Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #
Realistic Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Race 8 - SILVERSTONE, ENGLAND, UK (WITH RESULTS)

2 posters

Go down

Race 8 - SILVERSTONE, ENGLAND, UK (WITH RESULTS) Empty Race 8 - SILVERSTONE, ENGLAND, UK (WITH RESULTS)

Post by Guest 6/10/2013, 2:03 am

Race 8 - SILVERSTONE, ENGLAND, UK
June 30, 2013 - 4:30 pm Eastern, U.S.
Race 8 - SILVERSTONE, ENGLAND, UK (WITH RESULTS) 08_GreatBritain_E_72DPIRace 8 - SILVERSTONE, ENGLAND, UK (WITH RESULTS) 20a74a0af66dfc3fc17b22ca935c9aab
Race 8 - SILVERSTONE, ENGLAND, UK (WITH RESULTS) Pit+girls+stand+in+a+line+during+the+British+F1+Grand+Prix+at+Silverstone,+central+EnglandRace 8 - SILVERSTONE, ENGLAND, UK (WITH RESULTS) PAPHOTO4_428110

A Lap Around Silverstone

Opinions are divided about Silverstone among the drivers - especially the Brits. Whilst it's true that some points are a little bit 'point and squirt', other corners - notably the Becketts complex - are superb. As the drivers cross the start-finish line, they are flat out in sixth and reach 290 kmph before braking - and flicking down one or two gears - for Copse. Copse used to be nearly flat in sixth gear, but was revised to a third gear corner after the deaths in 1994, and although it has been made faster it is still not as fast as it was. It was revised again earlier last year, speeding it back up. Next are Maggots, Becketts and Chapel. With the exception of Eau Rouge, the Maggots-Becketts-Chapel complex is probably the most demanding and technical set of turns of any Grand Prix circuit in the world. The track flicks fast left, fast right, change down two gears, and exit a fast right - it's that quick! The driver will be experiencing in excess of 2Glateral force as he negotiates each corner, struggling all the time to point the car in the right direction. There's no rest for the drivers, however, as they scream down the HangarStraight passing under the Mobil bridge. The next corner, Stowe, has been remodeled, as 1995's and, subsequently, 1996's revised versions were considered a little too tame for Formula One. The right-hand corner is taken in fourth at an estimated 180 kmph. The cars then pass through the Vale straight and enter the tight, secondgear, left hander at Club. Drivers then enter a tight right-hander thatopens up at the exit, allowing them to accelerate hard and briefly  reach sixth gear before braking for the Abbey chicane.Accelerating out of Abbey, usually taken in second, the cars pass through the flat out, right-hand bend: Bridge. The next few corners - Priory, Brooklands and Luffield - were a fairly dull series of second gear, left and right handers in years past. However, Brooklands and Luffield have been re-profiled to allow a faster, more flowing transition into Woodcote. The exit to Luffield is important, as it leadsto Woodcote - a flat out right hander - and onto the main straight where the tough process begins once again. (note that description is largely accurate, but written before the start/finish was moved from the straight before Copse).

Olliekart's Track Guide:

Yorkie's Track Guide:

Last edited by OctoberDusk06 on 7/8/2013, 1:22 am; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Race 8 - SILVERSTONE, ENGLAND, UK (WITH RESULTS) Empty Re: Race 8 - SILVERSTONE, ENGLAND, UK (WITH RESULTS)

Post by Owen0501 6/12/2013, 12:40 pm

Luongo, I guess you and I have to step up a gear for this race (shouldn't really say that when you're top of the drivers championship), but it's our home race so we'll have to try show the Americans how it's done LOL.

Anyway, Silverstone is your 2nd home - you spend more time there than I have hot dinners Smile

No pressure. pale
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Race 8 - SILVERSTONE, ENGLAND, UK (WITH RESULTS) Empty Re: Race 8 - SILVERSTONE, ENGLAND, UK (WITH RESULTS)

Post by Guest 6/12/2013, 8:18 pm

Yea, no pressure. cyclops

Bronn, if you can take Luongo, I'll get Owen. Then we can charter back to NYC for some proper food and visit Ocean City for some sun and bikinis. Then, in a few weeks, we can watch them freak out in Texas. lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 6/13/2013, 2:39 pm

Bronn needs to have a stern chat with his engineers! The Lotus mechanical issues could cost you the championship.

And I'll have you know that the English national dish is proper food - you just can't beat a good old traditional Tandoori chicken with pilau rice!!! And the girls over here don't need sun for bikinis - You should go for a night out in Liverpool in the winter Shocked mind you, when you wake up next to them in the morning you'll wish you didn't LOL!
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/13/2013, 11:36 pm

Oh believe me, he has chewed out the engineers on more than one occasion. Here at poor Lotus, we just don't have the budget like a world motorcar power like Mercedes...otherwise they'd be sacked and replaced Mr. Ross Brawn -- a brilliant man who will soon be unemployed I fear. That's why it's going to be all the more shocking when we kick your sorry driving asses all the way back to Texas.

Don't worry, we will treat you like royalty (USA style, not all that pomp and circumstance crap) when you get to Texas. Real hot BBQ, real hot women, and real hot (literally) racing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/16/2013, 9:29 pm

Ummm, and are any of those grid girls from Liverpool? If so, Owen, how can I reconcile your comments!?!? (Except for the middle one in the front row with cankles).
Holy crap. I may have been a bit hasty with my downgrade of British women. Or did they import them all from Holland and The Czech Republic for the race? lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 6/17/2013, 3:50 am

Ok, I'm generalising but if you want an insight into modern Liverpool young women do a search on a programme called Desperate Scousewives! Basically, their eyelashes are inches long, their hair is fake, their tan and face paint will be all over the bed sheets!
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/17/2013, 8:23 pm

Oh I get it now. No need to watch, I have been to New Jersey and Los Angeles.

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 6/25/2013, 3:51 pm

Hoping we get a good number of drivers this weekend. Could be 3 Brits on the Tarmac - evens the odds of a good home show LOL.

I need to practise as I've not been on for a while.
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/25/2013, 10:30 pm

I need some practice bad. I'll be doing the late night thing for a few nights. I've suspended Forza anyway. Silverstone is one of those tracks I love but have never really gotten right. It's a tricky little devil.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/26/2013, 1:58 am

Race 8 - SILVERSTONE, ENGLAND, UK (WITH RESULTS) %3Ca%20href=Race 8 - SILVERSTONE, ENGLAND, UK (WITH RESULTS) Brit_w10

Not bad for England....

Back to top Go down

Post by luongo27 6/26/2013, 12:06 pm

I may actually have to practice for this one, being the home track and all. As for weather updates, I live less than an hour away so should be pretty similar Smile
luongo27
luongo27
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/27/2013, 12:17 am

lol. Yea, I'll say. Just look out your window an hour prior to the race! (Although I heard the weather is pretty "micro" ish around there, it's nothing like Spa.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/29/2013, 7:54 am

Weather looking even better.

Race 8 - SILVERSTONE, ENGLAND, UK (WITH RESULTS) Brit_w10

Back to top Go down

Post by luongo27 6/29/2013, 1:09 pm

Should be good, been damn hot here today
luongo27
luongo27
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/30/2013, 2:45 am

SILVERSTONE, UK - PRESS RELEASE (LOTUS GP)

"Lotus is expecting big things from #1 driver Bronn Edward, since we have placed the passive DRS system on his car. #2 Driver October does not get the device because he's too slow here for it to make any difference."

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 6/30/2013, 3:20 am

I wish I got some practise in - schedule's been way too busy Sad will try to get on before the race but doubt it will happen.

Dry race - yay!!
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/30/2013, 3:48 am

You should be fine. You set a smokin' time in TT. Again, I'm just behind you. Mad 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/30/2013, 3:51 am

And yea, if it rains, I'm screwed. Why are the high speed, ultra-trickiest tracks (Silverstone and Spa) often the wettest? Spa has it beaten though. The rain there just appears out of nowhere, then goes away, and poof, it's back. Almost like clockwork. And the forecasters are useless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 6/30/2013, 4:16 am

My TT time was set a while ago - don't think I will be that quick today, but will be trying to be consistent and stay on the track.

No rain, and Lets hope there's no AI required.
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by luongo27 6/30/2013, 10:14 am

Anyone else worried about their left rear tyres?
luongo27
luongo27
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 6/30/2013, 12:24 pm

luongo27 wrote:Anyone else worried about their left rear tyres?

Fortunately we're using last years tyres Smile But come on, today was shocking!
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 6/30/2013, 7:34 pm

Thanks everyone that turned up and thanks again October for organising the Championship.

Bronn, great that you didn't have a mechanical failure even if it meant you took away my potential maiden victory!

Luongo, I think we represented and gave our home crowd something to cheer about with us both being on the podium, especially after what happened earlier today *** SPOILER ***

Stroker, you'll catch me  championship-wise next week as I won't be able to make it and even if I do I'll be on a controller with no chance!!!

HRH, thanks for joining the series, it's difficult coming in cold and finding your feet but you did well mate!  - lap times were good (take Bronn  away and we're all in the same region!!).

Hogge, sorry you couldn't make tonight - Red Bull Racing could have done with your constructor points.

Chelsea, hope you're back for the German GP to give your team mate some support.
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7/8/2013, 1:22 am

Race 8 - SILVERSTONE, ENGLAND, UK (WITH RESULTS) Silver10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down