Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #
Realistic Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Series Discussion

+7
Gargos
HCR Delirium
THE DOCTORZ
HONUSDAN
Sniper919
HCR M Angelo
FIVE STAR Swaga
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Series Discussion  Empty Series Discussion

Post by LethalHoudini 12/9/2014, 5:16 pm

Please use this thread to discuss anything series related that is not covered elsewhere. Also please use the threads for the topic they have been created for.

Thank you
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Series Discussion  Empty Re: Series Discussion

Post by LethalHoudini 12/9/2014, 6:06 pm

The points table will be ready in time for week 1 Helen has to make it etc.
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 10/21/2015, 10:25 am

Just over a day to go to race day please make sure you have read the rules checked your builds and paints etc. Also please remember to be online and ready to race at least 15 mins before the start time.

I wish everyone good luck for the series and I hope you all have fun
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by FIVE STAR Swaga 10/23/2015, 12:47 am

Great racing tonight, had some intense battles @gargos can't wait for next week
FIVE STAR Swaga
FIVE STAR Swaga
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Back to top Go down

Post by GRD 4 3L 10/23/2015, 9:45 am

Glad to be in the mid pack . . .
GRD 4 3L
GRD 4 3L
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Back to top Go down

Post by Sniper919 10/23/2015, 10:04 am

Last night was a blast. I wish I had found consistent pace like delirium and doc.
Sniper919
Sniper919
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR M Angelo 10/23/2015, 10:59 am

If you find it, pass some back to us slow guys eh
HCR M Angelo
HCR M Angelo
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by THE DOCTORZ 10/23/2015, 11:54 am

That was good racing last night. Embarrassing I ran out of gas at the end of race #1 but still good fun

THE DOCTORZ
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 10/23/2015, 12:49 pm

Last night was great fun for me.  The racing was awesome some really good moves and lap times etc.  It certainly had a bit of everything. I also appreciate everyone's patience whilst I was explaining things and if we can keep that level of race chat etc that would be awesome too. Thank you very much the success of last night was down to you guys. It made my night so easy and thank you for that.

I have to apologize for being late today.  I have just woken up it's my fault but I am on it and I will get it all done.  As at this time the twist is the most important I will start with that and then il go through the replays checking artworks and builds etc.

Once I am done I need to catch up n chat with:
skywarp
ArsenalnUrMouth
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Gargos 10/23/2015, 1:05 pm

I liked the racing last night. Probably because we all have a spec car, but the times were tighter than I've seen them in Forza for some time. This was what I was hoping I could have gotten out of PCars.
Gargos
Gargos
Engineer
Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sniper919 10/23/2015, 1:08 pm

Honestly Chelsea I found speed the more I ran competitively. Running with others teaches me the most and is extremely valuable.

You were saying last night you found speed in race 2. That's most likely due to following quicker drivers. You learn from your competition. Break points, acceleration points, turn-in points, etc.

You may not even realize your doing it but subconsciously you mind is adapting to be able to run with those guys.

I hadn't run under a 1.30.5 all week by myself. But racing with delirium and doc I ran some 1.30 flats like you did in race number 2.

As much of a cleshay as this is practice makes perfect. Unfortunately most don't have the time to put in. But for example Delirium and fivestar ran a ton of laps this week and it paid off in dividends. Maybe not wins but strong finishes.

Tuning also makes a huge difference. My car compared to doc in race one was great through sector one. His was dynamite of the hairpin onto the straight. Two ways of accomplishing the same goal.

Delirium idk if you mentioned this last night but dI'd docs drive off corners prevent you from making a move there? I know you mentioned you had some dive bomb opportunities into turn one.

Thsee things are why I wish the racing school/academy worked out. Driving and Tuning instruction wold have been great for the site. Even things like race craft and strategy would have been discussed which really got me the win on race 1. On the flip side it hurt Doc and gargos.

I know I've said there isn't strategy in Forza. That isn't true. I just wish it was more in depth.

Anyway that's a long enough rant/opinion.
Sniper919
Sniper919
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by HONUSDAN 10/23/2015, 1:31 pm

I tried following you in race two, Sniper. You just ran away too quick. cyclops
HONUSDAN
HONUSDAN
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by THE DOCTORZ 10/23/2015, 1:43 pm

Funny you say that sniper. I tuned my car specifically to be fast off the hairpin. It is the one and only place I knew I was quicker than everyone. I did it because I knew if I held my line everywhere else it would be almost impossible for anybody to pass me on that track because it's so tight unless I made a mistake. I feel it's the only reason I was able to keep delirium behind me in race #2 and win. He was clearly faster but had no way to pass.

THE DOCTORZ
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 10/23/2015, 1:43 pm

I had a few goals for this series and i'm trying a few new ways to get what I want to achieve and to be honest I did loads of testing but wel know about half way through the season if I got it right

Help guys that have a rough race night
Different winners
close exciting racing
suprise to keep it fresh
Some sort of strategy
make race craft count
Reward practice
Getting guys used to checking the site
If you struggle in race 1 the points are in such a way you can recover a bit in race 2

Anyone that knows me knows I am hugely self critical and even though week 1 accomplished some of those I don't take that for granted we will really know about halfway through the season if it's a success or not.  All I can say is it wasn't a 2 min throw together job and I have done my best with it to my ability.
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 10/23/2015, 1:52 pm

Advisory
@GRD

Please can you check the rules & regulations for the artwork requirements. There were a few things I couldn't spot on your car.

DW#43 LOGO - 5 SERIES BONUS POINTS - not compulsory
Pirelli logo
RR official series logo

Please can you put it right for next week m8. If it is not put right for next week you will receive 3 penalty points for each infringement. If you are unsure please message me and il gladly help as I am sure sniper will also etc.
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Delirium 10/23/2015, 2:04 pm

@Nips: Yeah, turn 1 and one other corner were the two corners I felt the most comfortable passing someone. Doc did a really good job of covering those corners. There were a few other corners I could pull it off with a slight dive bomb, but the risk for me was too great. I didn't want to end both of our races and have a strong finish, so I kept pressing for him to mess up in my strong corners and just kept right on him through the rest of the track, I think 2 or 3 laps in a row I was about 15 behind doc going into turn 1. I even gave him a love tap once on accident. All in all, I had a lot of fun though.
HCR Delirium
HCR Delirium
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sniper919 10/23/2015, 2:18 pm

@Del and @GRD I'd be happy to help.
Sniper919
Sniper919
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Gargos 10/23/2015, 3:10 pm

Sniper919 wrote:Thsee things are why I wish the racing school/academy worked out. Driving and Tuning instruction wold have been great for the site. Even things like race craft and strategy would have been discussed which really got me the win on race 1. On the flip side it hurt Doc and gargos.

The only thing that hurt me was not knowing that the Celica had the gas tank of a sippy cup. Any race car could have realistically gone beyond 18 laps of this track without needing fuel. Additionally, not knowing there was a fuel indicator because all races online and single player are never run with any fuel wear, or certainly not through any distance enough that fuel would matter. If it was something like PCars, knowing full well ahead of time that the fuel usage was on 3X, that would certainly come into my strategy. Also, I can't really think of too many racing series where there would not be a low fuel warning gauge. Even if it doesn't count the number of laps you can still run, at least a warning light to say "low fuel" would be good. This was in Forza 5 and was apparently... and inexplicably... taken out. Not a fault of this series, but a fault of Turn 10. You include a much wider variety of actual race cars into your new game, but remove a component of said competitive racing? That makes no sense, but it makes perfect Turn 10 sense.
Gargos
Gargos
Engineer
Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by GRD 4 3L 10/23/2015, 3:29 pm

LethalHoudini wrote:Advisory
@GRD

Please can you check the rules & regulations for the artwork requirements.  There were a few things I couldn't spot on your car.

DW#43 LOGO - 5 SERIES BONUS POINTS - not compulsory
Pirelli logo
RR official series logo

Please can you put it right for next week m8.  If it is not put right for next week you will receive 3 penalty points for each infringement.  If you are unsure please message me and il gladly help as I am sure sniper will also etc.
Facepalm! Will definitely do for next race. I think Yokohama will be very upset . . .
GRD 4 3L
GRD 4 3L
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 10/23/2015, 4:02 pm

LOL np buddy
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 10/27/2015, 3:50 pm

Brits
Don't forget our clocks changed so this week the race will be 1am for us not 2am. Next week we will be back to 2am as the Americans clocks change this weekend.
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by luongo27 10/27/2015, 4:41 pm

Roger, i love these two weeks as hockey's on earlier Smile
luongo27
luongo27
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 10/30/2015, 2:03 pm

Well what can I say, another superb night of racing from everyone and it a pleasure to run things for you guys.  2 real stand out drives from Delirium and Gargos.  A 1st and 2nd for Mr Gargos with 10 bonus points for 2 podiums sees him go top the the drivers standings by 1 point over Delirium who himself had 2 strong 4th place drives and was very unlucky not to make the podium.  Doctorz also had 2 great drives which now puts 3 drivers at the top separated by only 1 point.  Poor Fivestar got a bit screwed by the game but is right up there in 4th place.  I made yet another error in race 1 firstly getting turn 3 badly wrong and then running out of fuel but did a recovery job getting a podium in race 2 which I think is my 1st podium since IMSA Cup.  Luongo also had strong drives that I think will only get stronger the more time he spends on the car if he can tear himself away from Destiny lol.  Sniper not attending sucked for him as he dropped from leading the championship to 10th so he is on a rebuilding session and I am sure hel be strong in the coming races.

I plan to get a few photos up on the site this week, if any of you guys get the time to do some id really appreciate it.  The grid deserves them the cars look awesome in battle.  I have enjoyed watching the replays etc great looking cars some really classy overtakes and quality clean racing in abundance.

I thank you all
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by FIVE STAR Swaga 10/30/2015, 3:15 pm

Thank you this series is turning out to be one of the most intense, due to the fact that Forza didn't like me last night I had a good battle for 7th. Props should go to Chelsea because he had to fight me off the last couple of laps, all in all it was some great racing
FIVE STAR Swaga
FIVE STAR Swaga
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Back to top Go down

Post by luongo27 10/30/2015, 4:13 pm

Some of the cleanest racing i can remember, especially with how tight the midfield was in race two. Really enjoyed the racing and i think the hot lap will be fun this week.
luongo27
luongo27
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next