Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #
Realistic Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any interest in a 1 day/night One Lap of America type event?

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Any interest in a 1 day/night One Lap of America type event? Empty Any interest in a 1 day/night One Lap of America type event?

Post by Guest 5/11/2012, 4:58 pm

Background can be found HERE

To capture the essence of the One Lap of America event, we would run on several different types of tracks in one sitting, including a combination of: Oval, Road Course, Drag Strip. Scoring would be based on best lap times. Lowest total time would win

Instead of One Lap of America though, ours would have a more international flavor (maybe One Lap of Forza or, cue Jeremy Clarkson voice, One Lap of...the World).

Slight change (okay, major change) - This will be run in three stints, so you need to prep a vehicle for each of the following :

Truck/Van/SUV - A Class
Sedona Speedway (3laps)
Silverstone National (3 laps)
Infineon Drag 1/4-mile (Sunrise)

Classics (Pre 1990) - A Class
Sunset Speedway (3 laps)
Laguna Seca (3 laps)
Top Gear Drag 1/2-Mile (Overcast)

Modern Cars (1991-Present) - S Class
Indianapolis Speedway (3 laps)
Hockenheimring Full (3 laps)
Top Gear Drag Mile

Only build stipulation is no race or drag tires.

Race date is mid day on May 28th (Memorial Day) at 4pm EST

Entries
DirtyDawg73
DearChelseanut
Luongo27
Owen0501
Sniper919(?)

Last edited by DirtyDawg73 on 5/25/2012, 9:42 pm; edited 9 times in total

Back to top Go down

Any interest in a 1 day/night One Lap of America type event? Empty Re: Any interest in a 1 day/night One Lap of America type event?

Post by Owen0501 5/12/2012, 4:15 pm

Normally that Monday would be a day off for us Brits, but because our Queen (God Save Her) is still on the throne and her Jubilee is the following week it's been moved back a week to coincide - and we get Monday & Tuesday off.

Anyway, if this was a couple of hours later I'd be in.
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Any interest in a 1 day/night One Lap of America type event? Empty Re: Any interest in a 1 day/night One Lap of America type event?

Post by Guest 5/12/2012, 4:38 pm

Time isn't set yet. We'll run whenever the most people are available

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 5/12/2012, 4:47 pm

I hear you. So count me in if the time is right.
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/12/2012, 10:13 pm

I know if it's on Memorial Day, I'll probably not be able to make it. The Memorial Day classic is running at Afton for all divisions and I'll be racing in it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sniper919 5/13/2012, 9:56 pm

Im in but isnt tollys dirt series going to be running that night?
Sniper919
Sniper919
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/13/2012, 10:07 pm

I'll make sure we're done before that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/14/2012, 4:29 pm

WGRcngOnlyTwstd wrote:I know if it's on Memorial Day, I'll probably not be able to make it. The Memorial Day classic is running at Afton for all divisions and I'll be racing in it.

Hey, does this mean your series won't be running this nght? Or will the classic be done before the Buick race?

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR M Angelo 5/21/2012, 9:51 pm

Count me in please not sure of car
HCR M Angelo
HCR M Angelo
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 5/22/2012, 2:14 pm

Is that 10pm GMT??? I'm in as I don't have a tennis match this Monday.
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/22/2012, 2:20 pm

According to the clock on on the main page I believe so.

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 5/22/2012, 2:26 pm

I'm in anyway Smile
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/22/2012, 2:33 pm

Coolness.

I'm still torn as to which class to run in, but I'm leaning toward Modern.

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 5/22/2012, 3:12 pm

yeah, I'm undecided but thinking about the classic
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by luongo27 5/22/2012, 5:08 pm

I have monday off also Smile, will most likely run that Bentley I was talking about
luongo27
luongo27
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/22/2012, 5:11 pm

I updated the first post to reflect the class drivers are considering.

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 5/23/2012, 6:17 am

I think Sniper said he's up for this as well.
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/23/2012, 8:16 am

Cool. I just had an idea. Since it's pretty much 3 stints anyway, why not run the SUVs in the first, classics in the second, and modern in the third? This way, we don't have to worry about filling each class. I'll rework the schedule when I get a chance...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/23/2012, 1:38 pm

Well, if it rains on Monday, I definitely want in on this. But, it's all weather dependant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/23/2012, 2:12 pm

Sounds good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 5/23/2012, 2:59 pm

DirtyDawg73 wrote:Cool. I just had an idea. Since it's pretty much 3 stints anyway, why not run the SUVs in the first, classics in the second, and modern in the third? This way, we don't have to worry about filling each class. I'll rework the schedule when I get a chance...

I'm happy to go with the flow
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR M Angelo 5/23/2012, 8:22 pm

Are we going to race all three classes now?
HCR M Angelo
HCR M Angelo
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/24/2012, 7:53 pm

Yep. First post updated

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/24/2012, 11:05 pm

bumped SUVs to A-Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/25/2012, 1:57 pm

Race and drag tires now allowed.

To everyone that has signed up, I'll send the decal & number board over when i get home from work.

To everyone that hasn't signed up, what are you waiting for?? Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next