Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #
Realistic Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MNR Clio Cup

+5
HCR M Angelo
LethalHoudini
Dylema
dcauto
je11yfish 15
9 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

MNR Clio Cup  - Page 5 Empty Re: MNR Clio Cup

Post by LethalHoudini 3/27/2012, 4:18 pm

A great night of racing with a good number of cars on the grid yet again and was a lot of fun.

I was pretty pleased to pick up my first pole position after my little break but that being said it was done with Roger unable to make qually and Mr Tolley having an incident along the way but was still a battle to sneak pole over Mr Peetey. Sadly my pole position pace didn't show up in the race as I had a run on cars a few times I couldn't quite make the pass or I would make a slip after and lose the place again. DC and I had an epice battle over a number of laps culminating in me stealing 5th place away from him with 1 lap to go.

I have to sat this is a great series we have a great bunch of guys that drive fairly, sensible and very competitive it's a joy to race with you all. I have posted some pics in the gallery of last nights meeting (sorry Stevie n Bond I just couldn't let the rolls pass by without a picture LOL)

Well guys on to Silverstone we go !
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/28/2012, 2:42 pm

Dubbl0HPeeetey wrote:Awesome race guys. I had a great, if scary adventure with del, luongo, dc and roger.

1:45's my arse Twst Laughing

Hey now, I ran a 1:45 in Test Drive with no one else on the track. When it's just me on the track by myself, I don't run quick times. During qualifying, I ended up rolling it in the esses on the hill on my opening lap. Kind of sucked that I didn't post a good time in qualifying though.

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR M Angelo 3/28/2012, 4:13 pm

All the dynamics are different between the test setup and the race lobbies, don't be fooled by the times you run in practice. We all run faster in the race mostly
Crying or Very sad
and congratulations on a great series well put together and well run, it's just so good to be running in it cheers all
HCR M Angelo
HCR M Angelo
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/28/2012, 6:11 pm

WGRcngOnlyTwstd wrote:
Dubbl0HPeeetey wrote:Awesome race guys. I had a great, if scary adventure with del, luongo, dc and roger.

1:45's my arse Twst Laughing

Hey now, I ran a 1:45 in Test Drive with no one else on the track. When it's just me on the track by myself, I don't run quick times. During qualifying, I ended up rolling it in the esses on the hill on my opening lap. Kind of sucked that I didn't post a good time in qualifying though.

It's all good mate, I was expecting you, Roger and Del to run away with it anyway Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by je11yfish 15 4/2/2012, 2:30 am

remember its a 2:30am GMT start time
je11yfish 15
je11yfish 15
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/2/2012, 1:15 pm

s n g 73 wrote:remember its a 2:30am GMT start time

That's 9:30 EST time, right?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/2/2012, 3:18 pm

WGRcngOnlyTwstd wrote:
s n g 73 wrote:remember its a 2:30am GMT start time

That's 9:30 EST time, right?

Correct.

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 4/2/2012, 9:33 pm

lobby is open now
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 4/3/2012, 1:19 am

Ok guys

Just a quick update. Steve and I spent some time tonight after the race reviewing the replay and looking at a few things, 1 of them being my incident with Mr Chelsea as well as some others. Steve and I will be chatting again tomorrow night as we have a bit more discussion needed and once we are confident we have reviewed everything properly Steve or I will post any decisions etc.
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by luongo27 4/3/2012, 1:27 am

Sorry I didn't make this one guys, I fell asleep. It would have been my fifth day in a row up till at least 3-4am and with work during the day I was just too tired.
luongo27
luongo27
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/3/2012, 8:56 am

My car would have been decent in this race, but I started nodding off around 8 so I called it a night.

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 4/3/2012, 9:20 am

Ok guys np. In future if drivers can't make a race and are able to, please can they send the organiser a quick message so as they aren't sat waiting for them.

Thank you
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by jms493 4/3/2012, 12:23 pm

Great Race guys....love the Clios! Hate the guys with rockets u p their ass!
jms493
jms493
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/3/2012, 12:37 pm

I don't know that I'm going to be able to continue this series. My work schedule is going to be a little hellish through the end of June, so no more late race nights until things get back to normal.

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 4/3/2012, 12:53 pm

Yet again another greats night racing. This week however i'd spent far too long on Tiger Woods 13 so had a mad half hour car prep for the race not my usual ocd inquiry to setting my car up lol. My qually laps were ok but for some reason a little off what I could run occasionally I think I just didn't quite hook a lap up. On my first lap of the race starting mid pack which I hate I just tried to be carefull and stay out of trouble which was working then on lap 2 upon catching Mr Sniper up into the last few corners I broke all my usual rules with a daft brainwave n red mist n thought aha il take a wide line and undercut him knowing I had 4 corners to try n make it all fit n stick sadly n stupidly I had under estimated Mr Chelsea's corner entry speed which left him a nice gap to head for as I was carrying my good apex speed the next thing I knew there was a bang n my car was swinging like a pendulum on a clock which I luckily collected n kept going however really caused Chelsea some nasty problems then along came Mr sng n not sure which side to take to avoid Chealse chose to aim down the middle sadly Chelsea was still there n yep another bang LOL. A lap or 2 later I slid past Jms, then a few laps later I was in 4th spot. Roger n Tolley had got by me already n I wasn't gaining on Peetey either. Then in the last few laps I lokked in my mirror n saw Mr dc creeping up on me n I knew he was after blood after I stole his 5th place on the last lap last week. I made a couple of little errors in the last 2 laps under the pressure of dc but just about managed to hold onto my 4th place with a huge sigh of relief as I crossed the line. Great battle dc sir.

Great race guys really close racing a pleasure as always to race with you all.
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 4/3/2012, 12:57 pm

Sorry to hear that Dawg
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by jms493 4/3/2012, 1:07 pm

Damn one of the few drivers I can battle with is retiring....grrr.

Good luck Dawg.....working hard is good!
jms493
jms493
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Bondzai 4/3/2012, 1:18 pm

Well I fucked this up. I got home from work about 8:00 pm and made dinner and chilled out for a few minutes before I went out for a run. As I was almost done with my run and it was about 9:45 I realized that the race was going on. I had totally forgotten about it and was pissed.

Sorry guys, I'll be back on next monday.

Bondzai
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 4/3/2012, 1:20 pm

Np Bond I guess u didn't have your 007 watch on Very Happy
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Bondzai 4/3/2012, 1:23 pm

DelZaster wrote:Np Bond I guess u didn't have your 007 watch on Very Happy

It must have been malfunctioning.

Bondzai
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by jms493 4/3/2012, 1:30 pm

Bondzai wrote:Well I fucked this up. I got home from work about 8:00 pm and made dinner and chilled out for a few minutes before I went out for a run. As I was almost done with my run and it was about 9:45 I realized that the race was going on. I had totally forgotten about it and was pissed.

Sorry guys, I'll be back on next monday.

MNR Clio Cup  - Page 5 Red-card-e1304813649360
jms493
jms493
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 4/3/2012, 1:32 pm

LOL
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/3/2012, 2:40 pm

It was an interesting race fo sho..

I started by completely fucking up my qualifying laps and ended up starting second on the grid which I wasn't too pleased about.
Yeah, it's nice to start up front, but the whole point of the reverse grid is to make the faster drivers work that bit harder for it without just buggering off at the start.

Anyhoo, I figured what the hell and did exactly that and spent the next 8 or 9 laps waiting for Twstd and Roger to catch up as I knew they surely would.
By the distance meter and my rearview, I could tell they were having quite the battle, so I did the natural thing and prayed for them to take each other out Laughing Alas, the gods were at a dinner party or something and remained deaf to my pleas. They closed the gap, but faster or not, I wasn't about to give up the lead easily.
By just about holding the racing line, I was able to fend them off until a slight (accidental) tap from Twstd knocked him a little sideways and put him in Roger's path causing Twstd to spin off the track briefly at the end of lap 11.
This left me and Roger alone to battle it out (I say battle when I mean desperately hang on) until a couple of small errors from me allowed him past on lap 12.
Surprisingly for me, I managed to keep him fairly close and maintain a bit of pressure for the remainder of the race with Twstd making an unbelievable recovery, driving like a man possessed taking huge chunks of time out of both me and Roger in the final few laps.
Had there been another couple of laps left in the race, or had that little accident not occured, Twstd would've smoked me.

Was a lot of fun trying to keep those freaks behind me I must say Razz

Tsukuba's gonna be a complete Twisted Evil Suspect affraid

Back to top Go down

Post by LethalHoudini 4/3/2012, 7:36 pm

farao I have to say Tsukuba will be manic Laughing
LethalHoudini
LethalHoudini
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by je11yfish 15 4/3/2012, 8:34 pm

well i continued with my good form in the race by working my way to the back, which was aided by slaming in to chelsea after his bump with del (sorry dude).
i did have a good qually but it didn't show in the race.
just hope next week is my week but i doubt it
je11yfish 15
je11yfish 15
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next