Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #
Realistic Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Message to all members

+3
luongo27
Bondzai
LethalHoudini
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Message to all members Empty Message to all members

Post by LethalHoudini 9/14/2011, 5:28 am

When you run an event:

1. If you need a thread put on the front page of the site please contact me
2. Please keep track of your own leaderboards etc on a regualr basis
3. No glitched cars are allowed in our races
4. No modded controllers are allowed ie that turn 3 shot into full auto fire etc
5. If you sign up for something you are expected to turn up or post to say ur not able to make it in good time
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Message to all members Empty Re: Message to all members

Post by LethalHoudini 9/19/2011, 11:53 am

Just a quick note. When your on the site please log onto the chatbox and use it however you guys wish. It is a feature we have added for communication when people are away from the Xbox etc for general chat or even if you see a few guys on the site maybe party up n play some games etc ad hoc
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 9/21/2011, 3:58 pm

If you have changed your gamertag since joining us please can you make sure you have edited your username in you profile to reflect this. If you have problems please contact me via pm.

Thank you
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 9/22/2011, 10:15 am

Please can all driver's read and refresh their memory on the driving rules we adopt here please.
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 10/12/2011, 3:27 pm

We now have a Realistic Racing Gamertag for a few reasons to help us and you guys so please can you all make sure you are on its friends list please. We also have our own email address which gets straight to me for questions and enquiries etc:

RealisticRacing@live.co.uk
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 11/11/2011, 10:44 am

Ok biatches whats going on. I have been monitoring the daily numbers of members viewing the site and 1 thing has become clear to me. We get about 18 members a day on average and yet only the same 5/6 people posting. So lets busy it up a little, remember guys a site can only be as good as it's active members.

It's obviously up to you guys but it would be nice to see more posts and conversations etc.

ps

If you set up an event please post a day and time it's gonna run then that makes it much easier for people to commit etc. Another option is to run a poll in your even thread to guage the best time to run it etc.

Thank you
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Bondzai 11/11/2011, 11:31 am

I've been slacking on the RR site but I'll pick it up.

Bondzai
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 11/11/2011, 11:45 am

Hey np mate
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 6/1/2012, 1:16 pm

Just a little keep things in perspective post.

These are video games and should be fun yes they can be frustrating at times and yes we like the games to run smoothly and everyone should play fair and have good morales that goes without saying, but the bottom line is it doesn't pay your mortgage or put food on your table and your definitely not playing to win a row of houses etc your playing for enjoyment.

Just something for us all to remember.
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 6/4/2012, 3:57 pm

Ok guys we feel it's time with new members etc to explain who's who on the site and what the various groups do etc. The people listed below are people we have known for a while and know are vision and ideas for the site in the future and are to be respected and treated as everyone would treat Steve and I.

OWNERS

s n g 73 - Steve
Driver numbers
New members
General ownership
Any questions

DelZaster - Del
website updates
General Ownership
Any questions

MODERATORS
Respected members we trust to help us with site decisions and help to make sure our site a racing rules our kept to as well as help us with keeping things in order. This group is our 2nd in command.

DirtyDawg - Lee
Site monitoring
Race Monitor
Any Questions
Involved in our decisions and ideas and gets to vote on things such as rules etc

Hellbells1969 - Helen
Helps us with anything we need
Paints my cars which gives me the time to do run things etc
Works on behind the scenes jobs

Niff - Nick
Race Monitor

Twister18
Good friend of ours we've known for some time that was trying to help run our MW3 nights.

SPEEDKINGS
Respected members we trust to help to make sure our site a racing rules our kept to as well as help us with keeping things in order. This group is our 3rd in command

Dearchelseanut - Ian
Fifa Clubs
Site Monitoring
Race monitor

Luongo - Nate
Fifa League
Site Monitoring
Race Monitor

Sniper - Mike
Site Monitoring
Race Monitoring
3s Designs Paintshop

Hellisan
retired from Forza at the moment but a great friend of ours and a very respected quick racer.

NEW SPEEDKINGS
THF dvsSublime - Adrian
Site Monitoring
Race Monitoring
3s Designs Paintshop

s0ul harv3st - shane
Site Monitoring
3s Designs Paintshop

These groups are not impossible to get into if people help us out, run things for us, or help us to enforce our site rules we are more than happy to move more people into these groups when we see fit to do so. So as you can see they are not closed groups but we decide who and when people get into them. These groups also have extra site permission's on varying levels to enable them to do what they need to do. Also if these people don't act in the correct way we reserve the right to take the special rights away.
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 7/5/2012, 4:14 pm

Just to let you all know I should have a new headset tomorrow so I should be back asap.
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by luongo27 7/6/2012, 6:12 am

you broke another! , that's where you've been. Game station HQ to bash some skulls Smile
luongo27
luongo27
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 7/9/2012, 11:25 am

I have a new member app from madracer38 that I can't yet accept because I don't know who he is so if you know this person please pm asap.

If any member introduces someone to sign up for the site in order for us to accept them quickly we really need you guys to pm us so we know where they have come from please.
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sniper919 7/9/2012, 12:38 pm

I haven't heard of him Del, but If nobody claims him lol I'll shoot him a friends request.
Sniper919
Sniper919
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7/9/2012, 1:09 pm

I just looked at his XBL profile. I don't recognize anyone on his friends list.

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 7/9/2012, 1:19 pm

Ok cool
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Message to all members Empty Im not happy

Post by LethalHoudini 8/15/2012, 5:11 am

I am gonna take a few days away from the site. In recent weeks I have had to say sorry cos a dickhead gets his ass in his hand and removes all his stuff , I have been sworn at and spoken too like a piece of shit, I keep having to keep the piece and sort stuff constantly to try and keep things going, I keep seeing people sign up for things and then after a few races not bother anymore, I see people quitting from races in tantrums rather than pitting and finishing the races. I show my commitment to this place every single week with the amount of hours I put in to it to try and make things good and right and sadly im not seeing a decent level of commitment elsewhere and im not enjoying seeing all my time and work being wasted because people don't feel like it or can't be bothered etc. When I don't enjoy things I tend to not want to do them anymore so I am taking a few days away from the site to have a think about what I want to do. I am getting tired of babying everybody after all your all grown men right and even as I type this I know only 60% 0f members even look at the site and even less will see this post it's pretty disheartening after 3 years of work.
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8/15/2012, 6:02 am

I understand Del, take my Datsun event for example.. not one member posted to say if they're in or not, was only gonna be a fun event after the serious stuff.
Don't be too long the site needs you.

Back to top Go down

Post by GuNzAbLaZiN69 8/15/2012, 4:25 pm

To be honest Del I joined the site a few months ago and I must say it has been very enjoyable since then. I've never played with a group of guys like this and while some of us have our problems, the majority of the people are great. I hope you will stick around and keep everything going because I know myself and many others would love to keep it going.
GuNzAbLaZiN69
GuNzAbLaZiN69
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by luongo27 8/15/2012, 5:43 pm

I think you do a great job Del, i agree though there are a few too many pointless things that take up your time. We have a good little group just need to get a few more members more involved and off the sidelines.
luongo27
luongo27
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8/15/2012, 6:12 pm

You are doing an excellent job Del, though, we do need a little more commitment from other people on this site. I really wish to see more people start joining race series, and actually doing more then 1 race and not doing anymore after that [Though, I probably shouldn't be talking about that due to myself missing a couple races in the last few weeks due to me moving and a lot of severe storms that have happened here in the past few weeks]

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8/15/2012, 11:18 pm

Del we love ya brother no homo lol I think u do a great job I've had a blast wit u guys I hope to see u soon

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR M Angelo 8/16/2012, 1:56 am

We all think the world of you Del, to be honest that maybe why so many people here bring you their problems. This may also be why youhave no time of your own. I like most others here think you do a great job and would like to see you continue to do so. Also if you need help in the future, I as many others, are willing to offer you our services. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
HCR M Angelo
HCR M Angelo
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 8/16/2012, 7:26 am

Del, enjoy the break. and thanks for all the effort you've put in - especially with starting up Realistic Racing which (IMO) is much better and a more enjoyable experience than our previous site!

I think that we're all in agreement that this site wouldn't be the success it is without your effort, and like Chelsea says, there are others willing to help in future.

Sorry you're feeling like this buddy.

Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 8/16/2012, 10:07 am

Thank you guys for the kind words. I like what we have here but I get very disheartened when I hear people having spats and words and see a serious lack of commitment when people sign up for things and get bored etc. This whole thing is meant to be a fun thing for all of us as we all have a lot of stuff to deal with outside of Xbox. It is so hard just to get people to look at the site and see what theyd like to enter etc, I feel like a broken record but the truth is it's the members site so if there are members that don't do what they should an event will fail etc. During my few days off I am going to sit back and assess things as an outsider so to speak and see where we can improve things and il have a chat with Steve if I think of anything for his advice and opinion. I think we have the basis of a great thing but we have some issues it's how to fix them. I personally think it could be time to get a little harder and go through the members list and people that have proved blatantly unreliable n not informed people of absence etc or people that have signed up to things and shown no commitment etc we just remove them. I don't think there are that many but a few. We will see. I really don't want to get harder or remove members but I think it is a balancing act as far as it's a fine line between keeping members happy and whos just wasting our time or making our life harder etc. We need to try n bring in some new commited members thats for sure but we should have enough guys to run a good consistant series without any problems n Im struggling to see why a series gets 3/4 weeks in and is down to half a field. Also when I see this happen I kind of think ok so why do we and people that run things put so much time in.

I meen look at Steve's Mini race this week he has 15 drivers signed up and only 5 cars finished the race to me thats just rediculous. The big picture is if this carries on people won't want to run things anymore and in the end there is no more Realistic. So I ask all members that if you want to keep Realistic Racing going if you sign up for something look at what your commiting to and if you can't make a week please let the event co-ordinator know and if your not able to beforehand it doesn't take much to post after when you can. I would obviously chat with Steve first by my frame of mind at the moment is to have a shake up and anyone that has missed 2 races in a row without letting someone know remove them like the rule states. I will think about that 1 over the next few days. My real hope is those people will realise how important that is and sort it out then I won't need to think about us getting harder etc I just want an easy fun time with good grids and no hassle (maybe that's unRealistic see what I did there oh god even I think that's bad).

I stress that this is only my view at this stage and may change or calm a bit after a break or when Steve and I have had a chat, but I do think something needs to happen to move forward and make RR a better place.

If anyone has any thoughts or ideas please post them below.

Thanks guys
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next