Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #
Realistic Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Race 2- KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA (WITH RESULTS)

+2
Bronn Edward
Owen0501
6 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Race 2- KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA (WITH RESULTS) - Page 3 Empty Re: Race 2- KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA (WITH RESULTS)

Post by Owen0501 4/7/2013, 6:20 pm

Well that was more fun than Melbourne (not having a banging hangover!).

Kizza, sorry about your front wing - was trying to give you enough room

Luongo, sorry I didn't score more points but I crashed trying to find the pit lane entrance when changing for wets (drove along the gravel into a dead end - if you saw it you'd have wet yourself laughing!) and then lost around 30 seconds trying to recover and missed the pit lane so had to run an extra lap on the options - cost me 3 places (although I regained one because KikRox got a penalty).

Was good to see everyone turn up and a shame Bronn lagged out.

Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Race 2- KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA (WITH RESULTS) - Page 3 Empty Re: Race 2- KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA (WITH RESULTS)

Post by Guest 4/7/2013, 6:47 pm

I agree, Owen. i had a blast. The competition seems to be tiered well. Bronn, buddy, sorry you lagged, you would have given sniper and luongo a run for their money.

Kik, hard but clean racing that last couple of laps. That was great. No penalties and no damage, for either, I believe. What it's all about...

Sniper, once again, very nice job. New title - Rain Man. Can't get that with Forza. You seemed comfortable in all the conditions. Harry, I'm sure you will be up to speed fast, especially with no rain. Ace, you were right in the middle of things out of the box. This should be tooth and nail for the constructors. Sleepers = Sauber.

I'll update the standings and post the video (shitty camera angle on the TV, but I'll work on it) ASAP. Then, on to Shanghai!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/7/2013, 7:10 pm

MALAYSIA Lap Times and Other Data (in order of finish):

Sniper919 - fastest lap 1:40.587; qualifying position 6th.

luongo27 - fastest lap 1:41.815; qualifying position 1st.

KizzaGT - fastest lap 1:41.715; qualifying position 2nd.

RR Stroker Ace - fastest lap 1:43.535; qualifying position 4th.

OctoberDusk06 - fastest lap 1:46.131; qualifying position 8th.

KikRox268 - fastest lap 1:47.657; qualifying position 9th.

Owen0150 - fastest lap 1:45.806; qualifying position 5th.

RR Chelsea - fastest lap 1:47.834; qualifying position 7th.

RR Harry Hogge - fastest lap 1:53.577; qualifying position 10th.

Bronn Edward - fastest lap 1:41.006; qualifying position 3rd.

Back to top Go down

Post by KikRox268 4/8/2013, 1:02 am

Great racing everyone, especially you October. I thought you were a lap ahead of me for some reason, so when I caught up to you I didn't think it was for position, lol! But like you said, good close, clean, and hard racing down to the very end, I loved it.

And Congrats to my teammate bringing home another win!!!!!! Until next race my friends.

KikRox268
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 4/8/2013, 2:10 am

Hey October, I'm pretty sure I came in 6th - I was just behind you and Kikrox and he had a 20 second penalty applied with gave me 6th. Am I wrong?
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/8/2013, 3:02 am

Owen, you may very well be right about that. I was just going off my shitty replay camera which cut off the right side of the screen. I took the order as listed, but if the screen order didn't take into account the penalty, then I will have to recalculate. if I can see the times. Or someone remembers. Sounds like you do. Rox? Remember anything?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/8/2013, 3:19 am

Owen, I looked at the replay and you are entirely correct. My apologies, mate. I have adjusted the standings and restored your proper place in the order.

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 4/8/2013, 3:46 am

No problem.

If you sign up to racenet.codemasters.com you'll be able to see the results online and track friends progress.

Total race time:

Octoberdusk 50.21.223
Owen0501 50.24.314
Kikrox 50.42.323

Close!

I was closing in on you on you guys, but didn't realise that Sniper was on his final lap otherwise I would have pushed a bit harder (and probably spun off lol).

Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/8/2013, 10:20 am

Thanks for the tip. I'll have to get the code off my F1 game apparently, but I''ll give it a go. Nice to know we have you as a backup.

You were closing. Kik and I passed each other like 3-4 times in the last couple of laps. 9 out of 10, you get to drive around the spin! but we were pretty careful. All in all, great close racing in the penultimate motor class.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bronn Edward 4/8/2013, 10:53 am

Good race all! That was sure a lot of fun until my xbox crashed!....

I went off on turn 6 of the first lap, dropped back to 9th. Fought my way back up to 4th where it took me quite a few laps to close in on luongo's gearbox(Good driving mate). Just after I was finally able to go for a clean pass my xbox started having problems and crashed...

Sorry about not bringing any points home for Lotus October. I'm definitely going to be sharing a piece of my mind with the Lotus mechanics (Gamestop employees who sold me this used xbox...) I should be back in and ready to go for the next race. Looking forward to it! Smile

Bronn Edward
Lollipop Man
Lollipop Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/8/2013, 11:05 am

Get a used Elite if you are going Used. Anything at GameStop used OTHER THAN an Elite is junk. 3 months tops usually.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bronn Edward 4/8/2013, 11:14 am

Yeah, I was afraid of that when I bought my used xbox. For $30 though, they sold me a two year warranty where if it has any problems I can just walk in and exchange it for another used xbox. Sounded like a good deal at the time, but I am already on my third used xbox now in like 2 months... Now I'm hoping I can just limp along without having to spend much more $ until the new xbox comes out...

Bronn Edward
Lollipop Man
Lollipop Man

Back to top Go down

Post by luongo27 4/8/2013, 2:28 pm

Great race, i really enjoyed the racing last night. I had a clean run until the pit stops, when i decided stayed out a lap later than sniper, as the deluge worsened. After that slippery lap, i pitted and accidentally changed onto the prime tyre and had to do another even more lethal lap.

Bronn you we right in front of me when you lagged out, shot back 10-15 foot and scared the hell out of me lol.

Owen i think we did pretty well to get 2nd and 6th especially with the wet conditions.

luongo27
luongo27
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Bronn Edward 4/8/2013, 3:35 pm

lol, good, I knew you were right behind me. I was hoping my car didn't take you out right after I disconnected. I've had someone get disconnected right in front of me on a straight stretch before. I had to swerve to avoid his car, hit the grass, and right into to the wall...

Bronn Edward
Lollipop Man
Lollipop Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 4/8/2013, 4:19 pm

luongo27 wrote:Great race, i really enjoyed the racing last night. I had a clean run until the pit stops, when i decided stayed out a lap later than sniper, as the deluge worsened. After that slippery lap, i pitted and accidentally changed onto the prime tyre and had to do another even more lethal lap.

Bronn you we right in front of me when you lagged out, shot back 10-15 foot and scared the hell out of me lol.

Owen i think we did pretty well to get 2nd and 6th especially with the wet conditions.

Yeah, I guess I'm disappointed that not being able to find the freaking pit lane ruined my race and cost me / us a couple of places and driver / constructor points.
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 4/8/2013, 5:45 pm

But it was some of the most fun I've had on the track for a while and looking forward to a dry China!!
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/8/2013, 8:03 pm

Bronn, I figured as much. And don't worry I'm sure you will X5 my points by the end of the season. Hell, maybe my Monaco! I'm so paranoid that mine will crash, since the F1 races are locally hosted, if that happens the whole race goes down. I had a power spike the night before and thought, uh oh.

Changing weather conditions are some of the most frustrating things in the game. It's sort of like you have to take the good with the bad. I mean, rain is a fact of life that Forza wrongly omits, but many F1 veterans think there is a bit of a bug in the Codemasters system where they have coded in a certain scenario that MUST happen when the rain starts or stops. Usually, that means you have to go to Inters, and then, in a few laps, full wet. Or step down vice versa. I have been on the track that looked overcast, not a hint of rain to start, and was slick as hell (like Australia qualy) and then suddenly went dry. If you could tell by the sky, I guess it would be ok. I usually never depart from what the game wants to put me on once I feel the track get slippery or vice versa. (And Harry, you are right you would THINK that full wets would be a good choice if it's in between dry and a rainstorm (like real life), but that's not how it works, because there are more than a few laps where the full wets are almost as bad as the slicks, which, I think you found out).

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 4/9/2013, 8:43 am

Hey October, If it helps I'm happy to host the lobby if you're having issues. My xboxes are pretty stable, and now that Virgin have replaced my router so is my internet connection.
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/9/2013, 5:25 pm

Thanks Owen. I'll let you know. Seems pretty stable for now as long as the router in quiet on other computers. But it's nice to have a backup.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bronn Edward 4/9/2013, 6:25 pm

Well, I returned my 2nd used xbox for my 3rd used xbox yesterday. Came home, hooked it up, found out that the dvd drive tray will not open... Going to exchange my 3rd used xbox for my 4th used xbox later today. If the new one works, I plan on running some practice laps at China tonight about 10pm PST. Send me an xbox message if you want to run some practice in an online server with = performance turned on.

Bronn Edward
Lollipop Man
Lollipop Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/9/2013, 7:49 pm

Repeat after me - ELITE

Back to top Go down

Post by Bronn Edward 4/9/2013, 10:45 pm

lol, yeah I know. Didn't really have a choice at the time though... Then I was stuck with it! Todays replacement actually is an elite though, so hopefully I'll have better luck with it.

Still planning on running some practice tonight but may be a little later than I had planned...

Bronn Edward
Lollipop Man
Lollipop Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/9/2013, 11:47 pm

Bronn, gonna be on myself. Let's run some super secret Lotus testing.

P.S. - May be old news to some of you, but heard they will announce the new xbox details and release date next month.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3