Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #
Realistic Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 2 - Hockenheimring Short

+6
HCR MeRiCA
Sniper919
luongo27
LethalHoudini
jms493
Hellisan
10 posters

Go down

Week 2 - Hockenheimring Short Empty Week 2 - Hockenheimring Short

Post by Hellisan 8/11/2013, 12:40 am

Week 2 - Hockenheimring Short - 08/12/2013

Schedule of Events

• 9:00 PM EST - 7-lap Practice Stint - If you'd like to do this show up promptly, I will be starting it on time for obvious reasons and assume anyone not there prefers not to run some practice laps. This will be a random grid.

• 9:20 PM EST - 3-lap Qualifying - (2 flying laps) - Please be here 5 minutes in advance if you want to run.  At 9:15 we will assume everybody that wants to run is in the lobby, and wait a few minutes for stragglers but will not be waiting for stragglers at the 9:20 mark or further.  Anyone in after that will go to the back of the grid without a chance at qualifying points.  Those who don't have a clean qualifying lap of any kind get a 50% points hit for their Race 1 Finish so make sure to get a clean lap on your out lap no matter how slow you have to go!  One point will be awarded to the Top 6 qualifiers.

• 9:30 PM EST - Race 1 - 39 Laps - Pit Window Laps 19 through 21 - Order of Grid is Reverse Qualifying Order

• Approx. 10:15 PM EST - Race 2 - 13 Laps - Order of Grid is Combined Lobby Points (Qually and Race 1)

Good luck Gentlemen.  After the race, you have until the next week's race is begun to post your race photo or short race night summary to gain an extra point in the standings.

Track Notes

• Turn 1 Curb - The picture below shows the turn 1 curb, and the curb itself gives a pretty good indicator of what is o.k. to run and what is not.  The red inside curb has plenty of tread wear on it whereas the green area to the inside has very little.  If you go the whole race and only catch green 1 or 2 times that's not going to be a problem, but if it's constant or you're going even further inside, I will assess a 1-point error and assume you're just struggling to control the car.  If it's egregious or constant and /or just obvious it will be a more significant penalty.  Another good rule of thumb is if you don't get a dirty lap from it, it's o.k. - please run some practice laps if you're not familiar with this.

Week 2 - Hockenheimring Short 0110

• Entering the Pits - Make sure to have a controlled, smooth entry into the pit area.  If you don't you'll probaby hit the barrier.  Out of control or too high speed of an entry can result in a 1-point physical error penalty.

• Exiting the Pits - Stay in the pit exit lane all the way to the curb.  The pit exit person has the right to the inside corner of the turn while any on-track traffic has the right to the outer part of the turn.  This is tricky because you can't stay to the inside without slowing down into the turn so practice coming out of the pit once or twice.

Driver Pre-Race Status
Assumed Available - Notified Absence

RR Chelsea - Maserati Ghibli Cup
Russ Wheeler - Mercedes
RR Stroker Ace - Ford
ox FASTLANE xo - Alfa Romeo
THF dvsSublime - BMW
RR Delzaster - Alfa Romeo
Hellisan - BMW
jms493 - Mercedes
Staceunited - BMW
Luongo27 - Mercedes
Bondzai - Mercedes

s n g 73

Driver Post-Race Status
Attended Race - Notified Absence - Did Not Show Did Not Notify

RR Chelsea - Maserati Ghibli Cup
Russ Wheeler - Mercedes
RR Stroker Ace - Ford
ox FASTLANE xo - Alfa Romeo
THF dvsSublime - BMW
RR Delzaster - Alfa Romeo (Race 1)
Hellisan - BMW
jms493 - Mercedes
Staceunited - BMW
Luongo27 - Mercedes
Bondzai - Mercedes

s n g 73
RR Delzaster - Alfa Romeo (Race 2)

Last edited by Hellisan on 8/12/2013, 11:22 pm; edited 2 times in total

Hellisan
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Week 2 - Hockenheimring Short Empty Re: Week 2 - Hockenheimring Short

Post by jms493 8/12/2013, 11:12 am

Good course I am hoping for a solid showing. sunny 
jms493
jms493
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 8/12/2013, 11:51 am

Im looking forward to this 1 too
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by luongo27 8/12/2013, 11:56 am

I came across these two 1:18 scale models whilst at brands hatch yesterday. I could have spent a fortune on various models Smile

Week 2 - Hockenheimring Short Wp_20115

Week 2 - Hockenheimring Short Wp_20116
luongo27
luongo27
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sniper919 8/12/2013, 4:38 pm

Driver Pre-Race Status : Available
Sniper919
Sniper919
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellisan 8/12/2013, 9:06 pm

7-lap practice stint starting now, qualifying at 9:20 PM EST.

Hellisan
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellisan 8/12/2013, 11:22 pm

Good racing tonight all.

Thanks for showing up, good turnout again.

QUALLY

LUONGO 1:07.144
HELLISAN
REALISTICR1
SNIPER
STROKERACE
RUSS WHEELER
THF DVSSublime
JMS
STACEUNITED
RR CHELSEA
BONDZAI
FASTLANE

RACE 1

LUONGO
HELLISAN
SNIPER
FASTLANE
RUSS WHEELER
CHELSEA
JMS
SUBLIME
STROKER ACE
STACEUNITED
BONDZAI
REALISTICR1 – DNF

RACE 2

LUONGO
HELLISAN
SNIPER
FASTLANE
RUSS WHEELER
STROKER ACE
SUBLIME
CHELSEA
JMS493
STACEUNITED
BONDZAI

Please report all incidents that you want investigated (or self report preferrably) and send replays when you do.

Thanks,

Helli

PS FASTLANE I will post the replay of the races to my storefront for you.

Hellisan
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR MeRiCA 8/12/2013, 11:35 pm

Week 2 - Hockenheimring Short Getpho20

race 1 great batle 4 28 laps with chelese got bye him and pulled a little gap on him for A 5th place finish

race 2
hard raceing against fastlane till end, could of pushed a little more but didnt want to give stroker my place,..

post-race point
HCR MeRiCA
HCR MeRiCA
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR M Angelo 8/13/2013, 12:47 am

Managed to avoid all the trouble in turn two of the first lapand kept the gap for a couple of laps, Russ then caught me and we battled untill finally he got me after the pit stops.I must say that the unexpected sixth plave was very welcome.
Race two turned out to be less eventful and I managed to finish somewhat nearer my expected finishing position. I must say that the racing was close and intense but very enjoyable tonight. Thanks all

post-race point
HCR M Angelo
HCR M Angelo
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellisan 8/13/2013, 1:42 am

Analysis of Race 1 Accident

I have to penalize the two people who hit folks in the back.... When you hit somebody from behind that's just how the penalties tend to get meted out...

Bond - 3 point penalty - egregious hit from the rear that likely ruined both cars and appears to be due to not knowing where the track will go

Russ - 1 point physical penalty - hitting someone in the back - bummer because there were several people following too closely and you took it the penalty due to the hit.

Week 2 - Hockenheimring Short 8eys

Here is my commentary on the frequent early crashes we tend to see and that is, you simply cannot drive the way you drive the rest of the race in single file, because mid-race you have to follow very closely there and anticipate what will happen.  In those sort of instances crashes will happen because you HAVE to follow very closely but when there's a big group of cars it's very important to give yourself 2-3 car lengths and cede spots if necessary in order to keep the car clean.  During the long race, if you are the 5th best combination of driver and car, you're probably going to finish 4-6 regardless of what happens early on so let's see some patience in the early going.

Hellisan
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by ox FASTLANE xo 8/13/2013, 8:48 am

Last nights racing was intense and loads of fun to say the least. My night started with a horrible qualifying, the only clean lap I had was my outlap and then just tried too hard I think. Of course that did put me on pole and with the Alfa,well lets say I tried to run away and hide but Lou and then those BMW's eventually caught me and that was that Rolling Eyes  Still got fourth which put me better at least for the second shorter race. Started I believe in 7th then got three spots at start,gotta love the Alfa off the line ! Settled in basically and took another fourth, overall good night Smile 

Helli, recap --  I can't even watch a replay thru Xbox......Evil or Very Mad thx anyway.

post-race point

ox FASTLANE xo
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sniper919 8/13/2013, 9:12 am

Post Race Analysis Hockenheimring:

Qualifying:

After hours of countless testing in preparation for this weeks races I was unsure of my overall pace in comparison to those whom I am battling with for the championship. The car was a handful all week, but little by little I managed to improve upon what I had and ran some quick laps. I was optimistic going into last night.  

The session started off as usual. I was the last car to roll off. I don't use many of the HUD displays so I had no idea what everyone else was running. I simply have what position I was in. During the out lap I was very vigilant not to run wide and dirty my lap. Going into the first turn on my first flying lap I ran wide and managed to do what I had set out not to. I believe do to my watchful driving during the out lap the tires did not heat properly and I was caught out. Knowing in the back of my find that a 50% race 1 points deduction would be placed on my if I couldn't get a clean 2nd lap I again went down the cautious root. I would rather start 7th or 8th than loose 50% of my points. Knowing I was off the pace I came out of the last corner thinking I would be low down the grid, however I was pleased to see that my 1.08.8 managed a respectful 4th position. I was hopeful my momentum from last week and this session would carry over to the races.

Race 1

Week 2 - Hockenheimring Short Rbe3

This circuit is one that many are not familiar with. Well I should say the layout is anyway. It's very technical in the way every corner can catch you out and loose you time. Literally every turn on this course is tough. Some that stand out to me were turns 1,2,3,4,5,6, are very difficult and must be treated delicately. Knowing this I set my car up to be stable and have a lot of acceleration which is needed everywhere on this track.

Starting from the second row from the back I couldn't have been happier on where I was starting. I had a bad feeling that not only turn 1 but turn 2 could be a disaster. I had a good launch however Del's Alfa blitzed right through the middle. Loosing a place I eased back going through 1 which I must say looked pretty clean. However turn 2 was not the case. I stayed back and watched as over half the field 7 cars including the birthday boy were collected. I was cautious and looked to the inside to make up some places. I had thought the problems were over but heard collisions all around me still so I back off. Sitting just in the top ten I started moving up through the field. Passing JMS and an injured Del I set my sites for Sublime. Luongo, who was easily the man to beat today and good showing buddy, passed me as if I were standing still. I knew all week he was the guy that I'd be chasing if I wanted a win. As well as Helli who had managed to jump out to a sizable advantage over the two of us. I managed to get around Sublime cleanly. I worked very hard to get around both Russ and Chelsea. Good job by both of them to come home 5th and 6th. My move may have been a bit aggressive but it was calculated. Although I received contact it was a racing incident and if forza had realistic damage I would not have had any problems. Now running behind Fastlane, Helli, and Luongo, in that order with damage I did the best I could. Fastlane seemed to hold up Luongo and Helli. I pushed very hard as we came up to the opening of the pit window. When the pits opened Fastlane, who had been passed by Luongo, and Luongo hit the pits. Which left the two BMW's battling to put in some impressive hotlaps to jump them. We both pitted on the last lap available. Coming out of the pits which was a bit frightening Helli managed to hold the inside line on cold tires to get Fastlane. It wasn't long before I had made the move as well. Fastlane stayed right with me for a few laps but slipped back due to some errors. Leaving me to try and run down Helli. But do to the rear damage I had nothing for him. I took home a very good 3rd spot. My 2nd podium of the season.

Race 2

Week 2 - Hockenheimring Short Jjn7

Race 2 was not as chaotic from where I was. Luongo drove off into the sunset in his beautiful Merc. Leaving me, know with a healthy racecar to get around Helli. Unfortunately, even though I felt like I could have taken the fight to him, Helli was jumping on my screen. Enough so that I was willing to sit back and take 3rd and not ruin both our races. I think I could have gotten him though. Laughing 

In all it was a very enjoyable race night for me. I have to say Helli has done an outstanding job with this series and I look forward to next weeks race. Again nice job by Luongo on the dominating performance and the sweep of Hockenheimring Short.

post-race point
Sniper919
Sniper919
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Bondzai 8/13/2013, 9:21 am

Race 1:

On that wreck in turn 2 where I rear ended the #33 car it was simply a case of me looking in the rear view mirror too much and not paying enough attention to the car in front of me.  I'm not sure who drives that #33 car but I apologize to you and all of the others that were wrecked.

The rest of the race was me just going around the track by myself and trying to stay out of the way of the rest of the cars that were lapping me.

Race 2:

The second race started out better as I was sort of keeping pace but eventually fell behind and was racing by myself most of the time.

Minus the wreck in the beginning this felt like a night of hotlapping for me as I was by myself on the track most of the time.

post-race point

Bondzai
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by xCarnage12 8/13/2013, 11:31 am

Race 1:
Didnt start to great for me since I had to pull off to deal with an issue and if there is a penalty for it I will except that penalty but managed to get a 9th place finish.

Race 2:
Had a much better start compared too race 1 and had a great fight with RR Russ Wheeler just couldn't get the job done, but turn out to be a tough and great race.

post-race point
xCarnage12
xCarnage12
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellisan 8/13/2013, 1:56 pm

RR Stroker Ace wrote:Race 1:
Didnt start to great for me since I had to pull off to deal with an issue and if there is a penalty for it I will except that penalty but managed to get a 9th place finish.

Race 2:
Had a much better start compared too race 1 and had a great fight with RR Russ Wheeler just couldn't get the job done, but turn out to be a tough and great race.
Word has it that Ford are working on improving their brakes for the car, stay tuned.

Hellisan
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by luongo27 8/16/2013, 9:40 pm

Week 2 - Hockenheimring Short Fm4_fo13     Week 2 - Hockenheimring Short Fm4_fo14

post-race point
luongo27
luongo27
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellisan 8/17/2013, 4:06 am

Additional penalties

staceunited: 1 point physical error, late braking hitting Stroker in the back on lap 2  - not reported by either driver.  Coordinator observation.

STANDINGS UPDATED

Driver of the week:  Luongo - stayed out of trouble, showed patience running the back of the pack in the early going and used his incredible pace to just run through the field one by one.  

Sorry it took me awhile to get updated this week, had a busy week.

Nurburgring GP is up next.

Hellisan
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellisan 8/17/2013, 5:05 am

Week 2 - Hockenheimring Short 0310
Russ moves in for a pass 2 turns later

Race 1

With Luongo behind me to start the race it was a good opportunity to lay low early, I know he's not going to do anything weird which is a good feeling.  I laid low but when the accident happened was able to pick through and gain a little ground on him, which was going to be key as I knew he had the faster car.

I might have lost a chance to win the race in a battle with Chelsea and Russ, Wheeler made a nice inside pass on me in a lazy turn where I ran wide and after already struggling to pass Chelsea I now had two to pass and that ended up costing me some time.

I eventually did get by the duo of Chels and Russ who were running some real consistent laps.  I set out to catch FASTLANE but unfortunately that stinker Luongo caught me before I could get by, at that point I knew I was racing for 2nd as he had the faster car and was driving the bejesus out of it.  I used pit strategy to get by FASTLANE and from there I was able to put some distance between us.  Sniper closed in later in the race and was running faster than me but I managed to hold him off.

Race 2

I wasn't driving particularly well here, I'm not going to blame it on the setup or anything I was just a bit off, which is surprising for the 2nd race and probably the only reason I got 2nd was because I was lagging on Sniper's screen and he couldn't pick a good spot to make a pass attempt.  Thanks AT&T Uperverse for the shit service and P2 finish I s'pose.

post-race point

Hellisan
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down