Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #
Realistic Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suntrust Racing (Team Full)

+2
s0ul harv3st
RR Rowdy Burns
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Suntrust Racing (Team Full) Empty Suntrust Racing (Team Full)

Post by RR Rowdy Burns 1/25/2013, 1:06 am

Suntrust Racing (Team Full) Suntrustracing

Team Name: Suntrust Racing
Drivers:
Wins:
Top 5's:

Last edited by RR Maverick on 2/16/2013, 3:17 am; edited 1 time in total
RR Rowdy Burns
RR Rowdy Burns
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Suntrust Racing (Team Full) Empty Re: Suntrust Racing (Team Full)

Post by s0ul harv3st 1/27/2013, 12:46 pm

Suntrust Racing Press Conferences

Suntrust Racing (Team Full) Suntustphotopreseasonga

Press Release January 29th, 2013

Today Suntrust Racing announced it would be running in the Nein Shiza Endurance Championship (NSEC) for its inaugural season. Team captain Sniper919 was slated to driver with the Flying Lizard team before deciding to leave and form Suntrust Racing. The team will be fielding a Ford GT Mk7 that is a take off of the three time Le Mans 24 overall winner in the mid to late 1960's. The Ford Motor Company contacted Sniper919 showing interest in supplying cars for the NSEC. Sniper919 had this to say:

"I would first like to take the time to point out that I did not leave Flying Lizards because of any altercations. I had a meeting with Sublime (Team Leader at Flying Lizards) in which we discussed the upcoming season. We both agreed that another car on the grid would be a great addition to the series. I had already been contacted by Ford prior to the discussion showing interest. I explained to Sublime the deal that was put forward to me and said that it would be foolish to not take it. He agreed and meeting ended. We have been good friends and raced together numerous times and we will continue to do so. The Suntrust Racing Team wishes the best of luck to the Flying Lizards and look forward to competing with them on the track.

Sniper919 then contacted Ford and 4 new GT's were sent to the teams shop. The next task at hand was to secure sponsors that would give enough financial backing to allow the team to compete in the full season. After numerous phone calls and hours of discussion with top tier companies Sniper contacted Suntrust, a banking company in the United States. Suntrust is best know for running in the Rolex Grand-Am series with Wayne Taylor racing in the DP class. Their contract ended following the 2012 season and Suntrust was shopping a new business venture. Sniper919 gave a detailed proposal and after a few meetings with lawyers to iron out the final deal an agreement was made.

Sniper919 : " I am very pleased to have reached a deal with Suntrust. I think we will be able to show our new sponsor that they have made the right choice in choosing our team. We are also very happy to be working with Toshiba, Goodyear, Star Port, Brembo, Dellisan Tuning Technology, Mobil 1, OMP, 3S Designs, Xtrac, Bosch, and of coarse Ford."

After the car and sponsor's were finalized, Sniper went looking for drivers. His first thought was a good friend DelZaster who is part owner of Dellisan Tuning Technology. They were both set to run in a Porsche 911 GT for the GT1 Championship until the season was cancelled. After a brief phone discussion Del agreed and made this statement:

I am very pleased with my new agent as my last 1 was an absolute ass. I am very happy with the late offer and deal my new agent signed me up to however sadly he put me in an American car which is something I don't very often do for a good reason (Redcoats don't usually like being taken for a ride by Americans lol). After a few laps I realise the car isn't too bad and if it's like that other piece of American Microsoft thing if it breaks down mid race il just turn it off leave it for a short time and restart it n it will be fine. The team welcomed me and settled me in pretty quick and well however im not so keen on our team captain as he doesn't seem to be very well organised. We spent around an hour doing a really cool photo shoot the other day for promotional purposes however our dumb captain forgot to save the replay. We do have a great paintshop however the 2 of them don't always agree which is pretty fun to hear their discussions and as usual being painters they are very picky n stubborn. My aim for the test will be to keep the car clean and not gain damage etc and put in some consistent laps. Us drivers have had a chat and were hoping our captain will buck up or we will have to educate him in the finer points of racing LOL.

Both Sniper and Del discussed possibility's for 3rd and 4th drivers. Hellisan was an easy candidate for a race seat. He is a co-owner in Dellisan Tuning Technology and been around racing for many years but recently came back from a racing hiatus. After contacting him Hellisan agreed and made a statement:

"Looking forward to my stint and seeing how our team pans out in week 1. The car is a dream to be quite honest. I think we could be competitive if we simply ran it out of the box. For that reason i expect us to be competitive as we continue to work on it and Dellisan Tuning Technology continues to make it better bit by bit."

A three driver team was very happy working together but agreed a 4th driver was needed. Sniper919 suggested his good friend s0ul harv3st but new his schedule would come into play. After discussing contracts obligations and schedules he agreed to join the team and compete after round 1 at Sebring. s0ul harv3st had this to say:

"When I was originally approached about racing on Suntrust Racing I was very skeptical about my availability to participate. I am currently running a Porsche GT3 Cup car in the IMSA cup under the Patron banner so getting approval to drive a different car in another series under a different sponsor could have contractual implications with Patron. After deep discussions with both the folks at Patron, my IMSA Cup sponsor, and the Suntrust Team we were able to work out a deal where I would not be able to run with Suntrust until the conclusion of the IMSA Cup Series and the drivers on the Suntrust Team would pick up the slack left in my pending absence for the NSES season opener.

As far as the car goes, I had a lot of apprehension towards the Ford's handling characteristics. As it turns out the reason was that I was trying to drive the Ford GT like it was a Porsche GT3. This is something caused by my lack of experience in Pro Circuit Racing but after working with Dellisan Tuning and getting more familiar with the car I am very excited to be driving her. I look forward to racing this season and thank the folks at Suntrust Racing for working with me despite my contractual issues.

See you in Atlanta."

With the team,car, and sponsors in order the team immediately set out to get the car painted and prepared for the opening non-points paying race at Mugello in Italy. The cars arrived in Italy just two days prior to the race. Scrambling to get settled the drivers were ready for the challenge.

Suntrust Racing (Team Full) 86660399

DelZaster started the race in 9th and slowly moved his way up to 3rd after the first half of the race. He managed to keep the car clean and progress threw the field at a good pace. Del had this to say:

"I feel a bit ripped off starting at the back of the grid in the first stint however I got into a decent rhythm early on and started to work on making up a few spots but in a steady and safe way. I made up 4 spots to get to start stint 2 in 5th place. I started off stint 2 the same way really then when it came to the pit window all the cars in front of me pitted so I was happy with leading the way and looking at clear track so I took the advantage and entered the pit in the dying seconds of the end of the pit window and came out the pits in 3rd place. I have to say I had a great battle for many laps with Dangerclose but managed to hold on to the 3rd spot after a couple of lock ups from him. I have to say after this showing of my driving skills making up 4 places to give Sniper a 2nd row start and handing over the car without a single scratch im gonna get on to my agent asap and ask for more pay. I would like to thank the paintshop and Dellisan tuning for providing a good car for us now all we need is a better captain. I think we have a great new team. I'd like to thank the team for letting me run with them. We have a committed team that runs laps in which allows us to develop the car that I didn't want."

Of coarse Del being a jokester and a good friend of Sniper always likes pulling his leg and this interview was no different. Del then handed the car over to Sniper for his stint in which he put the car into the lead. Sniper gave this statement:

"When I was helping get out of the car and was getting strapped in for my stint Del looked at me and said, Go for it. It was our plan to take it nice and easy and keep the car clean. However our hotshot driver Del couldn't help himself and pushed the car to the limit. Thankfully the car could handle it. My stint started with me making quick work of RR Maverick who was struggling with his corvette and my old teammate Sublime in the Flying Lizard Porsche. I think the car is very stable but I can be quicker. I was very happy with the job the team has done in terms of setting up the car so quickly and getting us a victory."

Suntrust Racing (Team Full) 64355867

Hellisan took over for Sniper and cruised to a close well deserved victory. He had this to say," I like to thank my teammates for putting me in a position to get the win. My kudos go out to the LSA for giving me a real battle. I came, I saw, and we won."

A massive party was held that night in which a few of the Bad Boy Corvette pit lane girls were seen mingling with the Suntrust camp. DelZaster was seen carrying too out of the pub to his hotel room. Sniper passed out on a hot blonde in the hotel lobby and Hellisan wasn't seen until the next morning.

The team now travels to Sebring. Looking for a second victory and this time for points. Sniper will not be with the team for the Sebring race. It will be Hellisan and DelZasters job to bring home the bacon.

s0ul harv3st
s0ul harv3st
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/27/2013, 1:19 pm

It looks good on ya dell:)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sniper919 1/29/2013, 2:06 am

Write-Upc1 complete
Sniper919
Sniper919
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by KikRox268 1/29/2013, 9:38 am

Awesome right up!!! I know that truck didn't transport all 4 cars there so I'm going to assume that's for the drivers and the pit crew lol!

KikRox268
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by RR Rowdy Burns 1/29/2013, 9:52 am

Lol that's the paddy wagon
RR Rowdy Burns
RR Rowdy Burns
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by KikRox268 1/29/2013, 10:09 am

LOL!

KikRox268
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellisan 1/29/2013, 10:28 am

Great job sniper I really enjoyed reading all that.

Hellisan
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sniper919 1/29/2013, 2:55 pm

Thanks guys. The van is transporting the corvette girls lol.
Sniper919
Sniper919
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by RR Rowdy Burns 1/29/2013, 2:58 pm

Lol
RR Rowdy Burns
RR Rowdy Burns
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 1/29/2013, 3:05 pm

Tell em snipe tell em we have a huge damn jet to transport the cars you know that Rowdy we showed you it parked at the Dellisan Tuning test track LOL.
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 2/9/2013, 2:04 am

It's so nice to be in a team where the captain keeps everyone in the loop and keeps the group working together on the car LMAO. Seriously thought we need to get together and start work for the 1st race.
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sniper919 2/9/2013, 2:11 am

A meeting will be set up for when I get back home.
Sniper919
Sniper919
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 2/9/2013, 2:22 am

Oh here he is LOL. I have enjoyed my time off as ive been busy mingling the chevy girls again LMAO. I think I am becoming the James Hunt of the team.
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2/9/2013, 8:40 am

well del as i have been with those same girls ....get some penicillan!!!! Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellisan 2/11/2013, 3:02 pm

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN wrote:well del as i have been with those same girls ....get some penicillan!!!! Sad

LOL!!!!! Very Happy

Hellisan
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 3/5/2013, 5:08 pm

With race 2 in the series not far away the min im better il be trying to get the car sorted for it. We also need to start running laps and sorting the team stints etc.
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellisan 3/5/2013, 5:25 pm

RR DelZaster wrote:With race 2 in the series not far away the min im better il be trying to get the car sorted for it. We also need to start running laps and sorting the team stints etc.

I have recently found that I will be available to run a stint in this race... more if needed of course but it was in question with being at spring training leading up to that weekend and a fantasy baseball draft that day. Well the fantasy baseball draft is at 5:30 or so my time... So I can run an early stint or two. Looking forward to the next race. Let's talk when you guys get time, I'll be on most nights except possibly tonight.

Hellisan
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 3/12/2013, 5:27 am

With qually for Road Atlanta this week so Rowdy informs me please can we sort our quallifier and pm it to Helen in good time please guys
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellisan 3/12/2013, 5:35 pm

Sniper, if you'd like to do it as part of getting back involved again and such I think that would be great. I'm of course available no problem doing it if need be.

Hellisan
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 3/13/2013, 8:08 pm

sniper?
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/13/2013, 8:11 pm

Time for a bounceback race this week Suntrust. I ran a few laps in that car myself here, and OMG...so smooth..

Back to top Go down

Post by Sniper919 3/14/2013, 9:47 pm

I will qualify and have PM'd Rowdy. I am looking for the rules for qually I can't remember what time it starts.
Sniper919
Sniper919
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sniper919 3/14/2013, 9:48 pm

Ok found it nvm
Sniper919
Sniper919
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellisan 5/12/2013, 5:27 am

Sending out a tune for Road America. Some changes were necessary, added some positive front toe to aid turn-in. Reduced Aero to the bare minimum at the rear and reduced front at an equal percentage to what it was before, still getting good front downforce through the kink, best time for now of 2:05.515. Started to look at reducing spring in order to make curbs just a tad easier (which wasn't really a problem) but even with minor reduction the car began bogging down in the corners a bit so I changed that back. Sending out to you guys now.

Hellisan
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next