Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #
Realistic Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SPEED2 Racing Group

2 posters

Go down

SPEED2 Racing Group Empty SPEED2 Racing Group

Post by Guest 1/4/2013, 9:02 pm

Last edited by Xman4299 on 1/5/2013, 3:45 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

SPEED2 Racing Group Empty Re: SPEED2 Racing Group

Post by Guest 1/4/2013, 11:25 pm

Speed2 Racing Group drivers:

#93 ForstSC400
#10 Noggles10
#77 XMan4299

Developmental Driver

#26 TyrannicCymbals - sent to Turner Motorsport
#69 Gunzablazin69 - sent to Turner Motorsport

Last edited by Xman4299 on 1/20/2013, 3:09 pm; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/17/2013, 3:03 pm

GRAND AM NEWS WIRE - Speed2 Racing Group officially announced their driver lineups for Season 2 today. The team is aligning withTurner Motorsport and FallLine Racing for the schedule starting this Friday at Sunset. The GrandSport class will be Noggles10 in a Turner BMW, whose teammate ForstSC400 will pilot the FallLine vehicle, in the alliance with that team. The Street Tuner division will be led by Xman4299 and TyrannicCymbals.

The familiar yellow and blue car of Turner will don the GS car of Noggles and ST car of TyrannicCymbals. XMan's car will be the black and silver BMW that is being moved up from SCCA competition and primarilly sponsored by Turner and Frends headphones. The FallLine paint will be a little loud as the colors are changed for the alliance.

Later in the year, the teams will all run the 1 race Jim Beam paint schemes, as that is Speed2 Racing Group's primary backer.

We will get photos up from qualifying and the new paint schemes will be posted.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/20/2013, 3:14 pm

UPDATE 3:00PM ET - January 20, 2013 Motorsport Wire - Speed2 Racing group held a news conference today to announce the return to the CTCS as an identity. They did borrow out their driver for Sunset, to help shore up Turner Motorsport in the season opener. As of today, the team has not announced their cars or unveiled them. Rumors have them signing a deal with Forza Grand Am to do some testing this season. More info to come as we get it.
GRAND AM NEWS WIRE - Speed2 Racing Group officially announced their driver lineups for Season 2 today. The team is aligning withTurner Motorsport and FallLine Racing for the schedule starting this Friday at Sunset. The GrandSport class will be Noggles10 in a Turner BMW, whose teammate ForstSC400 will pilot the FallLine vehicle, in the alliance with that team. The Street Tuner division will be led by Xman4299 and TyrannicCymbals.

The familiar yellow and blue car of Turner will don the GS car of Noggles and ST car of TyrannicCymbals. XMan's car will be the black and silver BMW that is being moved up from SCCA competition and primarilly sponsored by Turner and Frends headphones. The FallLine paint will be a little loud as the colors are changed for the alliance.

Later in the year, the teams will all run the 1 race Jim Beam paint schemes, as that is Speed2 Racing Group's primary backer.

We will get photos up from qualifying and the new paint schemes will be posted.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/20/2013, 4:10 pm

Driver Journal - #77 XMan4299

The week leading up to Sunset was hectic to say the least. We started out by having tough luck on Monday night in the IMSA Porsche Cup. Two accidents, not of my doing, kinda ruined a consistent run. I know I am not the fastest in those cars, but the Jim Beam Black Porsche ran well over the strips and we kept it on four wheels and finished with double 6th place finishes.

Tuesday brought early testing at Sunset with the CTCS team. I signed a one race deal earlier in the weekend to run a special black and silver Turner Motorsport/Frends headphones BMW 1 Series, so I had to get the car dialed in.

We flew out to meet our Sportsman teams on Wednesday. My crew chief, Charlie Lewis, had the cars ready to go. We had been in the top 5 in points in all four classes. That may not continue after a tight track caused the 77 machines to bad qualifying runs, and then into the wall a few times. The cars were back in Mooresville on Thursday morning for teardown to see what was going on, especially after such a good runs the weeks before Wednesday.

On Thursday, we finally made our way back to Sunset for afternoon qualifying. The car felt better this time than the first time we were on track. The guys at Turner Motorsport did an amazing job in such a short time. We will roll off Friday in third for the ST race, when all came to an end on the 17th.

Friday - race day! The smell of the rubber and Sunoco fuel burning is what we live for in this business. As I arrived at the track, the crew was wiping down the car and the media was waiting to see if they could get more info on what were had planned after the Turner deal. Of course, silence was golden. I did check out my competition in the Subarus of Fastlane and Kikrox. These cars were fast in practice, so I was hoping to keep it clean and go for a podium. At race time, they did indeed take off quickly. As we seperated all we could do was watch and hope for a mechanical failure in the Subarus. At the end of the day, we did bring home a solid podium with a 3rd place run. Developmental driver Gunzablazin came in a close 4th in the Turner Motorsport prepared BMW.

Myself and GS driver WCR Hazardous were approached after the race with a one year offer to run Turner endurance BMW's. Myself for Saturdays and Sundays and Hazardous for Saturdays.

The long flight from Florida to France gave us little time to do anything other than adjust our seats and go out and qualify. Half awake and jetlagged, I did a good job keeping it in one piece and on track for most of the race, but as time set in, the car went away and we just cruised around the track, to a 4th place finish.

This week we ready to tackle Nurburgring GP. As for Sunday? This week it is SLEEP in my own bed, and no more hotels!

- XMan4299

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/20/2013, 5:11 pm

http://d501bmc.wix.com/speed2racinggroup

WEBSITE UPDATED. WILL GET WITH NOGGLES10, GUNZ AND TREX ABOUT BIO QUESTIONS

Back to top Go down

Post by RR Rowdy Burns 1/20/2013, 5:43 pm

Great write up man.
RR Rowdy Burns
RR Rowdy Burns
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

SPEED2 Racing Group Empty Driver's Journal - RR XMan77

Post by Guest 1/27/2013, 8:02 pm

What a long week this week. We had lots of prep work to do to the Speed2 cars to get ready for Nurburgring. The team brought in the shells for the Chevrolet Volt, thanks to a team affiliation in Noggles Camaro. The car was very interesting, to say the least. The no shifting thing had me thrown for a loop. But I hunkered down and with Charlie, got the car's suspension in line for the weird bumps throughout the track.

On Wednesday, I flew into Phoenix for the the Sportsman pro race at Sedona Raceway. All of our cars were in town with special University of South Carolina decals all over it. If only the cars were set up a little better. As you know, we use NASCAR Technical Institute interns here at Speed2. They work theirselves up in the shop through hands on training. For the Sedona setup, they were just a bit off. The car was great off 2 and 4, where many had problems, but it was plowing so much going into 1. The car just did not hook up in the trucks and street stocks. The day just did not end well, as we were the second DNF, behind ROSCOEpCOTRAIN.

The team flew back out to the CTCS race facility of the week on Thursday morning for qualifying. The only thing that we just could not get used to was the sound of wind. I need to hear the roar of that engine on accleration. It was just off. Charlie worked on the car while we in Arizona, so it was much better in final practice. After a clean 6 lap qualifying run, the #77 Jim Beam Black Chevrolet was set to roll off 4th.

On Friday, I received many phone calls from the shop of weird things going on. Apparently a visitor was there looking for me, and found WhiteTire instead. I would investigate further upon returning. As far as the race goes, we started off well, passing two cars quickly and making my way to second. Some bad luck made me give those spots back when I ran off the road and had to wait to see them pass by. It took a few laps, but I did catch the field going into turn one. As Gunsablazin went wide, I went low into the apex. We straightened up and collided. This is where I learned that a damaged Volt shell was not a good thing. I did finish the race in a respectable top 10 position and moved up into 2nd in points in my pursuit of a second straight ST championship.

Flew back into Charlotte-Douglas early Saturday morning. As I got back to the shop, I noticed that the doors were open and the authorities were there. Apparently, my visitor, had decided to try and take the Endurance Car out for a ride. I did however choose not to press charges and instead, picked them up and spoke of what we could do to help get them straightened up. What happened after that I do not remember. It was a few shots, and then blackout. I woke up to a massive headache. Made a bloody mary hangover killer and looked around. Clothes on the floor? A playboy magazine? A DOG ATTACHED TO THE MOTORCOACH??? Then out stepped the visitor (which I do not want to talk about!). We had a early morning conversation and I hired them for a junior PR position at Speed2 Racing Group.

Sunday. Endurance time. October picked up from Georgia. Check. WhiteTire arrived on his sled dogs from Wisconsin. Check. I made it to the airport (with my new assistant). Check. Where the hell is Dylema??? And then the Turner Girls show up pushing his sleeping ass into the terminal. Go figure! Does this guy EVER wake up? It was an eventful day. Starting 8th, I had a little contact from a loose KikRox Ferrari early on, but still managed to keep it in 8th for the driver switch. We would have been much higher than our eventual finish, but Dylema had some "mechanical issues" and could not drive any longer in his stint. The mechanics are still looking for the problem....and the Turner Girls.

Off for another week this week. Flew out of Italy for Phonix again. This week is a long week of testing and getting prepped for the race. I have finally received clearance to run my Volvo C30. It was a chance that I had been trying to set up since the end of season 1. Good luck to all this week. Wake up Dylema team. Lets go get that win!

-RR XMan77

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR MeRiCA 1/27/2013, 8:20 pm

good stuff xman
HCR MeRiCA
HCR MeRiCA
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content