Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #
Realistic Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Race of Champions (IROC)

2 posters

Go down

International Race of Champions (IROC) Empty International Race of Champions (IROC)

Post by Guest 10/11/2012, 3:58 pm

So I'm not sure if this is how it works or not, but I have been working on this car for a while. I am putting together a modern IROC race and possibly a full series. As of now I have a few different builds for the car but only two really seem to work. If you have ever watched these races they can be full of excitement. They run close to 200mph around a large oval track and when they crash it can be spectacular. This is what I want to bring here. Extremely high speeds mixed with close racing and spectacular crashes. At this point I need volunteers to help test the cars. I will have a lobby set up tomorrow around 10:00am if anyone can join then. I also will try to have one set up tomorrow evening sometime.

In the actual series the cars appear factory on the exterior but actually have small aero kits to hold them to the racing surface. Since Forza is quite limited on options for aero, I have only got front aero on the car. This holds the car down but it can be very loose at times.

The car is the WS6 Transam. Running 550hp it can reach close to 200mph and over in the draft. In the testing session we will practice the handling first. Spreading out to allow everyone to get a feel for the car. Then a break will be held to allow for adjustments to make sure everyone can drive their cars. Then we will line up and run in a pack. Checking to see how the draft will affect us and make sure the cars are able to be driven closely together and still controlled.

If you would like to help with this simply say so below and I will send a friend request on xbl. Thanks for your help.

Back to top Go down

International Race of Champions (IROC) Empty Re: International Race of Champions (IROC)

Post by Guest 10/11/2012, 4:04 pm

I'm up for helping but its when I can get online, should be over the weekend sometime.

Back to top Go down

International Race of Champions (IROC) Empty Re: International Race of Champions (IROC)

Post by Sniper919 10/11/2012, 4:06 pm

sOul harv3st and I have the 2002 Trans-Am, 73 Porsche, 89 Iroc Camaro and 71 Camaro painted historically for this series.
Sniper919
Sniper919
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by GuNzAbLaZiN69 10/11/2012, 4:12 pm

Only thing I got out of that was "This is what I want to bring here.... spectacular crashes." Lol just jokin. I'll help if you mean 10 am in the U.S..
GuNzAbLaZiN69
GuNzAbLaZiN69
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/11/2012, 4:20 pm

Gunz: yes sorry. 10am eastern us time
Sniper: Cool. I have a basic design but no crown logo to put on hood. The rest of the car is painted accurately. Drivers will simply pick the color they wish to run and the rest is not allowed to change.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/18/2012, 10:56 am

Hit me up tonight pihb ill turn some laps

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/18/2012, 11:03 am

Not sure what time I'll be on but the tune is free on my sf for now and I will open a public lobby for anyone who would like to join. Look under circuit races for the IROC lobby. I'll post when lobby is open tonight.

Edit- Sorryabout Saturday guys. My baby was sick and I had to take care of her. Check below post for new info.

Last edited by Dr PiiHB on 11/5/2012, 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/5/2012, 11:09 am

I have tried these cars out at a few different tracks and I'm thinking just a special one race event will work best. They aren't the best cars for road racing and they are hard to control even at sunset. That being said I am trying to decide on a day for this upcoming week to host the International Race of Champions. Anyone wanting to participate please respond here for best times for yourself.

I'm thinking about Thursday night since we have nothing running then. The race will be at Benchmark Speedway. The first round will be a random grid 10 lap qualifier to determine starting order. This will be run at 9 o'clock sharp (if agreed upon).Round two or the feature will be a 50 lap battle at Benchmark Speedway for the title of IROC Champ.

The purse for the event will be 2 million to first place, 1 million to second place, 500,000 to third, and 100,000 to all participants who finish the race. That means if we have 16 drivers show up there will be almost 5 million up for grabs in winnings for this event!

Please respond below with last name and number desired (please keep two digit so it fits on car). The paint will sent to you upon sign up and the tune will be on my storefront. There will be no tuning or changing the build for this event. In the real IROC races they can't tune the car so we will do the same here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down