Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #
Realistic Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

F1 Recruiting

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

F1 Recruiting Empty F1 Recruiting

Post by RR Rowdy Burns 5/21/2013, 12:55 am

Just figured I would start this thread and see if we could gain some new members and interest in our 2 F1 series'. Please post here if you have recruited someone for the site for the F1 series'.

I did speak with "clutchelectro" tonight (misspelled gamertag) and he is extremely interested in the Am series. He is a great guy and loves F1. So that's another for us.
RR Rowdy Burns
RR Rowdy Burns
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

F1 Recruiting Empty Re: F1 Recruiting

Post by Guest 5/21/2013, 4:16 am

A good place to do this is the Codemasters forums. Drivers go there all the time looking for clean racing and leagues. Whether they are clean or not is another question. Rowdy, I think you run the greater risk of getting the "kiddie-wrecker-roo" in an assists league, but I personally know of PLENTY F1 drivers (from another league I race in sometimes, but not as often now) who run assists and run F1. Also ARL has many "assist" tiers and they will not tolerate unclean driving. And to some extent, neither will the game.

One of these days we should do what Harry does and go to the public lobbies and run some races and try to recruit from there. Otherwise, I'll be happy to post something on the CM Forums.

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 5/21/2013, 5:56 am

Friday before the Catalunya race I ran in the public lobbies. Was quite funny see the amount of cars taken out on the first two bends, but the more experienced and cleaner drivers taking wide lines or pulling back to stay out of trouble and then have a proper race. I met a couple of Canadian racers who FR'd me and we ran a few sessions - good clean competitive racing. I'm still trying to get them to join RR as they both race Forza as well, but they're happy just racing socially - I'm still working on them Twisted Evil
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by RR Rowdy Burns 5/21/2013, 7:44 am

OctoberDusk06 wrote:A good place to do this is the Codemasters forums. Drivers go there all the time looking for clean racing and leagues. Whether they are clean or not is another question. Rowdy, I think you run the greater risk of getting the "kiddie-wrecker-roo" in an assists league, but I personally know of PLENTY F1 drivers (from another league I race in sometimes, but not as often now) who run assists and run F1. Also ARL has many "assist" tiers and they will not tolerate unclean driving. And to some extent, neither will the game.

One of these days we should do what Harry does and go to the public lobbies and run some races and try to recruit from there. Otherwise, I'll be happy to post something on the CM Forums.

I personally have no problem with you posting on the CM forums and seeing what we can get. And when you are free we can run some public lobby races. We just have to let them know that we DO NOT put up with nonsense on the track.
RR Rowdy Burns
RR Rowdy Burns
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by RR Rowdy Burns 5/21/2013, 7:47 am

Owen0501 wrote:Friday before the Catalunya race I ran in the public lobbies. Was quite funny see the amount of cars taken out on the first two bends, but the more experienced and cleaner drivers taking wide lines or pulling back to stay out of trouble and then have a proper race. I met a couple of Canadian racers who FR'd me and we ran a few sessions - good clean competitive racing. I'm still trying to get them to join RR as they both race Forza as well, but they're happy just racing socially - I'm still working on them Twisted Evil

Keep working Owen! That's awesome sir. Are of you can convince them that forum racing is where its at.
RR Rowdy Burns
RR Rowdy Burns
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/22/2013, 10:37 pm

RR Rowdy Burns wrote:And when you are free we can run some public lobby races. We just have to let them know that we DO NOT put up with nonsense on the track.

That would be great. I'll be practicing Monaco late tonight. And to some extent, the great thing about F1 is that you can rely on the game to stifle all the "nonsense" in game. And if someone really wants to join a league, they will realize that from playing the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 5/23/2013, 3:41 am

I also think advertising on the Codemasters forums is a good idea. Need to have support of the founders though.
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by RR Rowdy Burns 5/23/2013, 10:20 am

You have my support. Go ahead and post something up if you like.
RR Rowdy Burns
RR Rowdy Burns
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 5/23/2013, 10:22 am

I support that as long as we don't get fools LOL. (subtle as ever)
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 5/23/2013, 10:37 am

Thanks Rowdy and Del.

October, you still happy to post something up there or do you want me to do it?
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/23/2013, 10:44 am

Something up where?

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 5/23/2013, 10:56 am

on the CM forum...
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 5/23/2013, 12:23 pm

we need 1 more owner or admins support. Also please can you send a copy of ad for approval.

Thanks guys
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 5/23/2013, 12:31 pm

That's what I thought.
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by RR Rowdy Burns 5/23/2013, 10:09 pm

We Need one more vote to post on CM forums. Please vote.
RR Rowdy Burns
RR Rowdy Burns
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 5/24/2013, 4:44 am

Suggested ad subject to scrutiny. If agreed (after review) who's going to post it - one of the race coordinators? a site owner/admin?

Title: Realistic Racing – Xbox Online Racing Leagues.

We are looking for clean, sensible drivers to join our Xbox F1 racing leagues on RealisticRacing.net. We have a vibrant community and have many events running in Forza 4 and we’re looking to expand our F1 racing events

We currently have two F1 leagues – ‘Pro’ and ‘Amateur’ - both are race length 50% with full damage.

The ‘Pro’ league is currently at round 6 (Monaco) and is a full season with no assists allowed. There are 4 spaces available for this and the schedule is aligned to the real F1 season (on the Sunday of the real race). Qualifying/Race starts at 9.30 BST (GMT+1).

The ‘Am’ league is on Tuesdays, starts weekly from 4th June and is a shortened season with assists allowed - there are spaces available for this. Qualifying/Race starts at 9.30 Eastern.

This is just the start as we’re always looking to expand our leagues and for opportunities for new events. We encourage members to participate in discussions and promote ideas for improvements. We’re a multinational site with drivers based in the USA and Europe

If you’re interested check us out at realisticracing.net using this thread as a referral or PM me here.[
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/24/2013, 5:25 am

I'd expand it a bit more re: cockpit not forced and braking line allowed (but off next year) in the pro division. And maybe some explanation of the prizes and points system, and weather, etc. but otherwise I think it looks great. Who to post? Good question. But I'll be happy to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 5/24/2013, 5:33 am

Cool. Didn't know how much detail to include, but thought it a good starting point that we can work from.

Also, I would be happy to post it, but I feel it would best come from one of the race coordinators or an admin.
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 5/24/2013, 9:33 am

Maybe Mr Luongo as admin would like to post it but I don't mind.

Just a thought how about a line like:

Before applying to join RR please read our site rule very carefully as they are enforced.

It might discourage a few but attract the guys were looking for?
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/24/2013, 11:02 am

And many of the bigger sites have "social races" because they take unsolicited sign ups. These demonstrate the ability to run clean (or not) before being officially admitted into a series.

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 5/24/2013, 12:13 pm

Back along the way we were gonna do it was to hold open try out nights and hand pick who we thought etc.
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 5/24/2013, 1:06 pm

RR DelZaster wrote:Back along the way we were gonna do it was to hold open try out nights and hand pick who we thought etc.

Thank god that didn't happed - I might have been ejected from the site LOL
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by RR Rowdy Burns 5/24/2013, 2:14 pm

I think it looks great, maybe add the line that del mentioned. Sounds great to me sir.
RR Rowdy Burns
RR Rowdy Burns
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 5/24/2013, 2:48 pm

We need one more admin vote and we're good to go. I'll redraft it with suggestions from Del and October
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 5/24/2013, 3:14 pm

Redraft:

Title: Realistic Racing – Xbox Online Racing Leagues.

We are looking for clean, sensible drivers to join our Xbox F1 racing leagues on RealisticRacing.net. We have a vibrant community and have many events running in Forza 4 and we’re looking to expand our F1 racing events

We currently have two F1 leagues – ‘Pro’ and ‘Amateur’ - both are race length 50% with full damage. More information can be found at RealisticRacing.net

The ‘Pro’ league is currently at round 6 (Monaco) and is a full season with no assists, but we have allowed the racing line as an option for this season only. There are 4 spaces available for this and the schedule is aligned to the real F1 season (on the Sunday of the real race). Qualifying/Race starts at 9.30 BST (GMT+1).

The winner(s) of both the Driver and the Constructor Championships will receive a copy of F1 2013 game upon release and 2nd place finishers a copy of F1 2011.

The ‘Am’ league is a weekly event on Tuesdays, starts from 4th June and is a shortened season with assists allowed - there are spaces available for this. Qualifying/Race starts at 9.30 Eastern.

This is just the start as we’re always looking to expand our leagues and for opportunities for new events. We encourage members to participate in discussions and promote ideas for improvements. We’re a multinational site with drivers based in the USA and Europe

If you’re interested check us out at RealisticRacing.net using this thread as a referral or PM me here.

Please ensure that you read our forum rules before signing up.
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next