Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #
Realistic Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Race 4 - SAKHIR, BAHRAIN (WITH RESULTS)

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Race 4 - SAKHIR, BAHRAIN (WITH RESULTS) Empty Race 4 - SAKHIR, BAHRAIN (WITH RESULTS)

Post by Guest 4/16/2013, 1:39 am

Race 4 - SAKHIR, BAHRAIN (WITH RESULTS) 04_Bahrain_E_72DPI

Race 4 - SAKHIR, BAHRAIN (WITH RESULTS) 2012-Bahrain-GP-Grid-Girls-pics2 Race 4 - SAKHIR, BAHRAIN (WITH RESULTS) 8506817_004b55773c

Littlemore's Hotlap Guide:

Olliekart's Track Guide:

Yorkie's Track Guide:

“On paper there are several challenging corners, but realistically there are only two spots on the circuit which will make the drivers think. The first is Turns 17 and 18, which are in reality one corner. As the drivers arrive at Turn 17 they are flat out, before in mid-corner they have to begin braking for Turn 18. This makes it tricky for the drivers as they are braking, turning and downshifting all the same time, making the back end of the car go light. The drivers then turn into Turn 18, and often miss the apex due to the speed being carried through the corner.
The second real challenge on the lap comes soon after at the fast chicane at Turns 20 and 21. As the drivers exit Turn 19, they accelerate uphill through Turn 20, with the drivers struggling to get the power down with a lot of wheel spin. By the time they get the car settled it is straight into Turn 21, which is flat out in an F1 car. This corner goes over a crest, making the back end light, and at the same time giving the drivers massive under-steer. Should they get this right, it is straight into braking for Turn 22. With the circuit being dominated by long straights and heavy braking areas, there are in theory several overtaking spots. In reality, there is only the one - down into Turn 1."

Last edited by OctoberDusk06 on 4/28/2013, 9:01 pm; edited 8 times in total

Back to top Go down

Race 4 - SAKHIR, BAHRAIN (WITH RESULTS) Empty Re: Race 4 - SAKHIR, BAHRAIN (WITH RESULTS)

Post by Guest 4/16/2013, 4:48 am

Well, I set the bar on TT. (1:35.2) More like a speed bump. Up to you guys to destroy it and give me some motivation.

Back to top Go down

Race 4 - SAKHIR, BAHRAIN (WITH RESULTS) Empty Re: Race 4 - SAKHIR, BAHRAIN (WITH RESULTS)

Post by Guest 4/17/2013, 4:14 am

NOTE THAT THE RACE TIME FOR THIS RACE HAS BEEN CHANGED.

It will start an hour later than usual. (10:30pm British, 5:30pm Eastern, 2:30pm Pacific).

Thank you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 4/17/2013, 7:03 am

Thanks guys, very much appreciated.
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Bronn Edward 4/17/2013, 11:02 pm

I'll have to check the exact time later tonight when I fire up the xbox... I ran some laps yesterday though and was able to get somewhere in the high 1:33's. (TT)

I definitely don't feel as comfortable here as I did in China. Hopefully I can feel a little more at home on this track before the weekend.

Bronn Edward
Lollipop Man
Lollipop Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/18/2013, 4:26 am

Got down to 1:34.65 last night. So, for me at least, it's feeling good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 4/18/2013, 8:39 am

I remember this from that 2010 game - worst corner in F1 is turn 8 / 9 ! The amount of times I've lost a front wing here is a joke!

Will be giving it a spin tonight.
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 4/18/2013, 6:02 pm

Didn't fancy the practise tonight (wife wouldn't allow me to drink alcohol!!) and did some career mode instead - quite fun.

Tomorrow I'll be practising with some Barcardi Oakheart - if anyone's on and up for a session just XB Party me.
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/18/2013, 8:36 pm

About what time will you be on?

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 4/19/2013, 4:12 am

I'll be on from 10pm GMT until late
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/19/2013, 7:52 am

was on very late your time due to another race. Of course, I'm not getting the 1:34s like I did in TT in Quick Race, but other than sector three, the track feels good. The last two turns are a bitch for me. Don't know why. One is sort of a blind right, off camber, while braking, similar to 14 at Malaysia, and the last one I can never get the turn in right. But still around 1:36s consistently. Losing a good 2 secs. in the last sector.

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 4/19/2013, 6:27 pm

Ran 15 laps ish this evning and i'm in the 1.37s so have a lot more practise to do because I never really felt totally in control, so to get into the 1.35s or 1.34s would be a serious effort! Accepted I'm in the Merc which is out performed by the McLaren that your in, but 3 seconds??? Damn!
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/19/2013, 9:17 pm

Tried the Lotus, and there is about a 2 second difference in TT and QR modes from the McLaren. I just run the McLaren because they say it's more like the on-line "equal" setting. Still not so sure about that. I think on-line is more like a 2nd tier team, but it's hard to tell as it's a different setting.

So, you aren't that far off. The 1:34.64 was a very unusual lap too. Not my regular pace.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bronn Edward 4/19/2013, 10:53 pm

Was having some troubles with this track, but now I think we are finally friends. 1:31.705 (TT, Lotus)

Bronn Edward
Lollipop Man
Lollipop Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/20/2013, 12:18 am

Yea Bronn, I'd say. More like lovers. WTF? Are you using the 2004 car with those ugly grooved tires? Schumacher (of course) fastest lap at Bahrain 2004 = 1:30.XX. Where is that option in the game? Seriously impressive, as you don't use any assists (including a view other than cockpit or a brake line). Though, maybe an example where the game does not reflect real life. Pole was 1:32.422 last year. I'm guessing this year will be in the mid 31's?

Speaking of pole, go here to see a video of last year's pole run with REAL telemetry. It helps me greatly to figure breaking lines, apex angles (it's so flat and in cockpit they are hard to see at Bahrain), and throttle control: http://www.formula1.com/video/onboard.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/20/2013, 5:28 am

Finally! Figured out that my wheel settings were costing me two seconds per lap. Now down to 1:32.54 in TT.

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 4/20/2013, 7:34 am

Damn October! What settings are you using now? Come on, help a brotha out!!! affraid
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/20/2013, 9:55 am

Using a Fanatec CSR Wheel. Changed the internal settings on it. Is that what you have?

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 4/20/2013, 10:14 am

Yep, Same wheel.
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 4/20/2013, 10:34 am

My settings are:

Sen = off
FF = 70
Sho = 70
Dri = off
ABS = 60
Lin = 0
Dea = 0
Spr = 0
Dpr = off
ACL = off

In game I have steering dead zone at 3% everything else 0%

Feedback on
Environment 100%
Feedback strength 100%
Wheel weight 0%
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Bronn Edward 4/20/2013, 12:03 pm

Nicely Done! That's a good time. Smile

Bronn Edward
Lollipop Man
Lollipop Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/20/2013, 7:18 pm

Ahhh. The sen setting was key, Owen. I wondered why I was not getting into the turns snappier, once I tried to beat Bronn's ghost car. So I figured, it had something to do with the wheel and damn if it didn't. I hear the firmware matters though, and I'm on v.706 I think.

I changed the sen to 270 or 280 I believe, but I'll double check. I too had mine set to "off." I also have the Wheel weight to 40% because with that quick a response to a turn, you need some weight to the wheel. I think the FF is 40 and the Dpr is -3, but it may be 0. I don't think the Dpr matters, really, but you might try with both. The ABS really doesn't matter either, just gives you a vibration in the pedal at a certain point. For Forza, it's helpful though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 4/21/2013, 7:38 am

Cheers October - I'll give that a try this evening. I'm on firmware 706 as well.

I noticed that on the last bend at China others were really snapping into it and getting on the throttle quicker than I could with the wheel. I tested it with a controller and it was definitely easier to do. I just figured it was a limitation of the wheel.
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/22/2013, 8:19 pm

The settings seem to make a difference for me on all F1 tracks. Forza settings, i still have not figured out yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/23/2013, 5:20 am

Owen, noticed your time dropped pretty dramatically in TT. At least, from what I can recall. Did the settings help?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next