go down

Skywarp 72

Post 9/7/2015, 6:40 pm by Skywarp 72

(Please read the above post as well its new!)

The PDX was an entirely different story....

Needless to say the Impy performed gloriously! I got 4 15 min sessions during the performance driving event. Think of a track day. We are not allowed to pass in the corners, only the straights and you have to be signaled by the driver ahead as to what side to pass on. This was my first PDX since Daytona of last year where I blew the trans in the Impy on the first lap.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down