Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #
Realistic Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

F1 Discussion, general

+6
Sniper919
HCR M Angelo
luongo27
RR Rowdy Burns
KikRox268
Owen0501
10 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

F1 Discussion, general Empty F1 Discussion, general

Post by Guest 3/10/2013, 10:21 pm

Discuss general comments, questions, and suggestions here

Back to top Go down

F1 Discussion, general Empty Re: F1 Discussion, general

Post by Owen0501 3/15/2013, 3:35 pm

Well done OctoberDusk for organising this series and for the generosity in providing prizes. Let's hope the first race is without incident, and remember all that we're feeling our way into this so let's all be nice Very Happy

Anyone up for some practise tonight? I see Kikrox is on practising already but my youngest is still up so can't join him yet!
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 3/15/2013, 3:49 pm

Btw, can we use this thread for general discussion rather than the old f1 2011 thread?? Makes more sense...
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/15/2013, 6:45 pm

Thank you for the kind words. I guess us F1 fans are a pretty hardcore lot. I'm just glad some good folks wanted to play along. I thought we'd get many more Brits but they may come once the season gets in gear.

Yea, I think this would be the thread for general discussion, although I wish we could relabel the other one "Archived F1 Discussion" or something since it has some interesting comments and was the real impetus for trying to jump-start this again.

Back to top Go down

Post by KikRox268 3/16/2013, 10:44 am

Owen I wasn't practicing parsay, lol. I was running my career mode, but any track time is good track time, lol

KikRox268
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by KikRox268 3/16/2013, 10:46 am

I know we have some more guys with this game on here...I see you playiing it, lol!

KikRox268
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by RR Rowdy Burns 3/16/2013, 12:15 pm

I had the game like I said. But I considered going back and picking it up but I would be able to make less than half of the races. Race time is what gets me on Sundays. Sad
RR Rowdy Burns
RR Rowdy Burns
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by luongo27 3/16/2013, 12:33 pm

Good news, game is here, bad news, wheel is broken. Will just run with controller for now.
luongo27
luongo27
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/16/2013, 6:32 pm

Luongo, I have an old Logitec wheel lying around (never used) but I think it is not compatible with xbox. "MOMO Racing Force Feedback Wheel".

Back to top Go down

Post by luongo27 3/16/2013, 6:51 pm

I'm looking at getting a thrustmaster 458 italia wheel, cheapish one that will last until the new consoles are out. Then i might get a fanatec.
luongo27
luongo27
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/16/2013, 9:00 pm

I'll be on later tonight about 11pm EST or so, if anyone wants to run a practice session.
My best time so far 1:29.362. Quick Race Qualy, Options, McLaren.

Back to top Go down

Post by luongo27 3/16/2013, 9:23 pm

Have a forza race but will run some laps after i'm done.
luongo27
luongo27
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 3/17/2013, 12:01 pm

Are you still in Coventry or have you moved to Canada? I still have my Logitec DriveFX (I think that's the same as what you have).
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by luongo27 3/17/2013, 2:27 pm

I'm still near Coventry, got a replacement wheel earlier today Smile. But might still be interested in getting that wheel off you at some point.
luongo27
luongo27
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 3/17/2013, 4:00 pm

Good to hear you got another wheel dude.
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 3/17/2013, 8:40 pm

Luongo (team mate) let me know if you want to run some laps at Malaysia some time. I'm driving down to London to see my Dad tomorrow, but should be free any evening the rest of the week (positive thinking - hoping his condition isn't too bad).
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by luongo27 3/17/2013, 10:16 pm

Hope it was just a minor one, will let you know what night i will be about. First day back at work tomorrow so i'll get my schedule sorted.
luongo27
luongo27
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/17/2013, 10:52 pm

First off, let me thank all of you for being there for the first ever Realistic Racing F1 race in Melbourne Australia. (Bronn, two in a row is hard and I suspect your xbox died on you, like you were telling me to does after 2 hrs. use).

It was a great experience, and I include all of the new and challenging happenings that come with running a totally different racing production. While Forza is beautiful in its own right, I think Codemasters holds their own with F1. Many of you were new to the series (or semi-new) and I especially want to thank you for being pioneers.

First, who ever sees qualifying in the rain in Forza? Half funny, half maddening, and fully unique, the Dynamic weather *is* reality, love it or hate it.

Second, not only can the A.I. smoke the shit out of all of us (although I'm amazed that sniper never got lapped by the most difficult A.I. in a game that's not familiar), they can really fuck up your race if you get in their way. I was lucky (and screw you Mr. Pic @ Marussia), but some of you were not as fortunate. That's why the game can seem monotonous at times, but at any second you can incur the wrath of the stewards (or run off the track) if you are not careful. Another difference that I think we will find both interesting and frustrating.

Third, there seemed like action all around me most of the time, either due to A.I. or battles with other drivers. And when you combine that with the attention you need to just stay in the present (Rox, when you blasted down the side road thinking it was part of the track I nearly pissed myself...promise to put the corner lines back for the season and they will be optional for all), I think the game is pretty exciting. Sure a full live field would be great but with the ability of the stewards to screw you for A.I. incidents, it keeps things lively.

Fourth, apologies to Owen (I felt for sure I would get a drive through so I gave myself one anyway). Sometimes trying to be authentic and play in cockpit view does not help you realize what's around you when things are happening so fast. I can assure you it was unintentional.

And lastly but not leastly, great race Sniper. Some are just natural racers and you must be one of them. I guess founders tend to be good?!?! But really, all of you who I know are used to getting out there with reliable set ups, no rain, some driver aids, and various familiarities in Forza...you have to love to race.

Back to top Go down

Post by KikRox268 3/19/2013, 1:26 am

It was a great race. Props to my teammate on the win and props to everyone else for sticking it out. Thanks for allowing the braking line on for the remainder of the season...I'm just glad I was able to stop before I hit the wall, lmao! And don't worry, I almost pissed my pants as well. And like you pointed out, anything can happen in F1 which I think is why I love it so much. Forza is great and all, but without the penalty system like F1 has, slower drivers like myself really don't have a shot at winning unless someone royally screws up or I get faster, which is part of the challenge. But like you said, there was always action on the track, and the speed at which everything happens keeps you on your toes, regardless if you're in first place or last place. I hope we can get some more interest in this league and in the game and I hope F1 becomes a staple here at RR just as Forza has. Oh and possibly GRID and/or GRID 2. Which buy the way has all the car disciplines in the game...wink wink

KikRox268
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by KikRox268 3/19/2013, 1:30 am

Oh and I think we should keep a running tally of the winners of each race, season champions, and manufacturer champions as well as fastest race times and lap times so that if this series continues on for multiple seasons, drivers can see how the fair against some of the faster and/or veteran drivers of the series...just a thought.

KikRox268
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 3/19/2013, 4:08 am

OctoberDuck, like KikRox, thanks for allowing the choice of braking line. I guess with some more practise we'd be fine without it, and I only really use it as a guide. I find that I easily get distracted when there are cars around me and miss my braking point.

Btw, you didn't really need to take the drive through - it wasn't like I was ever in the race Smile
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by KikRox268 3/19/2013, 10:16 am

In F1 October, everyone is in the race...until the race is over.

KikRox268
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 3/19/2013, 10:57 am

KikRox, if that was meant for me, I really wasn't in the race after lap 3! All I could have hoped for was someone to retire...

I'm hoping to have a clearer mind at Malaysia and not make too many silly mistakes like completely missing my breaking point on every long straight LOL!!! Imagine my fastest lap in the race was 1.40, yet when I practise (quick race) I run in the 1.33's. Sad nothing like real race pressure (and a stonking hangover!). pale
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by KikRox268 3/19/2013, 11:07 am

I feel you on tht, but wth the way some of the AI drivers are, I'm surprised that all of the humn drivers survived

KikRox268
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/19/2013, 1:04 pm

Yea, I am too re: the A.I. There are things that practice can help with on Forza and different things it will help with (along with knowing the track and car, obviously) in F1. For instance, I make it a point NOT to run time trial or even just qualy with AI for practice, but a few real races. They can me short. Main thing is to get an idea of their time and where the trouble spots will be. It's a damn miracle that I didn't get a penalty, but I'm sure my time is coming.

I go to "quick race" then you can put in your set up, parc ferme rules will apply after a qualifying session (i.e. you can change the wing), and then run a five lapper over and over again.

Another think is that the speed and risk of real time penalty (not just the artificial "dirty lap" and collision damage) almost forces you to know every corner of every track like the back of your hand. Only reason I was fairly decent at Melbourne is that I've must have run 1000 laps there so far. It will be interesting to see what happens at a track like Silverstone, which is in both games. Of course (looking at sniper) some people just have the natural ability to be fast. No

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next