Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #
Realistic Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GRID2 RELASE DATE LATE MAY (IndyCar Series to follow?)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

GRID2 RELASE DATE LATE MAY (IndyCar Series to follow?) - Page 2 Empty Re: GRID2 RELASE DATE LATE MAY (IndyCar Series to follow?)

Post by RR Rowdy Burns 4/14/2013, 10:14 am

Not trying to bust your bubble or anything but the last time I planned a series around a game that hadn't released yet, it busted.
RR Rowdy Burns
RR Rowdy Burns
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

GRID2 RELASE DATE LATE MAY (IndyCar Series to follow?) - Page 2 Empty Re: GRID2 RELASE DATE LATE MAY (IndyCar Series to follow?)

Post by Guest 4/14/2013, 10:21 am

That is why I say we wait. Lets see what it is first.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/14/2013, 9:19 pm

No, I agree. I'm not saying submit anything formally. God knows we can't guess. But we can start getting some basic ideas together. Unless someone else wants to run the show, I'm willing to help.

In fact, making a proposal a week after it comes out is too soon, IMO. First off, the guys in Europe need time to get the game (released a few days later) and get the game with the IndyCar add-on. If they don't have it and are not familiar with it, no way it gets approved, I would guess.

But that's not to stop the ideas from flowing unless you think someone other than me, you, or both will want to run the show. In that case, I'm happy to sit back and wait for a proposal (and I know it's coming, lol) and then join if I like it. I've got a lot on my plate (as do you) as it is.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/18/2013, 1:29 am

I just ordered the this with the IndyCar add-on from Best Buy. We shall see...

More from Codemasters:

....you can see how far we’ve come in terms of multi-player and socially-integrated play. Codemasters wants to go even further in GRID 2. It’s crafted a separate multi-player campaign for online racers to really sink their teeth into. It’s an event unto itself, with several game modes that will test the skill of players to the utter limit. “Multiplayer stands on its own two feet with an XP and cash progression system,” senior games designer Ross Gowing told me. “Players will start with a small number of cars we’ve gifted them, then it’s up to them how they want to fill out their garage, upgrade and customize their cars as they go. We serve up some great locations and circuits on our rolling online playlists, so they can just dive straight in, or they can set up custom events in a manner of their choosing. Then we have RaceNet challenges, which are a set of nine events that refreshes on a weekly basis, and then there’s our Rivals system....”

Take a look:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/18/2013, 4:22 am

Sadly, good sources say that there will only be five classic circuits (road) and only one oval (the Indy, as an add-on). Brands Hatch and Côte d’Azur will be part of the road circuit lineup, which is cool. Disappointing, since I was hoping for more ovals, but you still could run a good series, with the Indy500 (with massive rewards, like real life), and maybe a MiniIndy300 as the ovals, then 4 circuits and 4 street courses, and presto! you have a series.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/19/2013, 8:16 am

From Codemaster Twitter:
...hey guys, just to let you know the oval is in one of the pre-order special editions, while the infield comes as standard."

So the Indy 500 is all but confirmed. Now to figure out if thee are any other ovals.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2