Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #
Realistic Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brief season review (the story so far)

Go down

Brief season review (the story so far) Empty Brief season review (the story so far)

I know i have not been about much, well at all! So i thought i would let you know whats been going on, if nothing else it gives you something to read and a few pics to look at.

I was all excited for the start of the year with having the big off last year, and just getting out in the last race of the season.
1st round at Anglesey. The weather was real shitty for this one, heavy rain and strong winds as i rolled out for practice, some of the worst weather i have ever rode in. Thats including two years as a motorcycle despatch rider. But it went well an i could tell i was moving quicker than a lot of the other riders even noticing that i passed some of them twice in the short session.

Brief season review (the story so far) Ang%20rd%201%202015%20mkiii_zps6cdidgby

The weather had started to ease for race 1, the road is still wet but it was no longer raining, still needed full wets. I'm on the 3rd row of the grid on the inside, feeling confident.

Brief season review (the story so far) Ang%20rd%202%202015%20mkii_zpsq4r1ngzf

The lights go off and its go go go as we all start tipping in to turn one there is a coming together of riders right in front of me and they go down taking a 3rd rider out as there bikes slide to the outside (so glad i was on the inside) It is a multi class race an i'm on the slowest of the classes but i'm doing alright, one or two of the more powerfull bikes come past on the longer straights only to be expected as i was 12th off the grid of 40 bikes. towards the end of the 2nd lap i was trying a little to hard to keep up with the faster machines an i tip the front, I hit the ground hard! and get my hand caught up with the bike and get dragged up the road by my arm, as i stop tumbleing i can't get my breath and just able to crawl to the bike and switch it off as the throttle is jammed on. Still crouched on my hands and knees unable to breathe the marshals help me up and i walk to behind the tyre wall and start checking myself. Nothing broke but i know my shoulder aint right, quick look over the bike and my 1st thought was its not that bad, might get out for the second race.
Those thoughts didn't last long as the pain sets in, i have to go see the Doc its in the rules when you jump off one. like i said nothing broke but my pride, and my mate who helps me out looks gutted as well, an i quote "your starting this year as you ended last INJURED!"
I'm not having that an i say i will be ok for next week.

A week later an we are off to Tonfanau, It's easter sunday and the sun is very much out. But I'm not in good shape, I have only just got my shoulder moving an i have noticed that the front of my lower rib is very sore.
2 practice sessions and 3 races
We get sorted an it's a struggle to put my leathers on, an even harder to get on the bike, I go out and do my practice sessions, an i'm going to race. Knowing it will be hard and this place having one of the scariest turn ones that i have come across, I put myself to the back of the grid for race 1.
That was a waste of time as soon as the lights go out i'm on the gas and trying to get in amongst them, big stop for turn 1 and I can't brake no where near late enough. It's only a mile per lap at the end i didn't get lapped and i had moved up to 15-21 i think (with out digging time sheets out) so i'm sort of happy but it was hard work.

Brief season review (the story so far) 10676199_662086060569649_4236813454118329080_n_zps3nk3xook

Brief season review (the story so far) 11091483_662085870569668_3160979507160666024_n_zpsvevsm5dn

I go out for the 2nd race an i take my 15th on the grid, I make a good start but again can't do turn 1 and I yoyo between a place or two for a couple of laps an again finish 15th. I pull in the paddock and I can't move my arm my hand is stuck to the throttle grip and have to use my other arm to help move it off, it's at this point i call it a day, we pack up and go home not doing race 3.
Oultan park in 3 weeks should be fitter for that.

My home race Oultan park
My shoulder is ok, I still have a pain in my rib, an I notice as I kit up that my back protector has a small buckel right against my sore spot, I guess that hit my rib as I smacked the ground at Anglesey. Feeling good though an as i did a few track days here before the start of the season I'm sure it will be a good day.

Brief season review (the story so far) 59454079-IMG_0914_zpsd7gc83p5

Brief season review (the story so far) 59454077-IMG_9338_zpsdrgikfv5

No it didn't go that way, right behind my mate as he shoots off through knicker brooke, looks like a big tumble. Spoke after an his throttle stuck open, smashed his knee as well, not broke but painful. After that I just could not get going which I was gutted about, as when I did my track days I felt a lot faster. Thought I was trying hard but found myself way off the pace. Put it down to a lack of confidence.  Got to stop jumping off it

Its at about this point that my new boss (tupee'd over to a two bit penny pinching outfit) starts trying to tell me that I can't have the days off that I booked, well I'm very sorry but I'm having them, an I took them (this shit is still going on, but i'm taking my days. It's like they think they can tell me what to do or something)

Time for the 1st round at Aintree
I like this little track 1.5 miles round but its fast

Brief season review (the story so far) 11060890_857833160929424_7876966915705672627_n_zpsawgo3r9p

Arrive full of the joys of spring but again find myself going backwards and struggle all day to match my times from last year and its starting to get me down, its getting in my head now and at the end of the day we pack and leave

Brief season review (the story so far) 59862013-15_1_A1-2015_zpsbcektnlm

A few weeks off  and then back to Aintree, in the four weeks that have passed I have been having a right good word with myself, an I try something else I put my gear ratio high as I can with the sprockets that I have making the gears as tall as I can
The weather report is for rain all day an as I look out in the morning just before setting off it looks like they are right. The closer we get to Liverpool the better it seems to get an as we arrive at Aintree the sun comes out. never rained all day its was brill the sun shone all day.

Qually race went well on the back of the lead group and smashed my PB gearing feels great bike feels great. 3rd row

Brief season review (the story so far) 11008436_10152919986952711_640564144188426190_n_zpsrcd9fp4p

main race finished where I started but I qualified that well that was happy with that I'M BACK!
felt fast was a lot faster than i have ever been, did make a few small errors in the race but was able to pull the ground back up Although i still got a long way to go this was my best finish yet, it's nice when you come on to the start finish straight for the last time and you can still see the leader just crossing the line.

Brief season review (the story so far) 60357959-IMG_1958_zpsifkwlxch

Brief season review (the story so far) 60357960-IMG_0754_zpstkjxxedd

A few weeks off again now as I'm in the Isle of Mann in a few weeks for a little holiday watching the southern 100
I'll try not leaving it so long next time
cheers
je11yfish 15
je11yfish 15
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Brief season review (the story so far) :: Comments

je11yfish 15

Post 6/15/2015, 11:41 pm by je11yfish 15

done its a long one you might want to make a brew. cheers

Back to top Go down

HONUSDAN

Post 6/16/2015, 3:11 pm by HONUSDAN

It's great to see you back racing. I love seeing the shots. Thank you for sharing them.

Back to top Go down

s0ul harv3st

Post 6/16/2015, 7:38 pm by s0ul harv3st

Nice!

Back to top Go down

je11yfish 15

Post 6/16/2015, 8:25 pm by je11yfish 15

cheers, wish i could get myself sorted and get a one, i do miss racing on forza with you lot. even going round and round for hours trying to get your car right.

Back to top Go down

LethalHoudini

Post 6/16/2015, 10:15 pm by LethalHoudini

Moto GP game coming stevie boy lol. Man up n get your wallet out u tight git lol

Back to top Go down

je11yfish 15

Post 6/17/2015, 4:18 am by je11yfish 15

Cheers Del Twisted Evil
I have seen the TV add's not really craving that game but i'm missing gaming, i know i said if nothing went wrong i would have one in spring, but shit goes wrong. I am having some fun at work though

Back to top Go down

Sniper919

Post 6/17/2015, 3:42 pm by Sniper919

Stevie great write-up m8. I'm glad you had a good showing your last time out and your pace is improving. Tuff start to the season but you seemed to bounce back. Hope your pace continues buddy. Be safe!

Back to top Go down

je11yfish 15

Post 6/17/2015, 9:10 pm by je11yfish 15

cheers sniper

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down