Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #
Realistic Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Site Migration

2 posters

Go down

Site Migration Empty Site Migration

Post by s0ul harv3st 5/31/2016, 5:15 pm

A 6th anniversary goal (June 5th 2016) was set for me a few months ago to create a new website for us that would be more mobile and tablet friendly. This unfortunately requires our current website to be abandoned and restarted from scratch. The reason being is that Forummotion has ultimate control of the website's database, functionality and responsiveness and has severely limited its users ability to update this website or transfer out our database to a new platform.

I built the new website on a private network through a paid hosting account at GoDaddy so that we can have more control of the website aesthetically and functionally. Currently this is a bare bones platform built in the Phpbb 3.1.8 environment which is several versions beyond what Forummotion lets us use. It enables a bunch of pretty convenient features as well as the ability to reshape the layout based on screen size automatically. I must restate that this is bare bones with no real data or postings right now. The site is brand new with some limited back an forth testing threads to try out the new features.

Currently the goal is a little more than 4 days out and during this break in period, I invite you all to hop over to this web address http://www.snkgraphics.com/forum/ and sign up and check it out. The plan is to have our next series run from the new website. Once the majority of current users are logged in with accounts, I will then redirect the realisticracing.net domain name to the new site.

If you are having any issues please respond to this post and I will help walk you through the process.  

Again the new site is located at this address:
http://www.snkgraphics.com/forum/
s0ul harv3st
s0ul harv3st
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Site Migration Empty Re: Site Migration

Post by je11yfish 15 5/31/2016, 5:58 pm

I tried to join but I don't seem to have received my email
je11yfish 15
je11yfish 15
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by s0ul harv3st 5/31/2016, 6:07 pm

You're registered already. Did you figure it out before I checked it?
s0ul harv3st
s0ul harv3st
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by je11yfish 15 5/31/2016, 7:11 pm

Sorted sorry, email must of thought it was snail mail
je11yfish 15
je11yfish 15
VIP
VIP