Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #
Realistic Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2012 Pre-Season

4 posters

Go down

2012 Pre-Season Empty 2012 Pre-Season

Post by Sniper919 2/23/2012, 1:14 pm

So am I the only one that thinks the car this year look hideous? Except the McLaren who hopefully run away with it to end the "step-down" design.
Sniper919
Sniper919
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

2012 Pre-Season Empty Re: 2012 Pre-Season

Post by LethalHoudini 3/14/2012, 6:07 am

Well people only 1 day to wait til P1 when we'l get the first real look at the cars on the track sadly it will be another day's wait til we see em driven in anger then we will see who has a good car under them.

My hopes - Button for the win (I don't mind if Red Bull n Ferarri wanna take chunks out of each other for that to happen lol.

Also hope Caterham have a good weekend

I also think Renault could be dark horse outsider bets for good points this year as well as I think Mercedes will move closer to the guys at the front this year and maybe Shumey will out perform Rosberg, you heard it here first however if im wrong everyone thinks Shumey is washed up anyway lol. I just think if the car is good maybe hel work his magic once again.

I think the whole step down nose vs conventional sloping nose battle is an interesting 1. I hope McLaren have it right but hey lets be honest Adrian Newey doen't get it wrong very often, however if he has not only is that great news it gets better when you think they gotta sit in the ugliest car all year LMAO.

As well ive seen some very interesting ways of still using exhaust flow to increase downforce on many cars in different ways even to the extent of fitting mini wing plates on the inside of the rear wheels etc. Now my question is this, If 1 car is truly dominant will they hit on these inventions as foul of the rear blown defuser ban, now I now they aren't working the same as last years rear blown defuser's but to be honest I bet they aren't much different in performance term etc etc.

so whats your thoughts guys?
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/14/2012, 7:25 am

I still want Hamilton for the title, but at the same time I'd find it hilarious if he and Massa continued their personal destruction derby routine.

I'd really piss myself if Raikkonen took the title, gave the finger and retired!

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 3/14/2012, 7:40 am

I had to laugh at the McLaren unveiling of their car as Hamilton was asked to describe the changes to their car he said "it has better more stable mirrors than last years car which was something im glad about" mmmm I think Button, Massa and a few others are more glad than him cos now perhaps he'l actually see them before they cruise by LOL.
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/14/2012, 8:13 am

Del, that's just hating... Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 3/14/2012, 8:45 am

LOL hate is a little strong, but I lost all respect for him when he blatantly lied to the FIA etc etc. That being said he is a quality driver obviously but wish hed lose those gung ho moves etc I think hed be a better driver.
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 3/15/2012, 2:22 pm

Love or 'hate' Hamilton, he sure is watchable!

Aside from the demolition derby with Massa, one of my best moments of 2011 was watching Hamilton v Kobayashi - Yield... Yield... YIELD..... oh ***k!!

I was a big fan of Hamilton, but to be honest I have turned more into a Button fan now. Come on the Brits!!!

Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 3/15/2012, 2:25 pm

I think Button won my drive of the season last year. I think it was Canada in the rain when he went from last place to win pressuring Vettel into a mistake.
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 3/15/2012, 4:53 pm

Yes, that drive turned me into a Button fan over Hamilton - and the fact that he doesn't make an @rse of himself in the post match interviews - doesn't quote Ali G!!!
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/15/2012, 6:39 pm

I hear ya guys.. I probably do have more respect for Button as a person (not that I know the guy or anything), but I prefer watching Hamilton drive.
And Monaco aside, he wasn't fully responsible for all the incidents last year imo.

And yeah, Canada was fucking awesome and well worth 5 hours of my time. Button did get a lot more respect from me after that one.

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 3/15/2012, 7:11 pm

Oh I agree Hamilton is exciting to watch and will try more risky moves and when they work they are amazing for sure. As you already know I was amazed by Button in F3 years ago and knew he was something a bit special as well as having the chance to meet him and chat a few times. I also like the way Button has the ability to make tyre calls in the wet etc etc. The bottom line for me is they are both ex world champions they just do things a little different but I also think having 2 drivers with different ways but both capable of getting the job done is great for McLaren. I to don't believe Hamilton was at fault for all the incidents last season plus he had a lot going on away from F1, I just hope he's more settled and at peace with himself cos when his head is in the right place he's a great driver and always on the edge.
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 3/15/2012, 7:13 pm

I like the look of the new Force India and with Paul Di Resta at the wheel he could pick up some good points this year and Mr Kimi in the Lotus.
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by luongo27 3/15/2012, 9:57 pm

Lotus looks quick, some saying that it might be on the podium Smile
luongo27
luongo27
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 3/16/2012, 8:33 am

Schumi?? Fastest in P2?? Ok, I know it's nothing to go by really, but wouldn't that be something?!!!

And Del, yes Hamilton had a lot going on off the track last year - most of which were being influenced by keeping the wrong company (Bloody Nicole S!!)! Sadly he's back with her (or so my wife tells me) so I'm not convinced his head is going to be in the right place for the whole of the season! He should let his Daddy run his life for him again!!

Force India? I worried that they're going to struggle because their owner is in financial trouble!

http://zeenews.india.com/business/companies/kingfisher-cuts-int-l-flights-pulled-up-by-dgca-for-cancellations_43853.html

Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by luongo27 3/16/2012, 1:22 pm

Wouldn't worry about force India's finance. Kingfisher is one of many companies that fernandez has. He will just put another one of his companies names on it.
luongo27
luongo27
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 3/17/2012, 6:51 am

luongo27 wrote:Lotus looks quick, some saying that it might be on the podium Smile

Well it was certainly quicker than the Red Bulls! Grosjean qualifying in 3rd - wow! Too many mistakes from Kimi in Q1 but we now know wht the car can do!

just shows how much Red Bull are missing the blown diffuser!!

All McClaren front row - think the other cars will be getting a nose job soon??? LOL

Come on the Brits!
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 3/18/2012, 8:44 am

Wow what a race, I think were looking at potentially the best F1 season for many years. Close racing, overtakes good drives drama strategy everything F1 should be, now all they gotta do is lose the politics. Well what can we say it was the JB show.
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/18/2012, 7:12 pm

Yeah, JB did well.
Wish Hamilton would stop sulking whenever it's not a perfect day... Vettel was catching him, but I reckon the safety car gave him that 2nd place without doubt.

Really enjoyed the action in the first 25-30 laps.

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 3/19/2012, 7:56 pm

Now that's racing!!Hamilton was unlucky, but let's face it, he wasn't driving Hamilton style, and he certainly didn't have the race pace of Button.

Ferrari battling it with Williams??? Oh dear! Early days though
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 3/20/2012, 3:34 pm

I had to laugh I just read this from Jenson Buttons twitter "so pumped for the weekend that I decided to wear my race suit to the airport" LMAO
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 3/21/2012, 7:20 pm

DelZaster wrote:I had to laugh I just read this from Jenson Buttons twitter "so pumped for the weekend that I decided to wear my race suit to the airport" LMAO

you see, now that's personality!! Like Sutil wearing is racing gloves and shoes when playing online!! Mind you, I think he used those gloves for more than driving LOL
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down