Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #
Realistic Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Classic LeMans Friday, Dec 9, 9pm EST (-5 GMT)

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Classic LeMans Friday, Dec 9, 9pm EST (-5 GMT) Empty Classic LeMans Friday, Dec 9, 9pm EST (-5 GMT)

Post by Guest 12/6/2011, 10:00 am

Event Type: Multi-Class
Cars:
Class 1 - Touring Cars (A Class)
'61 Jag E-Type
'64 Aston DB5
'64 Ferrari GTO
'65 Shelby Daytona
'67 Corvette Stingray

Class 2 - GT (S Class)
'66 Ford GT40
'67 Ferrari 330 P4

No more than 2 racers per car, please!

Track: Sebring Full 25 laps
(Qualifying race - 5 laps of Sebring Short (not Club) simulation damage, collisions off)

Damage: Simulation

Car modification requirements:
Drag tires mandatory
Roll cage mandatory
No engine swaps
No drivetrain swaps
No aspiration conversions

Sport transmission allowed (allows change of rear gear only).

Starting order:
Qualifying race - grid set by descending PI, 5 second delay between cars, simulation damage, collisions off
Race - grid set by reverse lobby points, 1 second delay between cars, S class rolls off first, A class right behind (different from test night to give A class more time before S class is breathing down their neck)

Note - Field limited to 12 cars (will add CPU cars to fill the field if needed) to reduce lag and preserve damage modeling.

Participants:
S Class
Peeetey - GT40
dcauto - 330P4

A Class
DirtyDawg73 - Shelby Daytona
sniper919 - Ferrari GTO
luongo27 - Aston DB5

This is being cut down to a 2 race series (I'll be travelling on Dec 23rd). Race 2 will be at Old LeMans (15 laps) on Dec 16th.

Last edited by DirtyDawg73 on 12/8/2011, 9:30 am; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Classic LeMans Friday, Dec 9, 9pm EST (-5 GMT) Empty Re: Classic LeMans Friday, Dec 9, 9pm EST (-5 GMT)

Post by Guest 12/6/2011, 6:35 pm

I'm in. Ford GT40

Back to top Go down

Classic LeMans Friday, Dec 9, 9pm EST (-5 GMT) Empty Re: Classic LeMans Friday, Dec 9, 9pm EST (-5 GMT)

Post by dcauto 12/7/2011, 7:38 am

I'll have a go. I'll stick with the 330 for variety.
dcauto
dcauto
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/7/2011, 12:26 pm

Updated. Also, Sniper919 has some really good ideas for a similar series.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sniper919 12/7/2011, 2:24 pm

DirtyDawg you know that im in as of right now. Ill run the 64 Ferrari GTO. Hopefully this race/test will give us a chance to talk ideas for the series. Look forward to seeing you guys on track.
Sniper919
Sniper919
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 12/7/2011, 3:11 pm

welcome to RR sniper. It's great to see you getting involved from the off that's exactly whats needed here.

Thank you sir
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by dcauto 12/7/2011, 9:18 pm

Sense we're still just testing this could I install the blower on the 330 to get 700 PI.
dcauto
dcauto
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/7/2011, 9:23 pm

This isn't a test.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/7/2011, 11:25 pm

Iirc DC, we were posting similar times and were matched in top speed. It's mainly handling differences that seperate our cars I reckon.
The 330 has better accel and way less weight, the GT40 has more power, weight and better stability imo.

A supercharger may tip the balance heavily.

Back to top Go down

Post by luongo27 12/7/2011, 11:40 pm

will run the aston again, damn slow tho
luongo27
luongo27
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sniper919 12/8/2011, 1:55 am

This was my idea that i sent to DirtyDawg:

I was going to run a A class, a C class, and a D class. Heres what I was planning on running.

Universal Rules - No Engine Swaps, No Drivetrain Swaps, Remove all bumpers(if available), and sports Tran(unless noted). (thought about drag tires but hadn't played around with it yet).

A class - 510 HP Limit - PI Limit 570

Ferrari 330
Gt 40 MK II
Shelby Cobra 427(race tran)
Shelby Daytona Coupe
Ferrari 250 GTO

C class - 450 HP Limit - PI Limit 425 (HP limit set on Corvette Stock)
Aston Martin DBR1
Jaguar D-Type
Corvette C2
Ferrari Testa Rossa (race tran i think)

D class - 345 HP Limit - PI Limit 350
Jaguar E-type
Aston DB5
Ferrari 250 California
(Dino)* maybe

I tested most of the cars at these settings and for the A and C class at Le Mans the 5 cars where separated by less than a second. Which I thought for Le Mans was great.
Sniper919
Sniper919
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by dcauto 12/8/2011, 7:15 am

Can you blame me for trying?
dcauto
dcauto
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by dcauto 12/8/2011, 7:36 am

sniper919 wrote:This was my idea that i sent to DirtyDawg:

I was going to run a A class, a C class, and a D class. Heres what I was planning on running.

Universal Rules - No Engine Swaps, No Drivetrain Swaps, Remove all bumpers(if available), and sports Tran(unless noted). (thought about drag tires but hadn't played around with it yet).

Ferrari 330
Gt 40 MK II
Shelby Daytona Coupe
Ferrari 250 GTO

Aston Martin DBR1
Jaguar D-Type
Corvette C2

Jaguar E-type
Aston DB5
Ferrari 250 California
(Dino)* maybe

I tested most of the cars at these settings and for the A and C class at Le Mans the 5 cars where separated by less than a second. Which I thought for Le Mans was great.

I really don't have a problem with the way Dawg has it setup. Petey and I were running damn close lap times in the test. I was just Trollin.
dcauto
dcauto
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/8/2011, 9:26 am

dcauto wrote:
sniper919 wrote:This was my idea that i sent to DirtyDawg:

Ferrari 330
Gt 40 MK II
Shelby Daytona Coupe
Ferrari 250 GTO

Aston Martin DBR1
Jaguar D-Type
Corvette C2

Jaguar E-type
Aston DB5
Ferrari 250 California
(Dino)* maybe

I really don't have a problem with the way Dawg has it setup. Petey and I were running damn close lap times in the test. I was just Trollin.

When we run these cars again (in a longer series) I definitely like sniper919's format.

It looks like we are going to have plenty of variety in 2012!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/8/2011, 9:29 am

luongo27 wrote:will run the aston again, damn slow tho

I'll take a look at some build options tonight and see what exceptions are needed for the Aston.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/8/2011, 10:16 am

dcauto wrote:Can you blame me for trying?

Nope, I would've too Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sniper919 12/8/2011, 10:30 am

Hey guys I have to make a teaser trailer in my animation class. I was hoping tomorrow maybe we could do 1 lap prior to the actual race. I figured making a teaser would complete the project and at the same time be used for advertisement for the series.
Sniper919
Sniper919
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/8/2011, 10:36 am

Sounds good. I'll get the lobby setup around 8:30 so we can do some short practice runs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/8/2011, 10:58 am

I'll join you if I'm on. I was going to do the same thing with the F50 series.

Btw Dawg, I don't mind doing it, but can I stick with the gulf livery or do I have to make my own considering it doesn't have my driver number?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sniper919 12/8/2011, 11:04 am

Thanks DirtyDawg it would be a great way to advertise the series maybe on the forza forums. If people see you actually spent time on a series they'll join. Thats my opinion though.
Sniper919
Sniper919
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/8/2011, 11:05 am

Dubbl0HPeeetey wrote:

Btw Dawg, I don't mind doing it, but can I stick with the gulf livery or do I have to make my own considering it doesn't have my driver number?

Entirely up to you. A nice thing about these older racecars is how basic the liveries were.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/8/2011, 7:10 pm

luongo27 wrote:will run the aston again, damn slow tho

I sent over a build that has a little more speed (6.0). Acceleration is pretty doggone good though.

Back to top Go down

Post by luongo27 12/8/2011, 8:25 pm

kl will check it out later
luongo27
luongo27
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sniper919 12/9/2011, 10:58 am

I know we may only have 5 guys racing tonight but Im pumped to see these beautiful cars compete once again. Hopefully we can grab some more drivers for the next race but 5 is better than none. See you guys tonight.

Also does anyone have the old Shell logo made? Was going to put it on my car but I don't have the time tonight to make it. Let me know.
Sniper919
Sniper919
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sniper919 12/9/2011, 10:59 am

dcauto wrote:

Neither do I but with the way I set it up we could have more cars available. I just wanted to post my idea since DirtyDawg mentioned it.
Sniper919
Sniper919
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next