Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #
Realistic Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Green Monster Toyota Celica Trophy (GMTCT) - Coming Soon

+4
HONUSDAN
Bondzai
b macdaddy
LethalHoudini
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Green Monster Toyota Celica Trophy (GMTCT) - Coming Soon - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Monster Toyota Celica Trophy (GMTCT) - Coming Soon

Post by b macdaddy 12/10/2014, 8:42 pm

sounds good
b macdaddy
b macdaddy
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Green Monster Toyota Celica Trophy (GMTCT) - Coming Soon - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Monster Toyota Celica Trophy (GMTCT) - Coming Soon

Post by b macdaddy 12/11/2014, 12:59 am

some of the best racing we have had yet totally awesome
b macdaddy
b macdaddy
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 12/11/2014, 1:04 am

sKy
I will take a look at the clutch and see what it does etc etc I have a twist added to the series so I am not sure I will add the clutch or not but I will add 1 to my car and see how much it changes it etc.

Thank you all very much for running the car tonight it was great to see so many cars on the track and the racing was good.  All I can say is it will only get closer.
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Bondzai 12/11/2014, 8:51 am

That was some good ass racing last night. It was nice not being way behind everyone else.

Bondzai
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 12/11/2014, 9:53 am

Mr Bond sir let me know when you are on and il get you u up to speed with things as my number 2 buddy
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 12/11/2014, 10:08 am

I have looked at the clutch request and decided the following

I changed my settings and ran my car on automatic at Sebring for an 8 lap race and looked at the time difference on my lap time from last nights race. I understand the car changes early on automatic and doesn't rev to the race line etc. I also know I could re tune my gearbox etc to make that a bit better for running automatic plus the following reasons

A. It is your choice to run automatic
B. With the twist I have planned if you struggle that much it will help you out

I hope you trust me and run in the series but if you choose not to run I understand.
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Skywarp 72 12/11/2014, 10:45 am

Thank you for taking a look at it. Its not the early shifting that's taking a toll its the huge time inbetween shifts that's making straightaway speed suffer and there is no tuning that can decrease shift time.

However, I will take your word on the twist and will participate in the series.
Skywarp 72
Skywarp 72
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 12/11/2014, 11:44 am

So are you saying you can't adjust your gearbox so the rev drop is within the torque band of the car? I know it is a noticeable drop? Just asking
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Skywarp 72 12/11/2014, 11:54 am

Again, while you can adjust for shift points you cannot adjust the time it takes to shift inbetween gears. When adding a clutch remember that when you start off with a stock one, the uprades tell you how much faster of a shift time you will have. That shorter time inbetween gears equals faster straightaway speeds. Imagine driving a manual and taking your time inbetween shifts, how much time would you lose? Try driving it again but this time not paying attention to the shift points, but the lagging time inbetween shifts where the car is not accelerating and maybe race someone or a ghost and see how that dead time in between shifts make straight speeds suffer. I was running Macs tune last night and the shift points were great, it stays within the power band, but it takes too long to shift from gear to gear.
Skywarp 72
Skywarp 72
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 12/11/2014, 11:55 am

Mine in auto dropped a little below the torque band but then mine was built for manual with clutch.
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 12/11/2014, 12:00 pm

I know what your saying about shift time etc for top end.  I was asking bout torque curve as well.  I never run auto n I tried mine at Sebring n was just under a second a lap off my time from last night.  I am just tryin to work out exactly what the twist will meen for you as you run auto all the time.  I know youl have to work hard etc im not denying that.
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Skywarp 72 12/11/2014, 12:08 pm

I'm not afraid of the work and I'm entrusting your twist.
Skywarp 72
Skywarp 72
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 12/11/2014, 12:11 pm

Oh I hear you im just trying to understand the exact time difference and where you get the car by race day n throughout the season to not make a wrong decision I need all the info I can get.  It makes it tougher as I dont want to give away to anyone what the twist is etc lol.
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 12/11/2014, 12:13 pm

If I get this wrong I will definitely appologise to you personally.  Im quietly confident youl be ok 1 way or another
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Bondzai 12/11/2014, 2:07 pm

LethalHoudini wrote:Mr Bond sir let me know when you are on and il get you u up to speed with things as my number 2 buddy

I won't be home tonight but we can get in a party on Friday night or talk over Kakao.

Bondzai
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 12/11/2014, 3:11 pm

Friday works mate that's fine
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2