Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #
Realistic Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Driving Standards

+2
EDC Primo
LethalHoudini
6 posters

Go down

Driving Standards Empty Driving Standards

Post by LethalHoudini 5/25/2013, 9:45 am

Upon reviewing the replays over the last few weeks as you all know I always do, I have noticed a few worrying things. We seem to have a few drivers that have a thought that it's a good idea to keep the throttle planted regardless of what is happening in front of them and it simply is a BAD idea. Even a lift of the throttle sometimes can be enough to avoid an accident. Take the DTM crash in race 2 last night I clearly saw 2 drivers that kept the throttle full regardless of an incident in front of them which in turn just made it all worse than it needed to be.. The bottom line is we need to drive more defensively and in turn that will keep your cars clearer of damage and in turn provide better finishing results in the races. My hopes are that everyone reads this thinks about it and it all gets sorted easily but that mentality has to change so I will be watching all series over the next few weeks and I expect it to clean up. If it doesn't clean up the owners and admin will have to look to work out some sort of action etc. It maybe that we run a race craft class or use our card system etc I am really hoping this gets taken on board and more care is taken without the need for other things needing to be done.
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Driving Standards Empty Re: Driving Standards

Post by EDC Primo 5/25/2013, 9:58 am

I agree i feel there needs to be more respect on the track or run more laps, so people don't feel they need to be in first, and pass every one on the first turn in the first lap. Yes yesterday i made a oops with loungo but i sayed if i need point tooking away i understand, and i said my rearguards to loungo for hitting him. You can ask del i felt soo bad for taking him out and wreaking his race, because thats not how you should race, ik its racing and shit happens but i like to know i beat someone because i was faster around the track, and good clean battles. Not to know i beat you beccause u wreaked, there was lag, or even i seen people would wreak you and keep driving and try to lie about, idk i guess just be more respectful. Its not like were running these cars in real life and millions are on the line.
EDC Primo
EDC Primo
Chief Engineer
Chief Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 5/25/2013, 10:43 am

My post is a polite ask to all drivers please can we all take a little more care especially when a car in front of you is in trouble and I include myself in that also. Trust me I have been having a word with myself all morning.
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by BruinTDog18 5/25/2013, 10:47 am

RR DelZaster wrote:My post is a polite ask to all drivers please can we all take a little more care especially when a car in front of you is in trouble and I include myself in that also. Trust me I have been having a word with myself all morning.

that was me wednesday night lol
BruinTDog18
BruinTDog18
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by EDC Primo 5/25/2013, 10:50 am

haha same how do you think i feel hitting loungo Sad . i hate messing up peoples race. only want to make it fun haha.
EDC Primo
EDC Primo
Chief Engineer
Chief Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/25/2013, 11:01 am

Bruin was right in the middle of a firefight though! He was constantly getting collected! Lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/25/2013, 11:24 am

As you know, I have been preaching this since Nurburg. It would eventually have to happen again, as expected. Agree with your sentiments Del. These cars don't look fragile, but they are. And you can't fix the body damage, of course.It's almost an advantage to start in the back. But I learned from that incident.

Conversely, there are so many factors that come into play, like -- what drivers can actually see (Helli really helped me out with the reprogramming of the X, B, and A buttons to look left right and back, respectively, especially on starts), whether a car moves in front of them while spinning (or stays in the same place), where you are reasonably expected to finish, what type of car/series you are in, whether to avoid one car to hit another, etc. But in general, it's a good idea to stay away from the fray and pass people individually, and not in packs. DTM race 2, I started near the front, let everyone pass, and. by the first turn, was mid-pack due to a pileup. Had that been Nurburg, I would have been in the pileup. From there, with no damage, a better driver could have finished first or second.

I'm sure we will all have our "moments" in the future, but it's always healthy to reflect, modify, ask others you respect how they do it, and then modify and keep if it works.

Last edited by OctoberDusk06 on 5/25/2013, 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by BruinTDog18 5/25/2013, 12:21 pm

OctoberDusk06 wrote:As you know, I have been preaching this since Nurburg. It would eventually have to happen again, as expected. Agree with your sentiments Harry. These cars don't look fragile, but they are. And you can't fix the body damage, of course.It's almost an advantage to start in the back.

like harry said, i was in firefight after firefight and kept getting collected in the melee, didn't matter where I was, front, back, middle.
BruinTDog18
BruinTDog18
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by luongo27 5/25/2013, 2:51 pm

I took a look at the crash Primo, i did break early, but there way no way i braked that hard. Think there may have been a little lag in the mix as well.
luongo27
luongo27
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/25/2013, 2:59 pm

Not surprised as of late. Lag has been ever present all week.

Back to top Go down

Post by TyrannicCymbals 5/25/2013, 3:58 pm

I was feeling bad after getting into Hellisan in Sprint race, October and HRH can attest. It sounds like lag might have played a role in it, because I know I wasn't going 150 and I believe I let off the throttle and turned left cause I saw the pack...Still haven't seen the replay.

Can someone send me the Endurance Replay for DTM?
TyrannicCymbals
TyrannicCymbals
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by s0ul harv3st 5/26/2013, 5:20 pm

Its up on Realistic R1's storefront.
s0ul harv3st
s0ul harv3st
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by TyrannicCymbals 5/26/2013, 5:45 pm

s0ul harv3st wrote:Its up on Realistic R1's storefront.

That was the Sprint, looking for Endurance...
TyrannicCymbals
TyrannicCymbals
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down