Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #
Realistic Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fanatec Wheel Users: I have a question

2 posters

Go down

Fanatec Wheel Users: I have a question Empty Fanatec Wheel Users: I have a question

Post by Guest 5/22/2012, 9:19 am

I've had my GT2 and Clubsport pedals since October or November, and my lap times are still about 3-4 seconds slower on average than I am with the controller. Have any of you found some decent settings that have helped get your lap times down?

Right now I have:
Steering: Simulation
Sensitivity: 300 (900 is ridiculous, my car only has about 540)
FF: 80-100
SHO: 100
ABS: 78
DRI: 0
LIN: 0
DEA: 0
SPR: 0
DPR: 0

Back to top Go down

Fanatec Wheel Users: I have a question Empty Re: Fanatec Wheel Users: I have a question

Post by Owen0501 5/22/2012, 2:41 pm

I'm around 2 - 3 seconds off a controller time depending on the track, and I think we've got to accept that wheel times are always going to be a little slower because of the input speed, no buffering.

Pete explained it to me and there's some info out there on the web, but here is a good site for Fanatec wheel settings:

Fanatec Wheel Settings

I'll check my settings when I get home and post them, but they may not be of much help as it's really down to personal choice.

I prefer the wheel because of the feeling of actually driving a car, but controller is definitely quicker.
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Fanatec Wheel Users: I have a question Empty Re: Fanatec Wheel Users: I have a question

Post by Guest 5/22/2012, 3:12 pm

Owen0501 wrote:I'm around 2 - 3 seconds off a controller time depending on the track, and I think we've got to accept that wheel times are always going to be a little slower because of the input speed, no buffering.

Pete explained it to me and there's some info out there on the web, but here is a good site for Fanatec wheel settings:

Fanatec Wheel Settings

I'll check my settings when I get home and post them, but they may not be of much help as it's really down to personal choice.

I prefer the wheel because of the feeling of actually driving a car, but controller is definitely quicker.

Thanks. I've tried a lot of the settings on that site, as well as some suggestions from the guys on FM.net.

And I agree that the wheel makes the game more fun. I just miss being near the top of the finishing order.

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 5/30/2012, 1:06 pm

Dawg, i forgot to post my settings. They're below:

Steering: Normal
Sensitivity: 540
FF: 80
ABS: 80
DRI: -3

I also have ACL turned on - I thought I had it turned off, so I've been using ACL and manual clutch - call me an idiot!

I'm guessing it's the ACL that has helped improve my times, but I don't think it's available on the GT2.

Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/30/2012, 1:11 pm

Owen0501 wrote:Dawg, i forgot to post my settings. They're below:

Steering: Normal
Sensitivity: 540
FF: 80
ABS: 80
DRI: -3

I also have ACL turned on - I thought I had it turned off, so I've been using ACL and manual clutch - call me an idiot!

I'm guessing it's the ACL that has helped improve my times, but I don't think it's available on the GT2.

Thanks. And you're right about ACL. That would be a life saver. I don't understand their decision to not enable it on the GT2 (it's in the firmware as, I believe, it was not available when the CSRs first shipped). I was seriously considering dropping $200 on a CSR wheel just for that feature, but common sense kicked in.

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 5/30/2012, 4:55 pm

I don't understand why they're not releasing ACL for the older wheels as it was a firmware update.

The CSR Elite shipped with ACL but the standard CSR didn't. It doesn't make sense to get rid of the GT2 just for ACL unless you get a good price for the GT2
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by luongo27 6/13/2012, 2:47 pm

Looks like auto clutch may now be available on your wheel dawg, although it's still in beta testing, good news though Smile
http://911wheel.de/?q=node/8543
luongo27
luongo27
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/13/2012, 3:53 pm

Very cool! Glad I didn't drop the coin on a CSR a few weeks ago. Now, do I wait until beta testing is done, or download it tonight when I get home...

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 6/13/2012, 5:08 pm

That's fantastic news! Bet you end up getting the beta lol
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 6/14/2012, 2:35 pm

Luongo, what were you doing on that site anyway?? You thinking of getting a Fanatec??? LOL
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by luongo27 6/14/2012, 2:51 pm

Found it on the f3scs site, and thought of dawgs wheel
luongo27
luongo27
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/14/2012, 2:53 pm

Thanks for that. By the looks of the feedback, I'll be waiting for the official release before I try it. Some people are saying that they can't get their GT2 to bind with the xbox after the update.

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 6/15/2012, 6:24 am

Yeah, I'm waiting for the official release too.

Looks like there's a lot of change in this update - good to see that they're continually looking to improve their wheels.
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down