Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #
Realistic Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Driving Standards

3 posters

Go down

Driving Standards Empty Driving Standards

Post by LethalHoudini 5/14/2012, 2:02 pm

Upon viewing the replays from the PTCC I have seen a few moves from the drivers listed below I would class as dive bomb moves that weren't really proper clear overtaking opportunities which resulted in drivers having to take avoiding action, track cutting to avoid contact, and some just near misses as well as some contact between cars. A dive bomb move is when a car isn't really close enough to challenge for a position but throws the car up the inside and heads for the apex and hopes etc. So I ask the drivers below to just reign it in a little and if your unsure about a move please er on the side of caution as it isn't in your interest to gain damage either. The races are long enough that even if your at the back of the grid you can be patient and get a good finish place in the race. I see it this way, we do reverse grids to give different people different chances ie leading a race or getting a win or podium etc and not for them to feel intimidated etc. 1 final thought is this, it is down to the car behind to overtake in a safe way that doesn't put cars at risk by there over ambitious actions.

Peeetey
Dylema
Luongo

As we all know 2nd race restarts are a problem at the moment and we are watching it all to try and find out why they are not working out and we are looking at ways to sort these also. Like I said before also applies to the 2nd race reverse grid it is down to the driver behind to negotiate traffic in a safe and fair way and as well to make sure they give the appropriate room needed to the car in front so as not to panic them or force them into trouble which in turn causes accidents. I know the quick guys want to move through as quickly as possible but more patience is needed.

I am more than happy to discuss this post with anyone so please feel free to contact me if you wish. The bottom line is I think a little more patience from everyone will make this all work.
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Driving Standards Empty Re: Driving Standards

Post by Guest 5/14/2012, 2:26 pm

Fair enough mate. Any particular incidents you'd like to highlight?

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylema 5/14/2012, 2:56 pm

I'd also like to ask people to pick your line before you go into the breaking zone. I had one almost incident, turned out to be just a little tap, because on the straight leading into the corner the were protecting the inside line and then right at the breaking zone swung to the out side to take a better line through the corner. This lead to us having a 20 foot or less gap and me having to try to slam on the breaks as they broke earlier then I had to.

Haven't got to see a replay and I don't think it was an attempt to block. Not sure of my point here but maybe it's just give people some room. I know it's racing but closing the door late an be just as dangerous as somebody divebombing.

Dylema
Engineer
Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylema 5/14/2012, 2:58 pm

Dubbl0HPeeetey wrote:Fair enough mate. Any particular incidents you'd like to highlight?

I didn't get a chance to say it in the race, no mic obviously, but you didn't make contact going into the chicane. I tried to make sure I didn't run you wide and got caught on the grass and hit the wall on my own.

Dylema
Engineer
Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 5/14/2012, 3:01 pm

I have sent you the replay and obviously please feel free to continue these conversations via pm with me after to discuss anything you wish and I will listen to every drivers point of view etc.
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/14/2012, 3:34 pm

Dylema wrote:
Dubbl0HPeeetey wrote:Fair enough mate. Any particular incidents you'd like to highlight?

I didn't get a chance to say it in the race, no mic obviously, but you didn't make contact going into the chicane. I tried to make sure I didn't run you wide and got caught on the grass and hit the wall on my own.

Yeah I checked the replay afterwards and it looked like you just went in a little too hot at too shallow an angle. Unlucky there mate, it was a good fight while it lasted Smile
At the time I wasn't sure if I'd cut you off and glanced you inro the wall

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylema 5/14/2012, 6:20 pm

A quick question in regards to overtaking. If the lead car licks up and leaves the gap to the inside. Do they still have the right to cut the corner to the inside and almost make contact?

Dylema
Engineer
Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 5/14/2012, 6:37 pm

I think it's great that we can have these discussions openly and that nobody is taking offence - it highlights that our goal is to enjoy good clean racng and that we can all make mistakes and learn from them.

Dylema, picking your line before the braking zone - I think everyone does this really, but braking zones may differ for each driver, so suggest the chasing driver watch for a corner or two or even a lap or two to work out how the driver is front is taking particular corners before making your move.

Also, don't forget that the driver in front doesn't have complete vision (don't think many of us have a 3 screen setup), so may not know which line the driver behind is taking - which is why it is imperative that we communicate with each other on the track - headsets & microphones are essential.

I agree that intentional blocking isn't accepted or in the spirit of clean racing.
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 5/14/2012, 6:43 pm

Dylema wrote:A quick question in regards to overtaking. If the lead car licks up and leaves the gap to the inside. Do they still have the right to cut the corner to the inside and almost make contact?

Mate, I think you'll find the answer to that question HERE
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 5/14/2012, 6:53 pm

20) DRIVING
20.1 The driver must drive the car alone and unaided.
20.2 Drivers must use the track at all times. For the avoidance of doubt the white lines defining the track edges are considered to be part of the track but the kerbs are not.
A driver will be judged to have left the track if no part of the car remains in contact with the track.
Should a car leave the track the driver may rejoin, however, this may only be done when it is safe to do so and without gaining any advantage.
A driver may not deliberately leave the track without justifiable reason.
20.3 More than one change of direction to defend a position is not permitted. Any driver moving back towards the racing line, having earlier defended his position off‐line, should leave at least one car width between his own car and the edge of the track on the approach to the corner.
20.4 Manoeuvres liable to hinder other drivers, such as deliberate crowding of a car beyond the edge of the track or any other abnormal change of direction, are not permitted.
20.5 As soon as a car is caught by another car which is about to lap it during the race the driver must allow the faster driver past at the first available opportunity. If the driver who has been caught does not allow the faster driver past, waved blue flags will be shown to indicate that he must allow the following driver to overtake.

We basically use the same principal, its the responsibility of the car overtaking to do it safely as well to a point it's down to both drivers to use common sense and do there best to give each other enough room etc.

Like I say racing here is very good and we all make mistakes wed just like to tighten up on a couple of things. I also need to know if someone is struggling with there car under braking or whatever so we can do what we can to help people. We aren't out to hammer people etc we want to help.

I hope this helps, I am also looking to find some diagrams etc on the net to explain things better and make things clearer.
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylema 5/14/2012, 7:27 pm

According to that post by tell I'd be at fault in this non-incident incident. I backed out of the move when I got cut off but I was carrying more momentum into the corner and took advantage of a lock up. Hard to say how exactly when someone will regain traction. Also it was after a long chase back into the race so maybe it was a bit over zealous after catching him with 2 laps left. Honestly I'm not sure where fault would have lied if contact was made which is why I'm having a discussion with del just to get a better idea. I don't think any of us intend to take anyone out.

Dylema
Engineer
Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 5/14/2012, 7:42 pm

Oh exactly. A guide is if you had made contact with the said car level with the rear wheels or behind its the fault (I use the word fault lightly obviously) of the driver behind. If the cars make contact at the level front door pillar or further forward it's down to the other driver not giving room. This is the average rule of thumb we use when making decisions. I know sometimes this can seem harsh 1 way or the other and occasionally there are exceptions and we do rule every incident on its own merits. We also look at what happens after ie if someone does cause an incident but lets the said car back past etc we obviously give credit for that also.

The reason I am posting this here is because I think its helpful for everyone to know how we judge things etc.
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 5/15/2012, 4:19 am

This may help.

Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP